PDA

View Full Version : *crash, bang, wallop* and SAWCY is no more :(

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 17:19
Well, I had my first off today - and what a good un' it was.....bike's most likely written off :(

Went into a right hand corner too fast for the wet road (I was going from an 80 into a 50 round the back of Trentham Army camp and think I applied too much brake too late....). Hit the kerb on my left, bike ran onto the wide grass verge and at the same time slid onto its side.

Was halfway off the bike as it fell cos didn't want to end up dragged along under it. I slid and rolled a few times and we both came to an undignified stop a wee way along...

Picked poorly bike up, hoping that it might be rideable - alas, no :bye:

Photos will follow, but basically the speedo is smashed to buggery, the front mud guard is bent right against the front tyre, the front forks are bent, the gear lever is knackered, both left hand indicators are rooted. That's it for the major stuff but there's a hundred other bits and pieces wrong :(

No major injuries (other than a REALLY sore right boob! :rofl: Oh, and right shoulder is sore, and my neck too). I thank my lucky stars that I came off onto grass (albeit hard grass cos of lack of rain recently), rather than onto the road. I'm also thankful that it was a right hand corner with a verge next to it, rather than a left hand corner with a wide expanse of road for me to slide along. Or, god forbid, a right hand corner up the Rimutakas!

So....this is what a bin feels like.....hmmm, might try to avoid another one of those in the future!

Highlander
17th March 2007, 17:25
Not good.

Good thing Your damage is supeficial by the sounds of it.

Always sad to see a crumpled mess that used to be your pride an joy. All said and done it is only money. The things you can't put a price on are ok (doesn't help much though I know).

Edbear
17th March 2007, 17:27
Ouch! Commiserations! Glad you're okay, but guess you're not feeling quite so sawcy at the mo!

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 17:29
Ouch! Commiserations! Glad you're okay, but guess you're not feeling quite so sawcy at the mo!

LOL, no. And hubby just got back from 2 and a half weeks overseas....damn!!!!!

apteryx_haasti
17th March 2007, 17:29
AH Jude.

Take care of yourself. Feet up and hubby to cook the tea tonight, eh?

Let me know if you need anything.

A_H

Edbear
17th March 2007, 17:31
And hubby just got back from 2 and a half weeks overseas....

Well, you probably won't be wanting to go out riding for a little while anyway...:innocent:

u4ea
17th March 2007, 17:37
bad luck!!!!!hope it doesnt take too long to get your bike fixed and yourself in one peice again!!oh and what edbear said hehehe

Blondini
17th March 2007, 17:42
Glad you are relatively OK:yes: :shit:

Donor
17th March 2007, 17:44
As the saying goes, machines are easier to fix or replace then people.

Glad to hear you are okay.

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 17:48
Glad you are relatively OK:yes: :shit:

Ah, I'm fine really, considering how bad it could be.

I'm gutted about the bike tho. I know I'd said I was totally OVER the ginny, but she was mine and I did look after her (and I'd only had the damned plate on for 2 days!!!!!). And she was the only way I had to get out on 2 wheels...so now I'm bikeless until the insurance gets sorted out :(

I really hope I am covered for an accident not involving anyone else. I mean, it was sheer stupidity (well, and a wet road and factory GN tyres...*sigh* should've got them changed like everyone said to).

Ah well, we'll see on Monday what they say.

Might get an upgrade out of it, depending on how much they write her off for.....it'd be silly to replace a ginny with a ginny.....

Nasty
17th March 2007, 17:54
Babe this is not is not good news ... I am glad that you fell off in a good manner .. pity about your boob ... I hate that at the best of times ... let the man pamper ya and make you feel all better... let the insurance take care of the rest ... and buy a virago next time ;)

far queue
17th March 2007, 18:04
Commiserations on the passing of a loved one, but at least you're OK.

kneescraper
17th March 2007, 18:13
Dam, bad luck eh. I bet the drop the other day doesnt seem so bad now. Least you have the excuse to get a new bike :)

bell
17th March 2007, 18:53
Oooooh, the dreaded sore right boob....my wife knows how that feels after taking a tumble on my old bike during a "let's learn to ride the bike that's probably a bit too tall for me" session. Over the front she went and collected a breast on the mirror on her way through. No, I won't post the pics for all to see!

