PDA

View Full Version : Saying hi.

Gasman
20th August 2004, 18:13
Hi there. Thought I'd check in and say hi. I'm "new" to riding, but for the second time round. Used to ride a Yamaha 650 twin, but that was years ago. This time I've got a F650GS Beemer, and love it. Can't wait to get out into the South Island countryside and enjoy the backroads again, especially the gravel! Might wait until the weather improves a bit though.

Rgards.

wari
20th August 2004, 18:18
HEy GAsman ... :spudwave:

toads
20th August 2004, 18:18
hi there, welcome along, we are also getting back into biking after a 20 year child rearing stint, there's quite a few of us older ones and lots of keen experienced bikers out there to help out the less experienced, all in all it's a great site to hang out in, I envy you those south island roads, one day... :niceone:

Blakamin
20th August 2004, 18:44
Heya Gasman :niceone:

Ms Piggy
20th August 2004, 19:01
Welcome along :niceone: You'll have lotsa fun on those roads. Hope to get down there in Feb to play a bit myself.

dangerous
20th August 2004, 19:35
Hello there GM from just up the road a little, damn right about the weather mind you this w/e may not be too bad :)

Blakamin
20th August 2004, 19:44
Welcome along :niceone: You'll have lotsa fun on those roads. Hope to get down there in Feb to play a bit myself.

Is that when the south island thaws out????? :confused:

mangell6
20th August 2004, 19:57
GasMan - Welcome, and why wait, practice now and you will be an expert by the time spring comes. You have the bike for the conditions.

riffer
20th August 2004, 20:37
Welcome Gasman,

there's a number of us here just getting back on bikes. I've been back on bikes nearly a year now, after 15 years away.

Hope you enjoy that beemer. Sounds like just the bike for all-year-round riding up on the mainland....

geoffm
20th August 2004, 20:51
Hi there. Thought I'd check in and say hi. I'm "new" to riding, but for the second time round. Used to ride a Yamaha 650 twin, but that was years ago. This time I've got a F650GS Beemer, and love it. Can't wait to get out into the South Island countryside and enjoy the backroads again, especially the gravel! Might wait until the weather improves a bit though.

Rgards.

I am down in Christchurch for a year. The roads down here a 'kin brilliant, especially if you are used to Auckland. Where is everyone. Now one lives in the South Island...
Geoff

scumdog
20th August 2004, 23:54
Welcome, do you attend rallies - or are you a loner?

You'll enjoy yourself with the helpful/opinionated/ranting others on this site! :)

Ms Piggy
20th August 2004, 23:59
Is that when the south island thaws out????? :confused:
Hah hah - are you one of these North Island wusses? :blah:

LB
21st August 2004, 05:32
.Hi Gasman, welcome to the site - lots of friendly types in here.

You have some great roads in the South Island!

On another point: is there a BMW dealer in Chch now? I heard a rumour that the car/bike place on the south side of the city on the bypass had closed up shop - is that right? If so, who is doing the BM servicing? (Just curious: I used to own BM's myself, and the hubby still has an R1100S.)

James Deuce
21st August 2004, 07:55
Welcome Gasman.

I know this is a bit personal, but do you have a baked beans powered "issue" or do you own a petrol station. And if so when can we expect to see the KB discount posted?? :niceone:

wari
21st August 2004, 08:58
Welcome Gasman.

I know this is a bit personal, but do you have a baked beans powered "issue" or do you own a petrol station. And if so when can we expect to see the KB discount posted?? :niceone:

GAsman wears a GAsmask if thats any hellp ... asdoo the poeple arounwind him :doobey:

scumdog
21st August 2004, 09:15
GAsman wears a GAsmask if thats any hellp ... asdoo the poeple arounwind him :doobey:

Was you an extra in Blazing Saddles??? :killingme

Gasman
23rd August 2004, 09:46
Hi guys, and thanks for all the messages of welcome!
I did get the BM out this weekend, and had a good ride, although not long enough. The weather was great (no rain you Aucklanders, so you wouldn't understand). Yes, it's certainly a bike for all seasons, although some heated grips may be nice!
Yes the BM agent is pulling out of bikes and the BM agency generally. Some good bargains were to be had on riding gear and BMW equipment. There will no doubt be a new agent appointed someplace.
No, no problem with that kind of gas, so it's safe to light a match, and no, I don't own a service station. The name is an old connection with a job.

Hope you all had a great weekend and got in some riding. I'm slowly getting some gear together for my wife, so she can come along on some back country adventures. I figure that by the time I buy all her gear I might be a safe enough guy to go riding with!

Cheers all...............

vifferman
23rd August 2004, 10:04
Hope you all had a great weekend and got in some riding. I'm slowly getting some gear together for my wife, so she can come along on some back country adventures. I figure that by the time I buy all her gear I might be a safe enough guy to go riding with!Sounds like me - I've been getting gear together for my wife too! Apart from a few years off for the child-raising thing, I've been riding for a long time, but my wife has only just decided to go riding with me.
Anyways - welcome to KB. Hope you enjoy the site and get some useful info, make some good friends.
Who knows - by the time you've got your gear together, I might just be back in Christchurch (part of the medium-term plan...) :spudwhat:

Hitcher
23rd August 2004, 10:21
Welcome to our gargre, Gasman.

The South Island rocks! Mrs H and I have done one long trip and a bunch of weekenders over the past year. We're off for another two-week burst at the end of September!! Bring it on!!

magnum
23rd August 2004, 20:54
hello and welcome. :eek:

FROSTY
23rd August 2004, 21:18
gidday and welcolm. wooohoo a south iosland KB member. :not:

curious george
24th August 2004, 11:21
So what's your gas, gasman? Sevo, des, iso.....

dangerman
29th August 2004, 20:27
Welcome gasman
We have the same tastes in biking - although 40kph is my max on loose gravel - more practice required !!!!!
Been up to Molesmorth ?? its on my to-do list
Call in if you're passing through Cave
Ask at the shop for the bloke with the black yammy

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 00:08
Welcome and enjoy :banana: