PDA

View Full Version : 12-pint biker is jailed

Bob
19th August 2004, 00:11
A biker who downed 12 pints before a crash in which a woman friend died was jailed for five years.

Tracey Smith was killed instantly when she was flung 50ft from the pillion of James Cheshire's 600cc Suzuki, breaking her neck. A witness said they saw Cheshire riding on the wrong side of a dual carriageway and going 'very fast'. The bike slewed off the road, hit a sandstone block on a footpath and smashed into a wall.

The court heard Cheshire had taken Tracey out for a drink to thank her for looking after his house while he was on holiday. Judge Lord Wheatley told him: 'Like many cases of this kind, this is a truly tragic matter. I am in no doubt you have expressed very genuine remorse and horror, but I have to take a serious view of what happened because a human life was lost by your criminal irresponsibility.'

The judge also banned Cheshire from driving for seven years.

Mongoose
19th August 2004, 00:21
Twelve pints?? :drinknsin . That is more than enough to give the average person a case of the staggers. Hardly suprising he was on the wrong side of the road, maybe he had trouble seeing it let alone know where he was on it? :stupid:

aff-man
19th August 2004, 00:37
Yeh he must have been staggering a bit. AND SHE STILL GOT ON THE BACK???????. :gob: Getting on a vehicle that can fall over when you yourself can stand straight. :eek: :eek:

riffer
19th August 2004, 08:25
What a fuckwit :mad:

Cajun
19th August 2004, 12:39
What a fuckwit :mad:
second that
gives us suzuki 600cc riders a bad name

toads
19th August 2004, 15:10
too bad there isn't a law against stupidity!

NC
19th August 2004, 15:21
:eek5:

What a cock.

kerryg
19th August 2004, 15:24
Twelve pints?? :drinknsin . That is more than enough to give the average person a case of the staggers. Hardly suprising he was on the wrong side of the road, maybe he had trouble seeing it let alone know where he was on it? :stupid:

Truly 'mazing thing is how he could drink 12 pints of the flat warm cloudy swill in the first place. Unless he was a lager lout i s'pose.

I worked in a pub in London a long time ago on my o.e. and publican would only allow us to drink the bitter when one of the punters would say " and have one for yourself" (lovely custom) :yes: ...and I would have a Coke!!!!...and I LIKE beer.....

Lou Girardin
22nd August 2004, 17:29
And a big thank you to Mr Darwin. Right again.

enigma51
22nd August 2004, 18:10
Now we will hear again from the general public that bikes are dangerous blah blah blah blah. HE WAS DRUNKEN AND A IDIOT. Not to say the its the pilions fault but why did she get on the back?

rodgerd
22nd August 2004, 21:29
And a big thank you to Mr Darwin. Right again.

How so? He's still alive, and will no doubt be afforded the chance to breed and use the roads when out of prison.

FROSTY
22nd August 2004, 22:05
What an idiot--and what a silly gal gettin on the bike with him

spudchucka
23rd August 2004, 16:51
A collegue of mine is dealing with a driver that had a blood alcohol reading of 242, (the limit is 80). That is quite spectacularly pissed by anyones estimation. And the driver insisted throughout the procedure that they hadn't had anything to drink. :shit: :shit:

rodgerd
23rd August 2004, 16:54
A collegue of mine is dealing with a driver that had a blood alcohol reading of 242, (the limit is 80). That is quite spectacularly pissed by anyones estimation. And the driver insisted throughout the procedure that they hadn't had anything to drink. :shit: :shit:

Considering 80 is, for an average sized man, something in the order of sinking a six-pack in under an hour, the "legal limit" is pretty pissed to be driving.

scumdog
23rd August 2004, 17:18
Had three big bottles in two -two and a half hour time frame on an empty stomach and blew 360, no way did I feel I could drive!! I felt plastered!

(BTW it was an experiment before you all get too excited)

Mongoose
23rd August 2004, 17:25

Best I can remember was 9 pints of larger in 4 and 1/2 hours in Pommyland, and man was i well bladdered or what!!