Sorry to hear of your get-off Jude. Hoping your recovery is speedy.

If you elect to stay on 250 then I'm sure you'll find heaps to choose from.

Any of these look like you?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=92017244&key=1106000
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=91396542&key=1107741

iwilde
17th March 2007, 18:58
No major injuries (other than a REALLY sore right boob! :rofl: Oh, and right shoulder is sore, and my neck too).

I'm sure their will be plenty of offers to massage your sore parts? I would, but I might wake up casturated!

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 19:01
I'm sure their will be plenty of offers to massage your sore parts? I would, but I might wake up casturated!

Let me tell you, NOBODY is going anywhere near said injured part, not hubby, not me, not nobody! Waaaay to sore!

Thanks for the offer tho ;)

Disco Dan
17th March 2007, 19:02
Sorry to hear about your boob... :yes: hope it gets better...

...and you of course! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Wheres the pics of the bike? Do you still have it? ...may wish to 'remove' bits if it's a write off? lots of people on GN's need spares... :innocent:

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 19:07
Sorry to hear about your boob... :yes: hope it gets better...

...and you of course! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Wheres the pics of the bike? Do you still have it? ...may wish to 'remove' bits if it's a write off? lots of people on GN's need spares... :innocent:

Yeah, I have pics. Just can't be bothered uploading them tonight. I will upload them tomorrow. Got to go fill out an accident report form at the Police station tomorrow too.....

We're hoping if the insurance company write it off, they'll let us buy the bike back for parts for hubby's ginny. Lord knows, his needs a bit of a do-up!

Mine was in such good condition before the bin that I'd be hard pushed to remove bits without it being obvious to the assessor that I've done so. However, if no assessor is sent out.......

The bloody engine's only done just short of 9,000k's. Gutted. Totally gutted.

Disco Dan
17th March 2007, 19:09
The bloody engine's only done just short of 9,000k's. Gutted. Totally gutted.

well if you have the bike...

SWAP THE ENGINE OVER.... :yes:

chanceyy
17th March 2007, 19:10
glad to hear your relatively ok there girl ..

bikes can be replaced .. ppl can't :yes:

crashe
17th March 2007, 19:12
Glad to hear you are ok.......

pm sent........:yes:

marty
17th March 2007, 19:20
bikes can be replaced .. ppl can't :yes:

helen clarke wouldn't be missed......

crashe
17th March 2007, 19:25
Have you got any ARNICA tablets or cream..
If so take them or apply to the sore part...
and that will help re: bruising.
If you have none, you can get them at the local supermarket.

Rest up and do take care.....
you will be very sore and achey tomorrow.
Have a hot soak in the bath as well....
put some lavender in the bath.....

Disco Dan
17th March 2007, 19:28
*runs the bath for you* :innocent:

Colapop
17th March 2007, 19:29
No hugs for you but a *gentle* pat on the shoulder in a non-sexual, I know your hubby is home kinda way!

Here's hoping the Ginny gets totally written off and you get a nice big cheque to go see the shop with...

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 19:30
*runs the bath for you* :innocent:

Aw, you're a honey! Thank you :love:

Am actually too sore to even contemplate a bath and am going to take myself off to bed, with Arnica cream and Lavender wheat bag!

Here's hoping I can avoid rolling over onto my right side in my sleep!!!!!

Daffyd
17th March 2007, 19:35
Sorry to see about your 'off'. Look after yourself. Get checked out.
And replace the Ginny with a Virago.

judecatmad
17th March 2007, 19:40
No hugs for you but a *gentle* pat on the shoulder in a non-sexual, I know your hubby is home kinda way!

