PDA

View Full Version : what are the RS125 ongoing maintance costs

chimpa
17th March 2007, 06:38
hey guys, first of all i can't thank you guys enough for giving me so much infomation from all your experiences.

now as you can see it's my first post and probally a silly question that alot have asked. but i am about to buy the all mighty sexy beautiful ringa dinga RS125, i've done as much reading as i could and asked the shops them selves but dealers never really give clear answers haha they just wanna sell the damn thing.

now according to many threads already on here, it needs a rebuild around 18,000km's ?? what is the rough cost of that for these rs125's and with this bike being brand it comes with factory 2 year warrenty, that wouldn't cover it at all would it ? haha coz it says unlimited k's factory warranty.

and apart from that what other maintance and hidden costs will there be for taming this horric monster ?

again thanks in advance for any help ~~~~~~~~:yes:

roadracingoldfart
17th March 2007, 06:54
Two strokes do blow so be prepared to buy pistons etc but if you ride easy and dont thrash it it will last for ages.

chimpa
17th March 2007, 07:00
well, catch 22 isn't it lol. it bogs below 6k, so ride it between 6-8 ? rofl and i thought these aprilias needs to be thrashed else they start crying in a corner :D (either that or i'd get the brand new never seen before new shape new style 2007GPX NINJA! if i were to ride something easy :D)

and while we're on the subject of riding it hard and easy, what are YOUR opions on these brand spanking new engines. half say ride it slow untill 1000km's then give it some. other half says straight up ring the shit out of it to let the seals sit.

now for planes i know they redline it for 100 hours. but then that's leaded and redlines at 2500rpm haha.

thanks again ~

Shaun
17th March 2007, 08:58
hey guys, first of all i can't thank you guys enough for giving me so much infomation from all your experiences.

now as you can see it's my first post and probally a silly question that alot have asked. but i am about to buy the all mighty sexy beautiful ringa dinga RS125, i've done as much reading as i could and asked the shops them selves but dealers never really give clear answers haha they just wanna sell the damn thing.

now according to many threads already on here, it needs a rebuild around 18,000km's ?? what is the rough cost of that for these rs125's and with this bike being brand it comes with factory 2 year warrenty, that wouldn't cover it at all would it ? haha coz it says unlimited k's factory warranty.

and apart from that what other maintance and hidden costs will there be for taming this horric monster ?

again thanks in advance for any help ~~~~~~~~:yes:

Contact Ivon and or Kiri through the Racing forum on here, they will tell you all you need to know. good luck with your racing

F5 Dave
19th March 2007, 17:00
He means Aprilia RS125 road bike not Honda RS125. Had me going for a little while too.

Ivan
19th March 2007, 17:26
hey mate I dont know about these Aprilias but I know about about running 2 smokes in.

I say when you get it warm it up to operating temperature a few timesjust to set everything in and then go easyon it for a while you shouldnt rev it on the first start up because if it is oil pump the oil pump wont be on in that initial start and you rev it and you wont have oil not nice really in the end.

Then just ride it and if you road riding you wont need to thrash it take it easy in the end we will hear how well you enjoy this bike and not I crashed it or I blew it up

But if it was the race track go for it

chimpa
20th March 2007, 13:17
ahh ok ~ that makes sence. and yes sorry guys i meant the aprilia RS125 and not the honda racing rs. thanks

Ivan
20th March 2007, 20:37
ANDREFER TO THE OWNERS MANUAL FOR RUN IN PROCEDURE AS THAT WILL TELL YOU THE CORRECT WAY and wont void a warranty

Shaun
20th March 2007, 20:55
ANDREFER TO THE OWNERS MANUAL FOR RUN IN PROCEDURE AS THAT WILL TELL YOU THE CORRECT WAY and wont void a warranty

You think to much