PDA

View Full Version : Quasi One Piece Ensures BarBender Goes to Work.

BarBender
12th March 2007, 09:44
I binned at Fridays Taupo trackday.
The 14 is OK - just cosmetics and footpeg down the left side. :(

More importantly -I am OK...and in search of a track bike (Mrs BarBender = :angry2: )

Any justification to wear quality gear was resoundingly confirmed when I lowsided at turn one at about 70kph. Without it - I would have certainly lost both kneecaps, broken my left ac joint/arm/elbow, broken my right hand and God only know what else. :sweatdrop

The gear held up well Quasi.:first: ...and I'm at work.:sleep:

Cheers
R

ArcherWC
12th March 2007, 09:52
Mate, she (the 14) looked pretty twisted from behind. Made the ealier "kiss" look very minor

You looked like you were ok, didnt know if you would survive mrs barbender, hope you kept the leather on when you told her.

I too will be looking for a track bike in the near future.

Catch you later mate

justsomeguy
12th March 2007, 09:54
Damn.... not nice.....

Glad to know it's all fixable....

Sucks, that turn tends to tighten very slightly at the exit and must be a bit tricky with the amount of power you have....

New bike, new leathers usually equals bin... People like Two Smoker actually roll on the ground to scrub their leathers a bit....:mellow:

Sorry bout all this, see ya day after.

BarBender
12th March 2007, 09:56
Mate, she (the 14) looked pretty twisted from behind. Made the ealier "kiss" look very minor

You looked like you were ok, didnt know if you would survive mrs barbender, hope you kept the leather on when you told her.

I too will be looking for a track bike in the near future.

Catch you later mate

Thanks B. Sure did.
Rear plastics on the leftside were a little loose but subframe was Ok. I'm surprised I got away with the damage that I did!! Mrs BarBender wasnt too impressed when I got home. :shutup:

Jimmy B
12th March 2007, 09:57
Thanks B. Sure did.
Rear plastics on the leftside were a little loose but subframe was Ok. I'm surprised I got away with the damage that I did!! Mrs BarBender wasnt too impressed when I got home. :shutup:

I bet she wasnt, glad to hear youre OK and the gear worked well

BarBender
12th March 2007, 10:00
Damn.... not nice.....

Glad to know it's all fixable....

Sucks, that turn tends to tighten very slightly at the exit and must be a bit tricky with the amount of power you have....

New bike, new leathers usually equals bin... People like Two Smoker actually roll on the ground to scrub their leathers a bit....:mellow:

Sorry bout all this, see ya day after.

Thanks Uj.
Yeah - just one of those things.
Lesson learnt though - A stock 14 certainly aint a 12 with Ohlins.

C ya tomorrow!

HenryDorsetCase
12th March 2007, 12:26
Thanks B. Sure did.

thats interesting: my partner was really good when I did the exact same thing you did (lowsided off into the shrubbery on a track day). When I said to her after that it makes sense to buy a track bike (and maybe do some clubman races) she was all for it. Basically the idea of hammering on the track with no oncoming traffic, no distractions and lots of kitty litter/runoff area seems to be the good thing. Plus if you have your fill of going fast on the track, theres less perceived need to ride like a lunatic on the public thoroughfare. Have you tried explaining all that stuff?

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
12th March 2007, 12:31
Glad to hear you are ok. Yep I've stopped taking my bike on a track - its my main form of transport and be blowed if I will pussyfoot around a track so my bike doesn't get damaged!! One definitely needs two bikes! and to win lotto!!

gijoe1313
12th March 2007, 20:58
Glad to hear you are hunky-dory and the gear did it's job! On ya for wanting to get back on the track! I've still yet to garner the pleasure of pootling around on a track day yet :no: I've planned for it and all by making sure I have my track day bike all purchased and in the process of tuning it up for that day! :yes:

Dizzam, looks like I will have to order me some racing leathers from Quasi for that day too! :sweatdrop

BarBender
14th March 2007, 18:03
I bet she wasnt, glad to hear youre OK and the gear worked well
Thanks JB

thats interesting: my partner was really good when I did the exact same thing you did (lowsided off into the shrubbery on a track day). When I said to her after that it makes sense to buy a track bike (and maybe do some clubman races) she was all for it. Basically the idea of hammering on the track with no oncoming traffic, no distractions and lots of kitty litter/runoff area seems to be the good thing. Plus if you have your fill of going fast on the track, theres less perceived need to ride like a lunatic on the public thoroughfare. Have you tried explaining all that stuff?
Not yet. But will get to it once I make sure whats happening with the current bike.

Glad to hear you are ok. Yep I've stopped taking my bike on a track - its my main form of transport and be blowed if I will pussyfoot around a track so my bike doesn't get damaged!! One definitely needs two bikes! and to win lotto!!
Thanks Shirl. Ahhhh...two bikes seems a distant dream at the moment...especially from the couch...