Here's hoping the Ginny gets totally written off and you get a nice big cheque to go see the shop with...

LOL, regardless of whether hubby were home or not, I would hope that all pats applied to any part of the body would be non-sexual in nature! ;) Oh, and not the right shoulder please cos that's sore too!

Yeah, it's sad but that really would be the best outcome of all. Written off so I can look at upgrading.

Would rather have upgraded another way tho..!!!!!

crashe
17th March 2007, 19:45
And replace the Ginny with a Virago.

Now I will have to second this idea as well......
Not that I am biased towards VIRAGO's :love: or nothing :whistle:

iwilde
17th March 2007, 20:09
Let me tell you, NOBODY is going anywhere near said injured part, not hubby, not me, not nobody! Waaaay to sore!

Thanks for the offer tho ;)

No offer from me sorry! (shit scared of my 5'2" wife!)

Colapop
17th March 2007, 20:29
...I would hope that all pats applied to any part of the body would be non-sexual in nature...
They all are! That fella of yours better be looking after you...

Trudes
17th March 2007, 21:12
Oh Jude that sucks, I'm so sorry to hear about your little gem being deaded, but I'm very glad that you are ok and the boob should make a full recovery!! Chin up babe, and hopefully a new bikey should bless your garage soon!!:sunny:

elle-f
17th March 2007, 21:41
JUDE OMFG i cant leave you alone for ONE WEEK without things happening.......and as for the insurance - you might be surprised at how much your little ginny is worth being a 250 and all - AND when they have assessed and written off - as them if you can buy it back. the worst they can do is say no.

I am sorry to hear of your tumble but absolutely glad that you are ok....ish.

NOW, what you need is a Yamaha Radian600 1986. That'll do the trick! not mine though because my shield is priceless!

HUGS to you and your gorgeous cats and a wave to that guy of yours

Wasp
17th March 2007, 21:50
oh no Jude :(

im guessing that I didnt tell you how i had my off then :(

glad to hear your ok

sels1
17th March 2007, 22:23
Might get an upgrade out of it, depending on how much they write her off for.....it'd be silly to replace a ginny with a ginny.....

Sorry to hear about the off JCM, but look at the bright side....bike shopping!

rwh
17th March 2007, 23:58
Well, I had my first off today - and what a good un' it was.....bike's most likely written off :(

Bugger - sorry to hear about that :(

No major injuries (other than a REALLY sore right boob! :rofl: Oh, and right shoulder is sore, and my neck too).

I hope you're going to get at least the neck checked out by the doctor - so if it plays up in the future you can point to your records and claim ACC.

Richard

gijoe1313
18th March 2007, 00:05
Crikey! :gob: Glad to hear that you have all your personal bits attached albeit sore... as others have said, it's much easier to fix boo-boos to a bike! Just remember, when you get your new ride - go back to said corner and ride on through! :scooter:

Sorry to hear about the premature demise of your ride - the flip side is that there's another bike out there that needs a good owner like you to find them! :yes:

Ride on (safely!)

yungatart
18th March 2007, 08:36
Sorry to hear of your off! You have now joined that exclusive club that no one ever wants to join - but you are in esteemed company, of course!
Take it easy for a few days, huh? And then go bike shopping!

MSTRS
18th March 2007, 09:44
Ah, what a bugger. Sorry to hear that you've joined the ranks of 'I binned"...
Push for bike to be written off, then buy it back via a slightly reduced payout (usually around $100). Then you can sell part s off and make a 'profit'.
BTW I'm surprised that there's been no offers to kiss the sore bits better:innocent:

judecatmad
18th March 2007, 10:01
Ah, what a bugger. Sorry to hear that you've joined the ranks of 'I binned"...
Push for bike to be written off, then buy it back via a slightly reduced payout (usually around $100). Then you can sell part s off and make a 'profit'.
BTW I'm surprised that there's been no offers to kiss the sore bits better:innocent:

LOL, no such luck I'm afraid - having said that, the sore bits are way too sore for even that! What a bugger....

