PDA

View Full Version : Racebike sponsored ride offered

roadracingoldfart
15th March 2007, 19:53
Hello to you all…..
I have for the last 4 or so years been a rejuvenated motorbike racer and have had such an awesome time doing it.
The last time on the track before this latest stint was about 1988, (the year my present bike was built) .
I have decided to retire from racing but with the backing and full support from my sponsor I am going to offer what will more than likely be a cost free or at the least a low cost race season for the successful applicant.
Read on….there’s more !!!!!

I am offering the seat on my present race bike which is a 1988 CBR 400 RR-J
(known as the “Canbrace 400” ) and it has proved to be a great bike. I won the Vic series pre 89 post classic junior class 2 years ago and last year I came in 2nd overall. It’s a fast enough bike and has been a great billboard for the sponsor. Evidenced by his wish to continue.
The offer is open to anyone that wishes to compete in the post classic junior class for the 2008 season primarily in the Vic Club Winter Series and the plan is to then get another bike later to contest another class but that is yet to be defined so I will wait till after the first season is complete to finalise this. A full on National Series assault is very much on the cards as well as the Wanganui and Paeroa street races.
The bike will be maintained by myself and tyres and most fees will be paid for within the deal.
Finer details will be available at a later date or at a track day to be announced later where I will select a rider, not just based on lap times.
I am not looking for the next champ or front runner but a desire to do well and the ability to help to promote the sponsors product is an advantage.
All applicants will be contacted and advised of any procedures required to allow us to select a short list.
Contact me by email direct at twodogscity2000@paradise.net.nz and please include a short resume of your riding / racing so far , what you ride now, where you live , age, etc etc .

Thanks for reading this thread and to all of you, racing or road riding … take care and stay safe.
Regards Paul.

Clivoris
15th March 2007, 20:08
Must be some young-n-hungry-up-and-comer gagging to have a go at this RROF. Big ups to you and Canbrace for doing this. Is it because I'll be racing F3 and you're frightened? My biking kungfu is invincible.:wacko:

saul
15th March 2007, 20:10
That is so cool :yes: :rockon:

cowpoos
15th March 2007, 21:26
This sound like the perfect oppertunity for RG100 [glenn]
He would be the perfect applicant...very quick up and coming rider!!
not the type of lad that would dissapoint sponsers either!! flick him a PM

Her_C4
15th March 2007, 21:31
DAMN!!!:gob: Is there an age limit? :dodge: :shit:

That sure is one AWEsome opportunity that you are offering there :rockon: How cool :sunny: :sunny:

hurricane_r
15th March 2007, 21:40
damn i really want to getinto racing,

Ivan
15th March 2007, 21:41
great Idea Paul,

I allready race but this is a good idea for someone willing to race.
I think its great guys like you doing this

And yip this bike is fast I have seen it in action before

quallman1234
15th March 2007, 21:42
Wish i could do this but i have no expierence on the track :(.
Would be good for RG100 as said tho :)!

roadracingoldfart
15th March 2007, 21:52
You may well be rite about the Kung Fu Clive as ive seen ya moves and YES im frightened lol :dodge:

There is no age limit to this offer so put your name into the hat and see what happens Her - B4.

quallman ---- previous racecraft is NOT a must for this so email me.

Thanks for the comments folks.
Cheers Paul.

Brian d marge
15th March 2007, 21:56
And I will help with some Spares

Stephen

roadracingoldfart
16th March 2007, 20:42
What sort / type of spares can you offer us Stephen ?????:woohoo:

Sketchy_Racer
17th March 2007, 13:53
This sound like the perfect oppertunity for RG100 [glenn]
He would be the perfect applicant...very quick up and coming rider!!
not the type of lad that would dissapoint sponsers either!! flick him a PM

haha, cheers Ryan.

But im fortunant enough to have a bike now.

So best i leave the door open for other young fellas without a bike, or without a race bike.

