PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays sidecar crash.

Lou Girardin
12th March 2007, 06:02
I arrived just after it happened, but we then had to twiddle our thumbs for an hour while they waited for the cops to arrive and 'investigate'.
Why?

It was an accident on a closed circuit. I can't see organisers holding up WSB, MotoGP, Bathurst or any other race while the Police get involved.
I guess this is the price we pay to live in the Feminarchy Safety Paradise that is modern NZ.

BTW. Keystone was very smooth and consistant, good to see.
And Frosty, you need to change the clour of your bike.
Most of the other riders thought pink was a bit suspect and ran away from you. :innocent:

spudchucka
12th March 2007, 06:07
Coroners Act?

TonyB
12th March 2007, 07:06
Coroners Act?

Nope. According to this (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10428307) the swinger was injured but alive. My best wishes to the swinger for a speedy recovery.

Edit: rest of post deleted- as Shaun said, not the time or place.

bistard
12th March 2007, 07:21
What has pissed me off,was the fact that TV3 cameras turned up & the accident got on the 6.00 news,but no further reporting of the days results were even mentioned
As far as the sidecar swinger goes & being involved with the fatality at Manfield whe Owen Brunten died(I was not at Puke),the injuries might have been worse than was first broadcast!!I hope I am wrong,all the best to the family & if this is the case,it then becomes a crime scene & has to be documented & recorded as such
Once again the media & there sensationalism,gives our sport a bad or negative image

Shaun
12th March 2007, 07:33
How about the giving the family and friends a moment to recover before you all start going on about this

bistard
12th March 2007, 07:34
Um tv /press and radio were in full attendance at the track all day

If so,why was there no mention of any of the races or results

Viking Steven Poulson
12th March 2007, 07:40
Well I am very sorry that the smash turned out fatal but life goes on

spudchucka
12th March 2007, 07:50
Nope. According to this (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10428307) the rider was injured but alive.

Might be because at the time there was a strong possibility that he would croak.

Jimmy B
12th March 2007, 08:35
I am glad to hear that because I heard the opposite from one of the entrants, made me feel quite ill. We rode home slowww

Macktheknife
12th March 2007, 08:41
My thoughts are with the family, good luck and best wishes to them all, the rest is not worth discussing guys.

Joni
12th March 2007, 10:06
How about the giving the family and friends a moment to recover before you all start going on about thisThank you Shaun.

MyGSXF
12th March 2007, 10:24
My thoughts are with the family, good luck and best wishes to them all, the rest is not worth discussing guys.

My thoughts exactly!! Good one mtk, & Shaun also!!! :yes:

Leave the other shit out of here aye!! :whocares: & focus on sending positive energy & thoughts to those involved who need it!!

Wishing a positive outcome for the young fella & his family!! :hug: to you from me!!

Jen :rockon:

TonyB
12th March 2007, 16:38
How about the giving the family and friends a moment to recover before you all start going on about this

Fair call. Pulling my head in.

scrivy
12th March 2007, 17:17
Just heard the horrible news on one news tonight. I hope this doesn't put our beloved sport into the limelight for all the wrong reasons. I think we need to support the Thompson family to the fullest, and show some respect for fellow lovers of our sport. This is an absolute damn shame for someone that was so new to our sport. We try hard to enlist new members into our family, and for this to happen to someone so young just makes me ill :cry:

Rest in peace JT.

Joni
12th March 2007, 17:19
I could not have put it better my friend.... :(

scumdog
12th March 2007, 17:23
[/B]Well wats next next thbe cops will be walking onto the race track and issueing speeding tickets or some stupid thing like that after all they are that rushed off bthere feet but they still find time to bug the most trivial of things anyway we hope and pray the fellow will pull through ok Viking Steve

Learn some punctuation and spelling before the Grammar Police ticket you.

Madness
12th March 2007, 17:23
r i p

Edbear
12th March 2007, 17:31
Sad Day!:bye: RIP

Scorpygirl
12th March 2007, 17:33
Just heard the horrible news on one news tonight. I hope this doesn't put our beloved sport into the limelight for all the wrong reasons. I think we need to support the Thompson family to the fullest, and show some respect for fellow lovers of our sport. This is an absolute damn shame for someone that was so new to our sport. We try hard to enlist new members into our family, and for this to happen to someone so young just makes me ill :cry:

Rest in peace JT.