Sweep (eldest boy cat) came for a cuddle this morning - he likes to snuggle really close when I'm lying in bed. He went to lie down in his normal spot (tucked right in under my outstretched right arm) and I pretty much hit the ceiling in pain!!! Poor lad had no idea what he'd done and was distraught cos he thought he was in trouble!! We swapped sides tho and all was well in Sweep's world after that!

I will be pushing for a write-off, yes. The parts, if we are able to buy the bike back, will mostly go onto Dave's ginny. His does need an overhaul really so I'm keeping everything crossed that it works out. I'd rather not have binned my bike, but now that I have, I may as well try to make the best of it!

I still feel a total idiot over what happened. I know accidents happen, but this was so totally avoidable. Too fast for the wet road (not too fast for the speed limit, but definitely for the wet road - especially since they were greasy cos of lack of rain recently), too little concentration so that by the time I saw the 50 sign I had to apply my brakes to get the speed down, too much brake applied going into a corner and too little 'looking ahead' so that I might be aware of the corner coming up.....basically, everything that Jim has taught me recently went out of the window on that stretch of road and I'm thoroughly pissed off with myself.

In fact, the only thing I did right was to force the bike up over the kerb and onto the grass and make sure I was pretty much off the bike by the time it was on its side and sliding.

Lissa
18th March 2007, 12:32
I'm really sorry to hear about your off Jude. :( I hope you are feeling ok... and you arent TOO sore. Have fun bike shopping... and umm dont come off again!! If you need anything just pm!!

bex
18th March 2007, 13:17
:Oi: nevermind your bloody bike or sore boob.....more importantly, where's my make-up??
LOL, only kidding Jude! :innocent: Bad luck about the off, Rich says "there you go! If it can happen to Jude it can happen to anyone!"
I hope you are feeling a bit better today...but I expect the bruising is only just starting to really show now!
Take care....:love:

Macktheknife
18th March 2007, 13:17
LOL, no such luck I'm afraid - having said that, the sore bits are way too sore for even that! What a bugger....

Sweep (eldest boy cat) came for a cuddle this morning - he likes to snuggle really close when I'm lying in bed. He went to lie down in his normal spot (tucked right in under my outstretched right arm) and I pretty much hit the ceiling in pain!!! Poor lad had no idea what he'd done and was distraught cos he thought he was in trouble!! We swapped sides tho and all was well in Sweep's world after that!

I will be pushing for a write-off, yes. The parts, if we are able to buy the bike back, will mostly go onto Dave's ginny. His does need an overhaul really so I'm keeping everything crossed that it works out. I'd rather not have binned my bike, but now that I have, I may as well try to make the best of it!

I still feel a total idiot over what happened. I know accidents happen, but this was so totally avoidable. Too fast for the wet road (not too fast for the speed limit, but definitely for the wet road - especially since they were greasy cos of lack of rain recently), too little concentration so that by the time I saw the 50 sign I had to apply my brakes to get the speed down, too much brake applied going into a corner and too little 'looking ahead' so that I might be aware of the corner coming up.....basically, everything that Jim has taught me recently went out of the window on that stretch of road and I'm thoroughly pissed off with myself.

In fact, the only thing I did right was to force the bike up over the kerb and onto the grass and make sure I was pretty much off the bike by the time it was on its side and sliding.

BUGGER! So sorry to hear this Jude, glad you are basically ok though. Please get your bits checked out by your doctor though just in case, and if they give you problems later you can get the ACC to pay.
Great to see you analysing the crash and learning the lessons of your mistakes, well done. It goes to show that the learning is all good but the practice of things really pays off in the 'oops' moments, practice needs to relate to what really happens.
Don't beat yourself up over the accident though, it had to happen sooner or later, just learn all you can from it and enjoy the new bike.
Hope you feel better soon,
Mack

ceebie13
18th March 2007, 13:33
Rich says "there you go! If it can happen to Jude it can happen to anyone!"

