PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia Tuono 1000 Fighter

Guitana
19th March 2007, 12:03
Anyone have one of these evil looking machines????
I'm looking at buying one later in the year and just want some feedback from owners of the Tuono!

skelstar
19th March 2007, 12:35
Talk to Clivoris...

Dazza
19th March 2007, 12:55
Anyone have one of these evil looking machines????
I'm looking at buying one later in the year and just want some feedback from owners of the Tuono!
I don't own one but two of my mates have them, one has a 2006 Tuono & the other has a 2003 Racing which is very pretty, only thing that's not carbon fibre is the fuel tank. We swapped bikes a while back & enjoyed the ride, basically a stripped down Mille with motorcross handle bars, I did note with the bars you sit back alittle further in the seat but the seat was very comfortable. Both of these fellas had Millie's before the Tuono. A mate was killed on his 3yrs ago but you don't want to hear about that (tourists fault in the SI) We attended the Coast Riders drags a few weeks back & both where in the 11.3's !!

blueblade
19th March 2007, 14:13
Yeah,I've got a 2006 model. What can I say. Totally awesome bike, does virtually everything well from high speed sweepers to tight twisties, track days to a bit of gravel. Power delivery from the v twin is awesome. Not as much top end as an IL4 but who cares. All the power is where you want it and totally usable. They are as reliable as a rock and sound awesome with decent aftermarket cans. Cant think of another bike i would rather have at the moment. Done 22,000 kms on mine in last 10 months including quite a few track days and a recent 6,000km tour round the South Island. Still get excited everytime I get on it. Never managed to keep a Jap bike for longer than 6 months !!!!!!

Guitana
20th March 2007, 14:54
Yeah,I've got a 2006 model. What can I say. Totally awesome bike, does virtually everything well from high speed sweepers to tight twisties, track days to a bit of gravel. Power delivery from the v twin is awesome. Not as much top end as an IL4 but who cares. All the power is where you want it and totally usable. They are as reliable as a rock and sound awesome with decent aftermarket cans. Cant think of another bike i would rather have at the moment. Done 22,000 kms on mine in last 10 months including quite a few track days and a recent 6,000km tour round the South Island. Still get excited everytime I get on it. Never managed to keep a Jap bike for longer than 6 months !!!!!!

I had a demo on one last week and thought Fuck this is the machine for me it fits my big arse like a glove plenty of room on it!! whats it like two up??
I want to do a bit of touring down south this year,done it in a car two years ago and the whole time kept thinking I wish I'd taken the bike but it would've been a bit hard with all the whanau!!! This time I want to hit every road possible all the back roads and scenic routes!!
I've got some serious saving to do but should meet the target. I'm thinking the 2003 model theres a few around with low K's at the right price can't wait!!!

blueblade
20th March 2007, 15:12
Never tried it two up but I imagine it would be good. The 06/07 models come with a very nice pillion seat. Wide, well shaped and with a couple of built in grab handles. The earlier models are quite a bit different. somewhat more savage power delivery down low but still great bikes. Bloody ugly though IMO compared to the later model. At current prices they are an absolute bargain though and will last forever. Save hard. You really do need to get one of those bikes !!!!!!!!

Colapop
20th March 2007, 15:21
Get a trailer for it... won't be a problem then.

Guitana
21st March 2007, 12:49
Get a trailer for it... won't be a problem then.

Funny you should mention that COL I'm building one at the mo for a mate and was thinking should I build two just in case!!!

Clivoris
23rd March 2007, 17:44
I love mine. It has taken a bit of set up to release it's true potential and to be honest I'm still working on it. Sensei has some good ideas about fueling and suspension set up but my development program has stalled due to race-bike and IRD related poverty. The ride position is comfortable as, but feels weird when trying to hang off or get decent lean angles on in high speed sweepers. Can't beat the wide bars for charging slowing corners though. Mine's a keeper but I do tend to hold onto bikes until something significantly tastier (and affordable) turns up. Good luck mate.