Great idea paul, i'm really looking foward to seeing a young rider being given a great opportunity like this

ajturbo
17th March 2007, 13:59
wow.. what an offer...
lets hope the young PERSON who finaly steps up deserves this chance ..

good on yer !!!!!

luke would be a good contender... in 2-3 years time...:innocent:

Colapop
17th March 2007, 14:01
I'm old and slow... and I'm fat... I'm not even going to bother with the hat!

Good stuff though man/s!

bistard
17th March 2007, 14:06
Hey Paul you "Old Fart",as discussed before,fantastic idea
Big ups to you & Canbrace for the concept
Come on guys,spread the word!!!!

Brian d marge
17th March 2007, 14:41
What sort / type of spares can you offer us Stephen ?????:woohoo:

Well the parts for those are quite cheap on Yahoo auctions. Dont mind picking up things like radiators ,,etc ..when it starts to get over 2 kg the shipping skyrockets

But I assume that crash damage would be the way ..all those bits that break in a fall

Big stuff such as wheels ( i have a set of forks here ,, require a bit of cunning to get back there ,,,can be done ,,,anyone ship cars back???? )

Also Knowledge. ..you never know what happens if you ask ....

Put together a strong package with clear goals and focus . and we can go from there

Stephen

babyB
17th March 2007, 17:41
wow.. what an offer...
lets hope the young PERSON who finaly steps up deserves this chance ..

good on yer !!!!!

luke would be a good contender... in 2-3 years time...:innocent:
um why not give him the chance now dad! ya know hes got tje portental & attatude to do it. ..... he just wont be able to sleep da bike lol
(excuse the spellin sorry)

Nicksta
17th March 2007, 18:39
wow this is an awesome opportunity.....

continuing on AJ's comment... does "person" mean you would look at a chick who is mad keen on racing too?

bugjuice
17th March 2007, 18:44
I'm keen as a bean.. F3 was where I was lookin to make a start

Spyke
17th March 2007, 18:46
man that would be awsome, i'm hoping one day to get into racing bigger bikes.

at the moment i have just bought myself my first bike a honda ct 125 bucket. only problem dad won't let me ride it down our quiet street grrrr.

Monorail
17th March 2007, 19:42
try rg100! im pretty sure he'd be keen

Daffyd
17th March 2007, 19:50
Jeez, I wish I was 50 years younger.

roadracingoldfart
17th March 2007, 22:57
Thanks for all the positive comments and reccomendations for the chance on offer here.
The really sad news is that of the 300 odd views of this thread only 7 people have sent me an email so far to ask to be in the hat.
For fucks sake if thats all that responds to an offer like this its a bloody sad guage of the desire to race a bike in this country isnt it ?????
Come on folks Male or Female dont matter to me but i need names to join the 3 girls and 4 guys so far asking.
The email addy is still listed on the opening post so use it please. There is no official criteria needing to be met to enter for this offer.

Stay safe and take care.
Cheers all Paul.

Hans
17th March 2007, 23:02
haha, cheers Ryan.

But im fortunant enough to have a bike now.

So best i leave the door open for other young fellas without a bike, or without a race bike.

Great idea paul, i'm really looking foward to seeing a young rider being given a great opportunity like this

He's a good man, he is.

roadracingoldfart
18th March 2007, 09:00
OMG the Glenn (RG100) fan club is building momentum so look out people lol.

PS; Its not just open to YOUNG FELLA'S so start to apply folks.

I recon i have about 7 months to select and finalise a rider so delays now will stuff it for everybody.
Get a number in the cue and lets make this offer what it is, a chance for someone to fullfill a desire / dream thats not normally offered to such a large gene pool.
Cheers Paul.

Grub
18th March 2007, 10:24
The really sad news is that of the 300 odd views of this thread only 7 people have sent me an email so far to ask to be in the hat.

I would go for Quality over Quantity any day. You were looking for 'keen', ther I believe you have those who are genuinely keen.

