15th March 2007, 18:20
looking for people who ride the coromandel penninsular

enigma51
15th March 2007, 18:22
looking for people who ride the coromandel penninsular

Wont find any one on here that ride's the coromandel Sorry :gob:

Rotor
15th March 2007, 18:40
is it to far from coffee shopshttp://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/smilies/scooter.gif

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:16
Heaps of people ride the Coromandel Loop.

Most of the guys in Auckland, Rotorua and Tauranga are Coro loop sluts like me :)

Why do you ask?

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 19:19
Heaps of people ride the Coromandel Loop.

Most of the guys in Auckland, Rotorua and Tauranga are Coro loop sluts like me :)

Why do you ask?

Never watch Coro my self.............

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:21
Never watch Coro my self.............

I bet you do :)

Hows it going mate? Doing a run to Napier tomorrow arvo to see my brother then coming back on Saturday arvo. Hope the weather is kind to me.

terbang
15th March 2007, 19:23
Where is ZRXer when you need him most..

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 19:23
I bet you do :)

Hows it going mate? Doing a run to Napier tomorrow arvo to see my brother then coming back on Saturday arvo. Hope the weather is kind to me.

No serious............Living Channel?

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:26
I watched Coro when I was a kid and things haven't changed much since then except some of the actors are long dead and the rest got old :)

Yeah, ZRXER, where are you mate?

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 19:28
Seriously for me the best part of Coro is the Thames - Coro Town bit followed by breakfast.

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:30
My best bit which I could do all day long is from Whitianga to Coro town and especially the smooth seal bit over the hill with all the twisties. :love:

terbang
15th March 2007, 19:33
Gulp, I can remember when Ken Barlow was a pimply faced teenager..!

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:33
Gulp, I can remember when Ken Barlow was a pimply faced teenager..!

Same mate. Frightening isn't it?

Rotor
15th March 2007, 19:35
just want to meet riders not coffee drinkers , thats why i asked
e mail me next time doing loop and will try to meet any at tapo (1/2 way along thames coast)9 out of the 50km zone)

beyond
15th March 2007, 19:41
Fair enough. I like riding and not sucking coffee all the time too :)

Keep an eye out on this site under planned events as they are always on.

Trouble is most people like the East coast and head up that way and then back again the same way but often do the full loop as well.

Anyways, watch the planned rides under meetings and events and a lot of times people meet at the Kopu gas station. Auckland crew normally meet anyone from Tauranga, Rotorua, Paeroa there.

There hasn't been a full organised loop since the unfortunate events of 2nd December but I may tentatively organise one before winter hits hard.

Most people are a little hesitant to organise large group rides since that bad day, myself included. It's a good way to meet others but has the potential to go wrong.

boomer
15th March 2007, 20:00
i like going up and over the hill.

MINTA!!!!!

and coro's fnot unny, nearly as bad as still seeing that The bill and the other crap soaps are still being shipped over here.

enigma51
15th March 2007, 20:02

MINTA!!!!!

and coro's fnot unny, nearly as bad as still seeing that The bill and the other crap soaps are still being shipped over here.

what you on about you ponsonby latte' lover! :dodge:

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 20:04

MINTA!!!!!

You are over the hill?

boomer
15th March 2007, 20:11
what you on about you ponsonby latte' lover! :dodge:

how can you afford the internet.. get back to work! AND yeah bro.. keen as fukin mustard for a ride over the weekend, couldn't go to Taupo track day tomorrow so a scoot somewhere else is in order. That reminds me, i need to speak to Nicko to get some tyres. i cant go anywhere on that front of mine :(

You are over the hill?

is that better than being round the bend? or not straight.. ahahhaha :lol:

beyond
15th March 2007, 20:12
You are over the hill?

So am I, coming up the big 50 :(

boomer
15th March 2007, 20:15

FARK!!!!! in that case i'm only a wee nipper. another (nearly) 3 years till the big four O :shit:

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 20:17
is that better than being round the bend? or not straight.. ahahhaha :lol:

No far far worse....................

Grahameeboy
15th March 2007, 20:18

Nah you just hang off the seat but mate no way you look 50.....

Rotor
15th March 2007, 21:30
who new about the light side and the dark side ???
whats the diffrence

Squeak the Rat
15th March 2007, 21:55
The green side appears to be good too....

No point doin the loop if you don't go all the way (over the hill).

SPman
16th March 2007, 01:00
Bloody youngsters!

Now....back in my day, when bikers were bikers.........blether,... mumble..........wheres my Horlicks............

Edbear
16th March 2007, 06:28

Me too! Scary! :bye: not Spring Chicken anymore, though there are those here who may disagree...

Keen to try the Loop again but now on a cruiser, may be a different kettle o' fish?:yes:

Squeak the Rat
16th March 2007, 07:09
Keen to try the Loop again but now on a cruiser, may be a different kettle o' fish?:yes:

On a week day I'd imagine that would be an extremely enjoyable kettle of fish :scooter:

ZeroIndex
16th March 2007, 07:25
shit mate... if Sunday is sunny, I might consider heading up that way, although the weather report isn't looking good at this stage...

uksteve
18th March 2007, 12:01
Hi Beyond, I'll only be too glad to join you on the Coro loop. Great ride

Grub
18th March 2007, 12:20
just want to meet riders not coffee drinkers

Ewwww .... picky. Eight posts and he's already got Attitude. You're going to fit in here just fine Rotor.

PM Finn, Dover, Ghost Rider, Boomer and Pervert and you can join the club. Pity Winja isn't still here, you'd have liked him.

smoky
18th March 2007, 12:29
just want to meet riders not coffee drinkers , thats why i asked
e mail me next time doing loop and will try to meet any at tapo (1/2 way along thames coast)9 out of the 50km zone)

I'll put you on my buddy list, next time a group of us head out around the legendary Coro we'll let you know.
Are you a hard out rider or just in for a cruise?

beyond
18th March 2007, 15:49
Hi Beyond, I'll only be too glad to join you on the Coro loop. Great ride

Will organise one before winter all going well. :)

boomer
18th March 2007, 16:39
Ewwww .... picky. Eight posts and he's already got Attitude. You're going to fit in here just fine Rotor.

PM Finn, Dover, Ghost Rider, Boomer and Pervert and you can join the club. Pity Winja isn't still here, you'd have liked him.

Well if he's a tad bent he could join your club, all he needs is pink wheels and a pink fluffy seat warmer :shutup:

Rotor
26th March 2007, 20:42
Been away for a week
back now
Don't have that much of a attitude only on thing that I like - RIDING NOT TALKING
I'll just watch the calendar for you city boys to go for a ride on the Coromandels

beyond
27th March 2007, 20:05
Yep, keep an eye on the Meetings and events postings. I see there's one posted for this Saturday but doesn't look like the full loop and from Hamilton.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46873

I'm thinking of organising one soon.

Rotor
28th March 2007, 19:42
Smoky I'm not in to cursing but I ride to stay alive(ish) witch is if your in front your safe

Edbear
28th March 2007, 19:51
Smoky I'm not in to cursing ...

That's good to hear! No-one likes cursing on KB....:innocent:

Rotor
28th March 2007, 19:53
How do I piss the learner plate off????????

Mr. Peanut
28th March 2007, 20:56
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9L5k2KSp-w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9L5k2KSp-w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

doc
28th March 2007, 21:10
Ewwww .... picky.
PM Finn, Dover, Ghost Rider, Boomer and Pervert and you can join the club. Pity Winja isn't still here, you'd have liked him.They are my favourites. I don't watch TV anymore there is more entertainment here and you don't even need a bike. BRING BACK WINJA, BRING BACK WINJA, BRING BACK WINJA.

MidnightMike
28th March 2007, 21:18
What a horrible sound, looks fun as hell though. :D

Mr. Peanut
28th March 2007, 21:31
That's horrible noise to you ;)
:second:-strokes!!

Meekey_Mouse
28th March 2007, 22:45
That's horrible noise to you ;)
:second:-strokes!!

Hmm... if two strokes get the second trophy then obviously...

*Presenters voice* First place goes to..... FOUR STROKES *The crowd goes wild* YAAAAAYYY :first:

Rotor
29th March 2007, 09:48
hope you city boy's know where that video clip is
if not it is north side of thames heading south
down side of tapo to thames is the 50km/hr ZONE's

avgas
29th March 2007, 10:55
boring....where are the pics of people getting air-time on ol' tauranga rd?

Blackbird
29th March 2007, 12:30
Pleased to see that the Gixxer owners are maintaining the mandatory tradition of willy waving:done:

Kornholio
29th March 2007, 12:45
The Coro loop is one of the most boring pieces of road I have ever come across...no fun to be had there whatsoever :dodge: That Coroglen pub is a dump too with crap beer :sick:

Rotor
29th March 2007, 15:32
Kornholio Do you like riding from thames to Hamilton Mr straight liner if you think the Coro loop one of the MOST BOORING ROAD OUT unless you ride Nothing

Kornholio
29th March 2007, 15:33
Kornholio Do you like riding from thames to Hamilton Mr straight liner if you think the Coro loop one of the MOST BOORING ROAD OUT unless you ride Nothing

Corners freak me out man :shutup:

kiwifruit
29th March 2007, 15:39
yer, im with Korn on this one. Coro loop is boring

_Gina_
29th March 2007, 15:42
AND THENNNNNNN?????????????

Dude, what does my tattoo say?
Sweet! What does my tattoo say?
Dude! But what does my tattoo say?
Sweet!!! What about mine???
:killingme

kevfromcoro
29th March 2007, 16:43
iam with koro on this...great ride here...i have to say that bcause i live here.

Edbear
29th March 2007, 17:01
On a week day I'd imagine that would be an extremely enjoyable kettle of fish :scooter:

I think on any fine day!:yes:
Keen as to go around on the cruiser! I'm learning how to go around corners on it, but by the time I've got it down pat I may have to replace the warning knobs under the footboards!:third:

saul
29th March 2007, 17:23
The Coro loop is one of the most boring pieces of road I have ever come across...no fun to be had there whatsoever :dodge: That Coroglen pub is a dump too with crap beer :sick:

How come you keep making us go that way then:dodge:

I knew it:yes:

yer, im with Korn on this one. Coro loop is boring

Well I guess not being able to ride does things to the brain :gob: lol:yes:

AND THENNNNNNN?????????????

Dude, what does my tattoo say?
Sweet! What does my tattoo say?
Dude! But what does my tattoo say?
Sweet!!! What about mine???
:killingme

I was one of her first:done: I wonder if you remember?:yes:

Mr. Peanut
29th March 2007, 17:53
hope you city boy's know where that video clip is
if not it is north side of thames heading south
down side of tapo to thames is the 50km/hr ZONE's

Not many second chances on that road huh, dirt, rippled tarmac, dust, and rocks!

_Gina_
29th March 2007, 17:55
I was one of her first:done: I wonder if you remember?:yes:
Fark, how could I forget!

Both of you were soooooo big...... ;)
and fast too !

:rockon:

jimbo
29th March 2007, 19:35

Im wiv you an Kiwifruit Korn ..:innocent: ... scary stuff :shit:

saul
30th March 2007, 14:08
Fark, how could I forget!

Both of you were soooooo big...... ;)
and fast too !

:rockon:

Nice:yes: :sunny:

Rotor
7th April 2007, 10:08
Boys and girls
corners are everything on a bike
its a shame that your fathers didn't teach you about life
"As Chopper says- Harden the FUCK up New Zealand"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVUYCfkpMk

HDTboy
7th April 2007, 19:57
Had a good play up there today. Saw Korn, Kiwifruit, and Saul all shitting bricks going through the corners upright. Had a bite and a drink at the coroglen with about 20 guys from Kiwibiker, then went back the other way.

Didn't see any Busses though

Rotor
8th April 2007, 08:57
I've seen 2 (Bussa's) but was in my car. I don't care what bike you ride as long as you ride

HDTboy
8th April 2007, 10:56
I'm of the same opinion, was just taking a dig mate

Swoop
9th April 2007, 12:31
I watched Coro when I was a kid and things haven't changed much since then except some of the actors are long dead and the rest got old
Shame they all didn't get dead. Crap tv viewing that should be consigned to the midnight hour so the retards who watch that shit have to learn how to set their vcr timers.

Pleased to see that the Gixxer owners are maintaining the mandatory tradition of willy waving:done:
:clap:

Coromandel. Not enough multi-lane motorways with straight passing lanes.
:whistle:

Rotor
15th April 2007, 20:23
What the f$%# is coro? not coronation street thats not bike talk

Harry the Barstard
20th April 2007, 16:36
yeah the whitty coro bit is bloody fantastic. Nice seal, cambered corners and by memory they get down to 15KPH in rating. Im keen give us a yell next time yr going that way.

Rotor
20th April 2007, 17:55
Will do harry
probably go riding next Sunday 29/04/2007 Meet at Thames KFC, Time????

smoky
20th April 2007, 18:43
The Coro to whiti is cool all right but my favorite part is the road between Whangamata and Waihi, do you normaly go over the Kopu or right around thru Waihi ?