PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster Headlight - need a new 1

YLWDUC
14th March 2007, 18:48
Hey folks,

The reflector on my Monster's headlight is starting to delaminate, and it no longer reflects a decent amount of light forward. Apparently its an R80 lamp manufactured by german company Bosch, but the price for a new reflector is over $300 :nono:

Does anyone know of a spares yard that might have these headlights, or a place to get one cheaper than through BMW?

Alternatively, thinking of replacing the 8" light with smaller street fighter ones from spareshack. Any ideas?

JimO
14th March 2007, 19:09
you could try emoto on trade me they import bikes and may bring parts in as well? could be worth a question on one of their auctions

desmo dave
14th March 2007, 19:25
you could try emoto on trade me they import bikes and may bring parts in as well? could be worth a question on one of their auctions
you could also ask Corsa mc.Check out all Ducati dealer listings on TM and ask them. they should be able to come up with something.A few years back i had to replace the Darmah headlight after a stone hit it.The same light but a BMW listing was a third cheaper than a Ducati part.A headlight of your choice wouldnt go a miss allso.The originals not all that prety

YLWDUC
14th March 2007, 20:10
you could also ask Corsa mc.

Will do, thanks Dave and Jim