Glad to hear you are hunky-dory and the gear did it's job! On ya for wanting to get back on the track! I've still yet to garner the pleasure of pootling around on a track day yet :no: I've planned for it and all by making sure I have my track day bike all purchased and in the process of tuning it up for that day! :yes:
Dizzam, looks like I will have to order me some racing leathers from Quasi for that day too! :sweatdrop
Yep - Got mine from Quasi. Good gear. Passed the Barbender crash test.

Colapop
14th March 2007, 18:30
Bro, you give me too much money and you can have the RF as a track bike! No fairing necessary. It'll be nice and slow to keep you safe...

terbang
14th March 2007, 19:02
Oh no Rona thats real bad to hear that about Mrs B. Mrs T somehow talks the same language :angry2:.
Oh yeah sorry to hear about the scrape on yer 14 as well and ups to Quasi's gear eh..

BarBender
14th March 2007, 20:36
Bro, you give me too much money and you can have the RF as a track bike! No fairing necessary. It'll be nice and slow to keep you safe...

LOL - Good on ya Big Fella. Fairing will be the least of my issues should I buy that machine of yours. Id suspect the handlebars are a tad warped with you griping them!:apumpin:

Oh no Rona thats real bad to hear that about Mrs B. Mrs T somehow talks the same language :angry2:.
Oh yeah sorry to hear about the scrape on yer 14 as well and ups to Quasi's gear eh..
Yep Mrs B spreken da same language as Mrs T...and all the other Mrs from A through to Z.
Have you got the Bus up and running yet Bruce??

PS - love the avatar!

Tickler
14th March 2007, 21:08
Good to see your alright barbender, we were waiting at the end of pit road for our session, then.... all hell breaks loose on turn 1. We were all relieved that you got up straight away.
Cant say it promoted the hardest riding from people in our group in that session. But i think another guy went down later in turn 1 after he hit his peg and washed out the front.

Anyway, everyone that went down, got back up.

beyond
14th March 2007, 21:26

Thank goodness for that.

Sucks big time when your new baby goes down though and of course the new leathers get the good old road rash too. :(

BarBender
15th March 2007, 07:31
Good to see your alright barbender, we were waiting at the end of pit road for our session, then.... all hell breaks loose on turn 1. We were all relieved that you got up straight away.
Cant say it promoted the hardest riding from people in our group in that session. But i think another guy went down later in turn 1 after he hit his peg and washed out the front.

Thanks T.
Yep I wouldve provided a bit of a show at the end of the main straight. My brother was riding at his first trackday and was in the slow group at the end of pit row. Saw the whole thing. He mentioned later that he was a little tentitive going into turn one.

Unfortunate that I set a precident.

terbang
15th March 2007, 07:46
"Have you got the Bus up and running yet Bruce??"

Yep I had it basicly straightened out so that I could go to the south island but its back in the shop now getting all the new bits fitted. Should be done early next week. All up $4500 for a gentle little lowside that I basicly just stepped off from only scuffing up one boot...

"and of course the new leathers get the good old road rash too." :(
It gives them some character eh..!

Macktheknife
15th March 2007, 10:04
Glad you are ok mate, bugger about the bike!
Quasi is the man (again), he should really start to get photo's off you guys for marketing purposes, proof positive that the gear works well when it needs to.
Hope the repairs go easy and fast.

stig
15th March 2007, 11:46
I ate it on the same corner the Friday before you.
Was going a little quick and the front let go on as i pushed out wider from that resurfaced strip to the normal tarmac.
maybe my enthusiasm out weighed my experiance.
Scored a broken collar bone for my efforts.
Can put a plug in for quasi gear as well.
little hole in the shoulder but other than the x-ray you'd never know I had an off.

Glad I thought ahead and bought a track bike eh. Just gotta buy a new peg and a $10 can of touch up paint.

all should be good for an april track day :yes:

BarBender
15th March 2007, 14:24
Glad you are ok mate, bugger about the bike!
Quasi is the man (again), he should really start to get photo's off you guys for marketing purposes, proof positive that the gear works well when it needs to.
Hope the repairs go easy and fast.

Thanks Mack. Good idea. Might send a pic to Quasi.

I ate it on the same corner the Friday before you.
Was going a little quick and the front let go on as i pushed out wider from that resurfaced strip to the normal tarmac.
maybe my enthusiasm out weighed my experiance.
Scored a broken collar bone for my efforts.
Can put a plug in for quasi gear as well.
little hole in the shoulder but other than the x-ray you'd never know I had an off.
Glad I thought ahead and bought a track bike eh. Just gotta buy a new peg and a $10 can of touch up paint.
all should be good for an april track day :yes:

Collar bone?? Heal up fast mate.
Good on ya for getting the track bike.

SPman
15th March 2007, 16:58

It gives them some character eh..!
There comes a point where the "character addition" can stop!

I think I've reached that point.....