What I also said, Jude, was "Oh dear, sounds like she's made a right tit of herself!!"

Personally I just think you'll do anything to avoid coming out on a run with Lyn and me. This, however is a wee bit far. Still, maybe a few days off work while you peruse the new bike brochures that you've undoubtedly got already is in order!

Seriously though, when Lyn read your post out I froze. Really glad you are OK. Rest easy mate, ya daft wassack!!

Rich

fozz rock
18th March 2007, 13:46
Photos will follow,
No major injuries (other than a REALLY sore right boob! :rofl: Oh, and right shoulder is sore, and my neck too

sorry about the off but its good to hear your ok
now about the photos....
will it be just of the right boob or both of them??

judecatmad
18th March 2007, 15:26
:Oi: nevermind your bloody bike or sore boob.....more importantly, where's my make-up??

Hold your horses woman! It's due late this week!

Seriously though, when Lyn read your post out I froze. Really glad you are OK. Rest easy mate, ya daft wassack!!

I will do, and yeah, I should've let you know before I posted. Sorry about that :(

sorry about the off but its good to hear your ok
now about the photos....
will it be just of the right boob or both of them??

Those photos won't be free.....I can PM you my bank account details if needed! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

judecatmad
18th March 2007, 16:36
OK, photos.....

In the first one, on the surface of it, she looks OK. The second one is where we slid from and where we ended up. The rest are broken bike pics *sigh*

56479 56480 56481 56482 56483 56484

judecatmad
18th March 2007, 16:40
And a few more...

56485 56486

And here's 2 of the guys (George on the left, Bucket on the right) taking one last ride...

Scorpygirl
18th March 2007, 16:42
Sorry to hear about your off!!! Know how you feel. I am a bit sore at the moment too from a crash on Friday night. Write-up to come. Take care and all the best for you and the bike! :scooter:

MSTRS
18th March 2007, 17:57
Hey Jude - tis but minor flesh wounds. YT's EL was much worse. Still, it is gutting to have your pride and joy taking a little liedown.

pete376403
18th March 2007, 19:52
Very much doubt the insurance co would write the bike off for that - unless the frame is bent I'd say thats mainly cosmetic.

judecatmad
18th March 2007, 19:54
Hey Jude - tis but minor flesh wounds. YT's EL was much worse. Still, it is gutting to have your pride and joy taking a little liedown.

Yeah, I saw the damage to her bike - definitely a lot worse than mine for sure.

But for a $3k ginny, the insurance company is going to be hard pushed to sort out all those repairs without writing it off. Could be wrong but there's front forks that need sorting out (they're bent), front mud guard, new speedo, indicators, gear lever, headlight housing, clutch lever, dented tank....wouldn't imagine it'd be worth their time to repair all that, would it?

We shall see :yes: If not then great! I'd rather not have to spend the money upgrading just yet. But $1000-worth (plus labour) of repairs to such a cheap bike....?

Colapop
18th March 2007, 19:56
I was round that bit of road today. It's got a wee straight bit that I've decided I quite like!

As for you bike - you want I should come round and make sure that they will write it off?

riffer
18th March 2007, 20:08
Wow Jude!

You arsed off on the S bend on Alexander Road! I didn't think that was possible... you go easy on my test track there - we don't want any more riders hurting themselves on that bit of road. They have the slow down signs there for a reason.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

ceebie13
18th March 2007, 20:13
Looking at your pics, Jude, suggests ouch! ouch! and more ouch! Are those pants still wearable cos I remember you couldn't wait to get them off the other day (!) They did their job though aye! These last few weeks haven't really been your best have they?

Chin up an all that!

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 06:18
Wow Jude!

