PDA

View Full Version : CBR400 Parklight/Wedge Bulb

Craig11
17th March 2007, 16:32
Ive got a holder for the parklight of a cbr400 that takes a 5W wedge bulb. It appears that the only size wedge bulb with a 5mm base is now a 1.2W (which is way to dim for a parklight. Supercheap, repco, botany honda and east city motorcycles all had nothing that could help me out.
So what i am looking for would either be somewhere that i can buy a bulb or a replacement holder that will now take the 5W 10mm base wedge bulb that is sold in stores.

motoGP
17th March 2007, 19:05
Buy my Hyosung? :yes:

It's a farily long shot, but have you tried trademe.

How's the wee beastie coming along? Have you got the farings on yet etc?

deathstar
17th March 2007, 19:23
come into red baron on monday if its the one i think your on about we have a bag of the 3w wedge style parking bulbs in stock

Disco Dan
17th March 2007, 19:33
Ive got a holder for the parklight of a cbr400 that takes a 5W wedge bulb. It appears that the only size wedge bulb with a 5mm base is now a 1.2W (which is way to dim for a parklight. Supercheap, repco, botany honda and east city motorcycles all had nothing that could help me out.
So what i am looking for would either be somewhere that i can buy a bulb or a replacement holder that will now take the 5W 10mm base wedge bulb that is sold in stores.

I think they may have recently changed this.. I use the same bulb size in my instrument cluster, and bought a complete spare set when I bought the bike (to keep one under the seat).

If you can find somewhere that has them in stock (ie RB) then buy a few... ...assuming they are at a decent price. :innocent:

Craig11
18th March 2007, 15:39
come into red baron on monday if its the one i think your on about we have a bag of the 3w wedge style parking bulbs in stock

Cheers Guesss i will be coming to RB on monday then :)

surfer
26th March 2007, 16:07
Cheers Guesss i will be coming to RB on monday then :)

If you can't find one try the Lamp Shop on the North shore, they supply to a lot of the retail outlets and still carry some bulbs for bikes. Cheaper prices too.