PDA

View Full Version : Members Offering to test ride

gamgee
16th March 2007, 16:25
thought this would be a good idea with the growing popularity of buying bikes through trademe, basically if your keen to go and test ride the odd bike for members who can't, post some details and your location, for me

I'm in Dunedin
and am experienced enough to thoroughly test ride anything up to 600cc, can check basic things like brake operation, check for funny noises, tread on tyres, chain condition, and other more feel oriented operation, like how the gearbox feels

Grub
16th March 2007, 18:06
Yup, you'll see often somebody asks for help. There's one for Wanganui today. I reckon that's one of the great benefits of KB

Deviant Esq
16th March 2007, 23:43
There's one for Wanganui today.

That would be me. :niceone: Hopefully it can get checked out... and a bit of a test ride for any telltale signs of something needing doing. Course, there'll be a favour owed to the person doing the checking out for me, too...

I'd be happy to check a bike out in Christchurch if someone needed it doing, but at the moment I don't have my full licence, so if I was to test ride it naturally it'd have to be 250cc or under. Not an expert with mechanical things, but I can spot the basics.