You arsed off on the S bend on Alexander Road! I didn't think that was possible... you go easy on my test track there - we don't want any more riders hurting themselves on that bit of road. They have the slow down signs there for a reason.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yeah, when I said it was sheer stupidity I wasn't actually joking.....! It's not even a proper corner! Normally it's quite a fun road to ride along, and pretty tame, which is why I went that way rather than Fergusson Drive (which is just an @rsehole of a way to go home).

Just total inattention so that by the time I realised the 50 zone was there, I put on way too much brake and there we go....instant custard!

Dave thinks it may have been possible to avoid coming off, even with the wheels locked and the bike sliding. But as nothing like that has ever happened before I just did the best that I could to try and get the best outcome for me (which was to hit the grass rolling). Was probably more I could have done to recover it, but I'm such a nanna that I've never had a fright like that before!

It's not a bad accident by any stretch of the imagination, but given that the insurance co is probably only going to value the bike at $2000 to $2500 at best, I'm not convinced they will be prepared to stump up for the repairs.

apteryx_haasti
19th March 2007, 07:29
Ah - bum to actually seeing the pictures of the mighty GN laid so low....

Good luck with the insurance claim and (again) let me know if you need anything.

Perhaps we should have a commemorative lunch this week?

James Deuce
19th March 2007, 08:01
Ah - bum to actually seeing the pictures of the mighty GN laid so low....

Good luck with the insurance claim and (again) let me know if you need anything.

Make that a restorative lunch and I'll join you.

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 08:05

Make that a restorative lunch and I'll join you.

Commemorative....restorative....so long as there's beer I think it's a jolly good idea :)

I'm not in work today so I can't be sure what's planned for this week. We'll sort it out tomorrow. Friday's always a good option tho.

elle-f
19th March 2007, 08:12
WHEW - i am glad the seat is ok for the cats :laugh:

and hell, i am glad you are ok after seeing those pix. That woulda been scary however, i know you are practical so get it sorted so you can join us again.

Have the most wonderful week chicky :)
Elle

Squeak the Rat
19th March 2007, 08:50
Man I have the weekend computerless to find half the site have been lying down on the job. Glad you're ok, i'll fit in an beer up here too....

apteryx_haasti
19th March 2007, 13:14
Commemorative....restorative....so long as there's beer I think it's a jolly good idea :)

Jude - when I'm at lunch when isn't there beer????

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 13:18
Jude - when I'm at lunch when isn't there beer????

The mood I'm in now, I could quite happily get trolleyed!! Don't think alcohol and diazepam are mutually inclusive tho are they?!

Beer is a good invention, and lunchtime beer is even better cos it makes the afternoon go so much faster!!

MSTRS
19th March 2007, 13:25
Someone said the word 'cosmetic'...I agree. Depends on how fussy you are about minor scratches and stuff? New tank if it's dented badly enough. Clean the dirt off the rest and give it a polish - you will be surprised. Forks are likely to be 'twisted' in the triple clamps, not bent. Loosen off the lower clamp on each forkleg, clamp the frontwheel between your legs, turn the handlebars until they are at rightangles to the wheel, tighten bottom clamp = fixed.

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 13:37
Someone said the word 'cosmetic'...I agree. Depends on how fussy you are about minor scratches and stuff? New tank if it's dented badly enough. Clean the dirt off the rest and give it a polish - you will be surprised. Forks are likely to be 'twisted' in the triple clamps, not bent. Loosen off the lower clamp on each forkleg, clamp the frontwheel between your legs, turn the handlebars until they are at rightangles to the wheel, tighten bottom clamp = fixed.

I do hope so, cos if not, it's my riding career over for a long time :( No bike shopping for me......the powers that be have decreed it so *sigh*

Not sure how long it will take to source headlight housing, gear lever, indicators and speedo 2nd hand tho - new parts are just too dear. We could hammer the front mud guard kind of back into shape I guess. But I'm gutted. She was in such good condition before.

The xs on the insurance policy will take up pretty much any payout we get I imagine.