Whether they have the x factor is obviously yet to be determined.

Macktheknife
18th March 2007, 11:55
Paul you are a star!
What a great opportunity for someone to race with a sponsor and bike taken care of.
I don't qualify for the offer as I am old fat and slow but I wish the lucky person all the best, and many good things to you and the sponsor.
Mack

Buddha#81
18th March 2007, 21:14
Thanks for all the positive comments and reccomendations for the chance on offer here.
For fucks sake if thats all that responds to an offer like this its a bloody sad guage of the desire to race a bike in this country isnt it ?????
Come on folks Male or Female dont matter to me but i need names to join the 3 girls and 4 guys so far asking.
The email addy is still listed on the opening post so use it please. There is no official criteria needing to be met to enter for this offer.

Stay safe and take care.
Cheers all Paul.

Will it have to be someone that will race it at lower North Island event or are you open to it going anywhere in NZ as long as it to the right rider? Why I ask is there are some very good young riders(and some older broke bucket racers) down in the South Island who would be tripping over themselfs to have a opportunity like this.

hurricane_r
19th March 2007, 11:02
brings tears to my eyes watching this thread, really does .....

HDTboy
19th March 2007, 23:32
While I've looked at this thread, and believe it's an outstanding offer, I feel that I'd be better off leaving it to someone else. Maybe that explains the lack of e-mails compared to views

bugjuice
19th March 2007, 23:46
While I've looked at this thread, and believe it's an outstanding offer, I feel that I'd be better off leaving it to someone else.
like me?

HDTboy
19th March 2007, 23:51
Yes. You and one other who I told about it.

bugjuice
19th March 2007, 23:55
nah, we won't go there.. :bleh:

GO BUGGY!!!!!!

roadracingoldfart
20th March 2007, 07:26
Hello to you all...
Thanks for all the responses to this thread so far its good to see some keen guys and girls asking for a chance.
I have nominated this coming Friday 23rd March as the final day to email me about this offer so if you havnt yet sent one and want to you better get ya ass into gear.
I have 13 replies so far so i hope that is lucky for someone lol :gob: .
There is as always a couple of stand out applicants so far but if you do want to apply i havent yet decided so dont consider it to be a done deal already and sit on your hands everyone has the same chance to win.

Cheers for now Paul.

bistard
20th March 2007, 07:59
Well the parts for those are quite cheap on Yahoo auctions. Dont mind picking up things like radiators ,,etc ..when it starts to get over 2 kg the shipping skyrockets

But I assume that crash damage would be the way ..all those bits that break in a fall

Big stuff such as wheels ( i have a set of forks here ,, require a bit of cunning to get back there ,,,can be done ,,,anyone ship cars back???? )

Also Knowledge. ..you never know what happens if you ask ....

Put together a strong package with clear goals and focus . and we can go from there

Stephen

Hey Stephen,we bring cars back here on a regular basis,would have to check where they leave from,let me know if I can help
What sort of bits can you get for ZXR400s,this could come in handy??
Bistard

aff-man
20th March 2007, 10:18
Shit this is exactly what i'm looking for.

Just started getting into track days and am probably going to get into f3 racing towards the end of the year ( go BENT SPANNER RACING).

Unfortunatly i'm going to be overseas between the end of june and the end of september (well hopefully anyway)

So if that doesn't absolutly squash my chances please put my name in the hat. I maynot be the fastest rider out there but I certainly try hard enough:yes:

Brian d marge
20th March 2007, 11:39
Hey Stephen,we bring cars back here on a regular basis,would have to check where they leave from,let me know if I can help
What sort of bits can you get for ZXR400s,this could come in handy??
Bistard

Done and Dusted , As Shipping is a killer , where do the cars leave from?? Osaka?

Stephen

White trash
20th March 2007, 16:24

Stay safe and take care.
Cheers all Paul.
For myself, I thought of entering the competition but I believe at 31, there's more deserving young talent around who need the leg up far more than me.

