PDA

View Full Version : RSVR Intake Mod

Sensei
17th March 2007, 21:50
Well have been looking for some more mods to do to my Aprilia but as it has all the normal things already done from satndard , suspension / brakes /wheels / carbonfibre etc , Motor mods where the way to go so have just brought a derestricted Air intake from the States . When you see the restricted one that is fitted to the 02/03 Aprilias its a wonder they can breath at all . Below is some pics of the differnce between to two Air intakes & not hard to see which one is the Open unit from the 99/01 RSV . Cost $69 US which to the door was $132 NZ so pretty cheap & here in 7days . Would have been 2/3 months from Italy if they had any & would have been $180 plus GST . Have tested it today & is very impressive right through out the whole rev range is heaps stronger from 4000-8000 rpm & pulls strongly right to 10,200 rpm . I'll pull it down & check my Shim this week & change the plugs then will get Steve to give my bike a retune up in Rotorua at the end of the month . 100mm pistons maybe next just waiting on price for them & porting for the heads , good for 15HP I hear .

wildpudding
19th March 2007, 18:09
Absolutly insane, never would of thought you would need extra power from one of those things!

Keep it up mate