PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to get into racing

Monorail
18th March 2007, 17:54
Hi guys,
I really love riding bikes and have been wanting to get into racing. Can anyone tell me how exactly to go about this, estimated costs etc etc. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

Ivan
18th March 2007, 18:12
Hey Mate,

You could race in buckets which race at Wellington, thats really cheap racing, 500 bucks for bike another couple of hundred for some good tires,

Or you could race 150 streetstock at Vic Club with a 150 streetstock bike eg RG150 KR or a 250 four stroke allow up to a grand for a bike

Then you need leathers, buy good ones cause if you crash you dont want shit
Buy a good helmet, for the same reason HJC are good
A set of gloves, These are important
And a good set of boots like Sidi for same reason

then you go racing

And then youl know what fun is

MOTOXXX
18th March 2007, 18:32
you will also need a back protector

st stock is a good way to get into racing

the vic club sponser a couple people a year to do it.

check out www.vicclub.co.nz

Monorail
18th March 2007, 18:36
i read somewhere with street stock you can just use your road bike with glass taped up and a few other things. Is this true and would you recommend it. If i can that will save me a bit of dosh. Thanks for the responses so far

Macktheknife
18th March 2007, 19:00
Or if you are serious about it and think you can handle the jandal, OR
You could read this thread,
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46109
A sponsored ride is up for grabs, almost no cost racing, just need the stones to do the job.
Good luck

Monorail
18th March 2007, 19:13
Or if you are serious about it and think you can handle the jandal, OR
You could read this thread,
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46109
A sponsored ride is up for grabs, almost no cost racing, just need the stones to do the job.
Good luck

i looked at that but because i dont have any racing experience under my belt i wasnt sure if i'd be qualified enough

Macktheknife
18th March 2007, 19:19
i looked at that but because i dont have any racing experience under my belt i wasnt sure if i'd be qualified enough

I don't know either but qualified isn't what he asked for, he wants to know who is keen to try.
Put your name forward and find out if you have what it takes, you can only get more info than you have now.

roadracingoldfart
20th March 2007, 22:17
He DID apply but i am waiting for him to clarify a few things for me .
If you are reading this Manfu id like you to get back to me with what i asked of you.
Nothing ventured then nothing gained mate.
Cheers Paul.

svs
21st March 2007, 11:16
and the vicclub sponsorship is specifically for people with NO track experience. We want to get people out there!

White trash
21st March 2007, 17:38
and the vicclub sponsorship is specifically for people with NO track experience. We want to get people out there!
Ummmm, I'm not very good. Do I qualify?

kiwifruit
21st March 2007, 17:45
Ummmm, I'm not very good. Do I qualify?

Well let me ask you this: shut up.