I wouldn't take a lack of applicants personally mate, I think what you're doing is exactly what the sport needs. Good on ya.

Joni
20th March 2007, 16:38
Shit WT, I would think you would be an ideal candidate... you have soooo much talent!!! I would think its about giving a talented rider a break into racing so he can achieve something...I would be sad if someone discounted you just because you were in your 30's....

Your call 100%... but my opinion would be.... go for it! After seeing you at Puke the other day... its pretty obvious you belong on the track!

:sunny:

White trash
21st March 2007, 17:11
OK. On the recomendation of a few close friends, I've changed my oppinion and sent through my application.

Thanks again for the opportunity Paul.

aff-man
21st March 2007, 20:40
OK. On the recomendation of a few close friends, I've changed my oppinion and sent through my application.

Thanks again for the opportunity Paul.

Bastard... and here I thought I had a shot... Good on ya. I'll be in f3 at the end of the year one way or another....

White trash
21st March 2007, 21:04
Not neccesarily young fella. Different sponsors look for different goals and atributes.

What suits one team wont suit another. Hence the brilliance of advertising a spot on the biggest forumNZ has to offer. You get a diverse range of applicants.

aff-man
21st March 2007, 22:40
Not neccesarily young fella. Different sponsors look for different goals and atributes.

What suits one team wont suit another. Hence the brilliance of advertising a spot on the biggest forumNZ has to offer. You get a diverse range of applicants.

True.... Seems to be a few skinny fella's though so maybe not so diverse....

DMNTD
22nd March 2007, 06:18
True.... Seems to be a few skinny fella's though so maybe not so diverse....
....not all skinny mate,although I am down to a stealthy 97kgs
I've thrown my name in too :scooter:

aff-man
22nd March 2007, 10:45

What... like an elephant in the fridge.. pure stealth mate.. Looks like next season is gonna have a few more F3 racers in it aye...

Macktheknife
22nd March 2007, 17:12

Good onya Chris, go for it, best of luck go to those with the skills for this. I will watch and support.

scracha
22nd March 2007, 17:52

It's meant for skinny skint yoofs, not fat rich capitalists who own litre bikes :third:

petesmeats
22nd March 2007, 21:09
If only i didn't have to spend the majority of my time bloody studying... and the rest of my time bloody working... I would be there in a shot. I am yet to get to a track but will be looking at doing track days every now and then this year... Great idea though. I like seeing stuff like this happening.

Indiana_Jones
23rd March 2007, 09:02
If I were in Wellywood I would seriously consider.

I donno if I'd be a top end finisher, but I like to talk and might be good at the promoting side of a sponser lol

-Indy

Momentum
23rd March 2007, 19:15
I would be really keen to give f3 a go

at the mo i am riding my cbr 250 rr in street stock and at the back end of f3

I was planning on doing all the vic club rounds

pm sent

roadracingoldfart
23rd March 2007, 20:50
The time has come .......... The door is closing .

Yes any further applicants must have their emails in my inbox by tomorrow (SAT 24th ) morning to be in.

I have been knocked by some (but i wont name them here ) as being a grandstander , friend buyer , and general tosser that cant ride myself for making this offer but to all the people that feel that way ill say this....

Stop hiding behind a friggen nickname out of your need to remain a coward

Come out of the closet and dare to say it to my face and to the face of the 20 odd applicants

Ohh and go and get fucked :angry:

And your entitled to your own opinion :bye:

Everyone that has applied has the potential to win here so keep keen and i will be in touch with you all again real soon with further details.
I wish to take the chance to thank the Kiwi Biker forum Owners (whoever you are ) for the chance to broadcast this offer to such a concentrated targeted group of people.
I want to again thank Canbrace for the support they have given me and to the dedication to a sport they have nothing to do with in a buisness sense but they have seen the passion i have and want to make it a reality for someone else, good on ya guys.

