PDA

View Full Version : Starship Medical types...

ManDownUnder
17th March 2007, 14:21
Can you guys/gals text me 021 890 126? Medical types only - well wishers, add to this thread - I'll print and deliver

SARGE's boy is in there, SARGE is on deck and keen to cross paths with medical types. Not fatal, far from it, but he might be there a day or three.

Friends and family will know how to contact him already, Speedie, Riff Raff - PM about to be sent.

MDU

onearmedbandit
17th March 2007, 14:41
Hope everything is alright Sarge. He's in good hands, pretty good team at Starship from what I understand.

crashe
17th March 2007, 18:25
SARGE - All the very best for your young son...

He is in the very best place for help.

Anything ya need, contact me.
MDU has my number.

:grouphug:

PS: My grandbaby was in there last year for her kidneys.
She had a operation to fix both her kidneys.
The staff were wonderful and very understanding.

marty
17th March 2007, 18:56
my son spent a month on there a few years ago, after an awkward fall from his bike ruptured his kidney. they would have taken it out - it was split in 3 - however when he was 1 he had a kidney out after it developed into a tumor, so he had to go onto dialysis until it started working by itself

the staff at starship were outstanding - child focussed, motivated and helpful. perents still need to be advocates for thier child's care, but on the whole, from a family of health and EMS professionals, we couldn't fault them.

good luck and all the best Sarge.

TonyB
17th March 2007, 19:02
My thoughts are with you Sarge. Hope it all goes well.

Kittyhawk
18th March 2007, 10:58
Awesome crew at Starship from what I've been told...am thinking of you both......keep smiling.

Macktheknife
18th March 2007, 11:27
Sarge, all the best to you and your boy, let me know if I can help
Mack

Swoop
18th March 2007, 17:11
Hey Sarge. I hope everything's OK.
If I can be of any help whatsoever, please yell out.

ManDownUnder
19th March 2007, 09:40
... bump...

Lissa
19th March 2007, 10:26
Oh Sarge... Sorry to hear about this. Am thinking about you and your son. Will Txt/Pm you!

Beemer
19th March 2007, 10:34
The Shelby at our place (kitten, not boy!) sends his best, Sarge. Here's hoping his stay at Starship will be a short and painless one and he'll be out and on the mend in no time. We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed that he's home safe and sound soon.

Scorpygirl
19th March 2007, 16:46
I am not a medical type but volunteer every Wednesday night at Radio Lollipop in Starship Hospital. As others have said it a wonderful hospital and the kids really do get the best of care. Sarge if your boy is still in Starship, get him to check out or look out for the volunteers up on his wards from Radio Lollipop from 6 - 8 pm in the evening - they are sure to bring a smile to his dial.

All the best for his speedy recovery.

Squeak the Rat
19th March 2007, 17:22
I'm not a quack, but best wishes Sarge - I hope everything turns out ok.