Ah well, winter's on its way and I hate commuting in the winter (apart from those gorgeous, clear, crisp mornings when the sky's pink and blue and there's a light mist over the full length of the river....stunning riding on those mornings).

Ixion
19th March 2007, 13:52
I reckon all you need is one indicator and a speedo.And a bloke who's good at bashing the bajaysus out of stuff.

I concur with Ms Mistr - I'd be surprised if the fork staunchions were bent, you didn't hit hard enough for that.

The rear indicator looks OK, just the stem bent. Headlamp is pure cosmetic.Can't even see anything wrong with the mudguard, I'm sure just a few belts would sort that.

Handlebars, easy as to straighten. Ditto gear lever. You just need a BLOODY BIG HAMMER.

I think I may have an indicator that would suit , I'll have a look, Suzuki parts are fairly mix and match.

Then spend a lot of time with cutting compound and polish. You'll be surprised how it will clean up.

judecatmad
19th March 2007, 14:21
Can't even see anything wrong with the mudguard, I'm sure just a few belts would sort that.

Handlebars, easy as to straighten. Ditto gear lever. You just need a BLOODY BIG HAMMER.

The mudguard is flattened (I mean, flat as a pancake) up against the front tyre. Front tyre I will get replaced anyway cos it's the crappy factory one but it's what hit the kerb side-on so I'd not be too happy riding with it now I don't think.

Headlamp housing - I guess the bumps could be taken out of it - it;s hard to see in the photos, but there's a big ding at about 3 o'clock. It's sort of buckled outwards. And all the chrome has been scraped off the back of the housing. It's losing enough chrome as it is!!!

Can the gear lever be straightened from that sort of a bend - it's pretty munted...? I'm surprised. See, shows you how much of a noob I am....

Handlebars I'm not too fussed about - should be rideable even without too much straightening.

I've lost one of the pins that holds the front forks and the front wheel together which is why I think they've bent - the wheel has moved over to the left a fair bit and pushed the left fork outwards (if that makes any sense).

Hey, if she's repairable, then it's all good cos otherwise there is no more riding for JCM. And that will just make me like a bear with a sore head! Ask Colapop how morose I was about no riding while I was pregnant - all he did was ask where I'd been and he got this torrent of 'life's so crap! poor me!' :rofl:

Ooh, just found some new bruises too!!!

Lissa
19th March 2007, 14:27
Hmm maybe we should have a Chicks drinking session somewhere dedicated to your Ginny or just for the hell of it... guys welcome of course... Just wanted to add that Chicks bit in. Doesnt matter you dont have a bike.. just stick your number plate on the back of the car, and get some KB stickers for the back windscreen too babe. :)

Squeak the Rat
19th March 2007, 17:28
The mood I'm in now, I could quite happily get trolleyed!! Don't think alcohol and diazepam are mutually inclusive tho are they?!

Fun, but not a good idea. The mix can cause you to forget things. At a subconscious level. Like forgetting to breath.

Feel free to post some up though. :innocent:

apteryx_haasti
19th March 2007, 18:00
Say...I know someone who might have a 2006 GN for sale in the near future (like next month)...

One careful lady owner...coming up to 8500 kms.... (prob be closer to 10k when I, I mean she, is ready to sell...)

Hmmmm?

:innocent:

elle-f
20th March 2007, 05:41
Jude - you need to get your bike fixed.

Skunk
20th March 2007, 09:27
The mudguard is flattened...
Headlamp housing - I guess the bumps could be taken out of it...

Can the gear lever be straightened from that sort of a bend...
Handlebars I'm not too fussed about - should be rideable even without too much straightening...

I've lost one of the pins that holds the front forks and the front wheel together which is why I think they've bent - the wheel has moved over to the left a fair bit and pushed the left fork outwards (if that makes any sense).

Hey, if she's repairable, then it's all good
Here's an offer to help fix it if you decide to. I'm sure we can get it going first, then pretty it up later. I've fixed worst than that before.