Cheers to all of you and stay safe.
TEAM CANBRACE
Paul & Dianne.

Ivan
23rd March 2007, 22:30
Thats not cool people,

Paul can ride I have seen him ride and he si good and I think we need more guys like this doing this especially with a sponser backing the bike and rider and team thats excellent,

I reckon its a great Idea Paul and I hope you and your chosen rider do well in this season,

GO THE MIGHTY HONDA

aff-man
23rd March 2007, 23:40
It's a great opportunity you're offering and people shouldn't make fun or insult it...

Brian d marge
24th March 2007, 02:07
Totally agree its an awesome offer , Hence my post ( and people that know me know I am as poor as a church mouse ,, but its such a good offer I want to help ,,,)

Stephen

If I was young again I would be following u round tugging on you coat tails ...mister can I ride your bike ..please mister ..mister ,,go on ,,, please mister ... I can ride ,,,

DEATH_INC.
24th March 2007, 06:55
Post up their names so we can all give 'em some of the abuse they deserve.....
Good on ya for this.
I'm not gonna apply either, at nearly 40 and a 'stealthy' 100 odd kg I think it'd be a waste of an oppertunity too, and there's no way I could do justice to this awesome offer.
Dunno who else has applied, but Trash has some awesome talent, and Momentum is gonna go places too once he moves up, and Niksta is an ovious choice too ( hot chick on a bike, a sponsers dream, and not lacking in riding talent either.)
Someone is gonna be really happy.

babyB
25th March 2007, 00:04
The time has come ..........
I have been knocked by some (but i wont name them here ) as being a grandstander , friend buyer , and general tosser that cant ride myself for making this offer but to all the people that feel that way ill say this....

I want to again thank Canbrace for the support they have given me and to the dedication to a sport they have nothing to do with in a buisness sense but they have seen the passion i have and want to make it a reality for someone else, good on ya guys.

Cheers to all of you and stay safe.
TEAM CANBRACE
Paul & Dianne.
this is a wonderful opertunity you guys have created, my hat goes off to ya. respect ppl:yes:

ajturbo
25th March 2007, 09:14
Thats not cool people,

Paul can ride I have seen him ride and he si good and I think we need more guys like this doing this especially with a sponser backing the bike and rider and team thats excellent,

I reckon its a great Idea Paul and I hope you and your chosen rider do well in this season,

GO THE MIGHTY HONDA

OH frig... it a honda!! :spanking: .. pull my name please paul....:dodge: :killingme:killingme

Nicksta
25th March 2007, 18:26

Stop hiding behind a friggen nickname out of your need to remain a coward

Come out of the closet and dare to say it to my face and to the face of the 20 odd applicants

Ohh and go and get fucked :angry:

And your entitled to your own opinion :bye:

Wow... i cant believe people have knocked this....
You are offering an awesome opportunity that normally isant available to most.
We will support you and whom ever is the deserving rider in this venture.
(and i'll kick the butt of those who oppose this:yes: )

CM2005
25th March 2007, 18:30
sad too see some wankers out there, in our own motorcycling community.

Ivan
26th March 2007, 19:29
So when do us who are keen to find out who won this find out?

Brett
26th March 2007, 19:44
Screw the bastards with a bad atitude, you are offering a bloody unique experience. I would have put my name into the hat if a) I had seen this before Friday, and b) If i thought I would have had time. I will be looking for an F3 bike for the next season I reckon. Good luck to who ever gets the chance, make everyone proud! (no pressure now...):yes:

aff-man
26th March 2007, 20:00
Screw the bastards with a bad atitude, you are offering a bloody unique experience. I would have put my name into the hat if a) I had seen this before Friday, and b) If i thought I would have had time. I will be looking for an F3 bike for the next season I reckon. Good luck to who ever gets the chance, make everyone proud! (no pressure now...):yes:

this is for next season.....