Well said mate. It made me feel quite sick and very sad too. I don't know the Thompson family at all but wish to pass on condolences. I don't care if it's appropriate or not. I just wish to express support to a family in grief.

manyrevs
12th March 2007, 17:39
Just heard the horrifying news that the lad died this afternoon. I saw the whole incident right in front of me, from the main stand yesterday. At the moment I had my Nikon ready to go and snapped a few pics directy after it happened and when I got home I viewed them. I wasn't that happy to look at them. Just a few seconds ago, I deleted them from my camera and my PC in respect of the guys family and friends. The excitement at the moment soon turned to nausea after hearing the bad news... I'll take my hat off and raise a glass to the guys memory later on. Right now I feel a little ill...

For those of you who have never ridden in a sidecar, I can tell you its quite a horrifying experience if your not prepared for it. You are but inches above the deck and the speed gets exaggerated manyfold...

Two Smoker
12th March 2007, 17:52
Rest in peace mate. I wish to send our condolances to the Thompson family and the sidecar fraternity.

Prof - R
12th March 2007, 17:58
I would like to send my condolances to the Thompson family and the sidecar fraternity

Mrs Busa Pete
12th March 2007, 18:00
RIP to swinger and condolance to the family

TonyB
12th March 2007, 18:19
My condolences to his family and freinds, to the sidecar fraternity, and to the racing community in general. I hope that it offers some comfort that he died as a result of participating in the sport that was his passion, and at the highest level available in this country.

Hendy
12th March 2007, 18:39
My thoughts are with with the family, and may we keep the posts on this to a thoughtful level for the family.

Goblin
12th March 2007, 18:41
Heartfelt condolences to the Thompson family and the entire sidecar family.

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 19:06
Just heard the horrifying news that the lad died this afternoon. I saw the whole incident right in front of me, from the main stand yesterday. At the moment I had my Nikon ready to go and snapped a few pics directy after it happened and when I got home I viewed them. I wasn't that happy to look at them. Just a few seconds ago, I deleted them from my camera and my PC in respect of the guys family and friends. The excitement at the moment soon turned to nausea after hearing the bad ...
Dude--PLEASE PM me or scrivvy ASAP
ANYBODY --with pictures of this accident please make contact asap
NO Im not being a ghoul --AMCC and MNZ are asking for these pictures fairly urgently

Finn
12th March 2007, 19:23
Motorsport is dangerous. Live with that thought.

RIP Swinger.

sidecar bob
12th March 2007, 19:32
Thanks to all who have shown suppourt & respect for the Thompson family & Sidecar family at this time.

R.I.P J.T

MyGSXF
12th March 2007, 19:41
My deepest sympathy goes to the Thompson family.. & the sidecar family.

R.I.P JT

chic 'n' charge
12th March 2007, 21:00
Well, I'm absolutely gobsmacked that another of our sidecar families has to deal with the tragic loss of a loved one.

At least I can say from my heart that he's got an awesome angel waiting for him when he arrives at the racetrack in the sky - he will be safe.

To his family and all sidecar fraternity, your pain and loss is felt countrywide. Take strength from those you love and the knowledge he was doing what he loved.

Ivan
12th March 2007, 21:33
very very sad,

Never met the guy good on him for being out there Motor sport is Dangerous sorry to any guys who knew him well,
Sorry to his family its a hard time right now and I hope you pull through guys

Ivan

FROSTY
12th March 2007, 21:41
For all the racers and sidecar supporters.
A collection jar was set up at prizegiving after the TT meeting last night.
I THINK anyone wanting to donate to the Thompson family can still do so by contacting MNZ --www.mnz.co.nz

Jimmy B
13th March 2007, 10:59
I’m not usually one to contribute to these sorts of threads as I invariably don’t know the people or families involved. Sunday was different because one minute I was thrilled by the sport that you had chosen for its excitement, speed, skill and bravery. The next minute I was shocked because it didn’t happen on TV to people I had never met, It happened so fast to a bloke that I could have been rubbing shoulders with less than an hour before. If you ever take the time to read this, my deepest sympathy goes to you, your family and friends. This accident is not something that I will soon forget; my thoughts will be with you for a long time to come.

Macktheknife
13th March 2007, 12:27
My prayers and support go out to the Thompson family and friends.

placidfemme
13th March 2007, 13:28
Condolences to the Thompson Family and the Sidecar racing faternity. A terrible thing to happen. Prayers and thoughts are with the family.

Blondini
13th March 2007, 15:53
Now I understand why I was not meant to be there this weekend:no: :weep:My sincere condolences to the family and all who loved him:love:

BarryG
16th March 2007, 06:36
My heartfelt condolences to the family.
Regards
Barry

Mort
16th March 2007, 18:36
I was there. I am glad to say I did not see the actual incident. I am deeply sad for John Thompson and his family. A tragic accident has blighted them and the sport.

Paul