James Deuce
20th March 2007, 09:39
Here's an offer to help fix it if you decide to. I'm sure we can get it going first, then pretty it up later. I've fixed worst than that before.

I'll bring the pressure washer. :devil2:

riffer
20th March 2007, 10:12

Yeah, I can help too. I have a gargre full of tools just around the corner from you in Wallaceville.

Trudes
20th March 2007, 10:17
You guys are awesome!! :niceone:
Go on Jude, fix the bike!! If you need a hand, let me know too (don't know what I can do, fetch beers or tell stupid jokes or something)

Skunk
20th March 2007, 10:36

Yeah, I can help too. I have a gargre full of tools just around the corner from you in Wallaceville.

If you need a hand, let me know too (don't know what I can do, fetch beers or tell stupid jokes or something)
No-one so far with skills? (p/t) I've got a hammer.

James Deuce
20th March 2007, 10:44
I've sussed the wiring loom on a GN. Is that a skill?

judecatmad
20th March 2007, 10:48

Hey guys, thank you so very much for your offers of help :)

We'll see how much the insurance company will offer by way of helping me out financially (if anything!), and I will most likely be back on here chasing you up for that help!

REALLY appreciate it guys - you're all awesome :D

PS. She goes btw, fired up first time! Good old ginny - hardy wee things! She's just battered and bruised and will be costly to pretty up - much like the rider!!!

Lias
20th March 2007, 15:39
My GN got written off for less damage and with ~1100km on the clock.

Terminated
20th March 2007, 22:21
JCM just caught up on the news here. Dang.

You take it easy, and I am sure things will work out fine.

Chin Up

Hawkeye
21st March 2007, 03:04
Bloody Hell Jude. I've just caught up with this thread. I wondered why I hadn't seen the bike in the parking spot for a couple of day's.
Good to hear that you are OK . As others have said, the rider being OK is more important. Bikes can be fixed. I hope everything works out with the IC. I'm sure the folks on here can get your bike back up and running. It will just have a few 'battle scars'.
Take it easy.

elle-f
21st March 2007, 06:05
OMG i rode into Wellington yesterday through rush hour traffic and i was sitting there behind cars and about 6 bikes went through the middle of the cars and i decided to go........took a while because i am a chicken about things like that- and it was great fun! i had to pull over a couple of times to let bikes past me though because i THINK i was going too slow although it felt fast to me HAHA

Have a great day Jude and behave.

Guitana
21st March 2007, 08:42
Hard luck Jude!!!
I know where theres an FZR1000 that you can buy keep the power on round those corners and it's got flash tyres that don't disappear when you're cornering in the wet!!!!!
Tell Jakey to cook his own eggs and put ya feet up!!! It happens to us all sooner or later just a matter of when!!
Get back on the beast asap and show it who's the boss!!!
You might want to invest in some decent tyres too!!!!

Guitana
21st March 2007, 08:45
I've sussed the wiring loom on a GN. Is that a skill?

More like a miracle!!!!

pete376403
21st March 2007, 15:15
Might be able to help out with the indicators as I bought a write of GS1000L and it included a pretty big box of bits. The previous owner also had a GN and there are some bits of that in there. Free to a good home.

McDuck
7th December 2007, 18:11
So wot happened?

Donor
7th December 2007, 18:29
So wot happened?

Dude... 9 month old thread - are you THAT bored?

McDuck
7th December 2007, 20:23
Yep. Also it says in here bike spot 'Nothing, broke it, no $$ for a new one'
Which is bad and i want to know if she is still bike-less...

James Deuce
7th December 2007, 21:20
Which is bad and i want to know if she is still bike-less...

Yes, and 8.5 months pregnant. There's a "bike" joke in there somewhere.....

McDuck
7th December 2007, 21:25
Yes, and 8.5 months pregnant. There's a "bike" joke in there somewhere.....

How the fuck did that happen

;)