PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my ride (Questions)

The Lone Rider
12th March 2007, 07:49
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if these two things would fit a 1994 Honda Magna 250.

Grips

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KURYAKYN-ISO-FLAME-GRIPS-ALL-HONDA-VTX-SHADOW-VLX_W0QQitemZ250092895096QQcategoryZ35557QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Pegs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flame-Front-Footpeg-Honda-Spirit-VLX-VTX-Ace-Magna_W0QQitemZ280092449897QQcategoryZ35588QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Theres another type of those foot pegs that have a "Male" adaptor but I'm a fish out of water trying to figure out what will fit and what wont.

In general, it would be good to know what can and can't fit my Magna.

idleidolidyll
12th March 2007, 07:56
Magna 250?

isn't that an oxymoron?

idleidolidyll
12th March 2007, 08:00
it says: "Universal fitment for 1" handlebars. -Metric"

if you trust yanks to know that the metric of 1" is 25.4mm and you've measured your bars at 25.4mm; i guess your question is answered

as for the pegs, go find one of the bikes the auction states these fit and measure it to see if it's the same as yours

The Lone Rider
12th March 2007, 08:36
How is magna 250 a contradiction?

And I thought some bars had internal wiring, or some air tube something or rather running down the inside. I've heard all sorts of things that vary in bars.

idleidolidyll
12th March 2007, 08:48
How is magna 250 a contradiction?

And I thought some bars had internal wiring, or some air tube something or rather running down the inside. I've heard all sorts of things that vary in bars.

"Magna" indicates 'big, large, powerful' etc

obviously an oxymoron when referring to a 250

The Lone Rider
12th March 2007, 08:58
You better have a word with Honda then :yes:

idleidolidyll
12th March 2007, 09:02
i don't care enough; i just find so many of the japanese names and slogans quite ridiculous.

have you ever seen the bullshit blurb on the back of an older suzuki 4 wheel drive? hilarious gobledegook

gijoe1313
12th March 2007, 16:23
i don't care enough; i just find so many of the japanese names and slogans quite ridiculous.

have you ever seen the bullshit blurb on the back of an older suzuki 4 wheel drive? hilarious gobledegook

Dear III, please to be making the great happy time for peace!

HRT
12th March 2007, 19:17
Its more than just the Suzukis, heaps of them have crap waffled over them.

Last one at work "The ARC product is wonders assembled project. They present comfortable and unknown car life with ARC power."

And that was on an aftermarket air filter housing.

The Lone Rider
13th March 2007, 08:11
The great kiwi drawback.. how great.

Man, some people... :bye:

And thanks for the OT in my post

Bangbug
13th March 2007, 08:12

? It might have more poke than your 90 odd hp.
Super.....what?

And slogans....... what's all that jazz in your signature????
At least the Japs keep the length to a minimum.

imdying
13th March 2007, 08:50
? It might have more poke than your 90 odd hp.
Super.....what?

And slogans....... what's all that jazz in your signature????
At least the Japs keep the length to a minimum.Yep. He has you there... twice even!

idleidolidyll
13th March 2007, 10:50
Yep. He has you there... twice even!

nah, not even once

ktm has closer to 100hp and plenty of torque to boot

obviously the answer to my second question is 'no' given that the blurb on the back of suzuki 4wd's takes a good 10 minutes to read

imdying
13th March 2007, 11:11
Nothing a bit of remedial learning can't clear up mate. 100hp and plenty of torque is 'super'? Must be sad in your world.

Macktheknife
13th March 2007, 11:27
In answer to your original question the answer is no, the magna is standard with 7/8th bars and the footpeg mounting is not compatible with these pegs. However you could fit 1 inch bars and modify the peg mountings to make it fit.
How much do you want it?
BTW this stuff is also available in NZ on Tardme.

samo
13th March 2007, 19:44

"Tenacious 4x4 power...
The masterpiece of suzuki's
original engineering.
Powerful and Hi performance engine.
L4, H4, H2 ranges.
Large Ground clearence.
Front wheel disc brakes."

Taken from a 1986 Suzuki sj413.... pure gold i thought! haha

The Lone Rider
14th March 2007, 08:50
In answer to your original question the answer is no, the magna is standard with 7/8th bars and the footpeg mounting is not compatible with these pegs. However you could fit 1 inch bars and modify the peg mountings to make it fit.
How much do you want it?
BTW this stuff is also available in NZ on Tardme.

Hmm, well the person I got the bike off of said it had 1" bars although I've never measured them myself. 1" or 7/8 is no biggy as you can get grips for both easily enough.

The Lone Rider
13th April 2007, 09:36
Apparently not everyone knows Magnas, or mine is a freak of nature as I've now used some calibrated tools from work (micrometer is it called?) and it measured 1" at the middle of the bar and where the grips and such are on the bar.

So these SHOULD fit right? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=94855846

As I know some grips are only for internal wiring or something, and theres other things I'm not sure of what I'm to look for

imdying
13th April 2007, 13:03
That should fit.