PDA

View Full Version : Today was a nice day for a ride....

nudemetalz
19th March 2007, 22:30
The weather was great, I saw lots of bikes on my way to work,....while I was on the bus.
It appears that me and riding could become a thing of the past due to my condition, unfortunately.
However, we're not going to give up motorcycling in this family !!

Mrs Nudie took the Guzzi to work this morning.
She loves riding it and she looks great on it too.

Here's a couple of pics of the 2 loves of my life.

PS: Anyone want to buy a Suzuki RF400?

Edbear
20th March 2007, 07:38
due to my condition, unfortunately.

Sad to hear, mate. Care to elaborate?

Pwalo
20th March 2007, 08:05
Still no chance of a medical clearance then? Bummer. I guess that the Guzzi has a reasonable looking pillion perch, but that's a bit of a second best.

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 08:25
Sad to hear, mate. Care to elaborate?

I have epilepsy which was until recently in a controlled condition.
Unfort, the latest tests have proven otherwise and I have had my Neurologist tell me I can't ride (yet again !!!).

Still, the Guzzi is getting some riding, she took off again this morning on the big twin.

Nasty
20th March 2007, 08:28
I have epilepsy which was until recently in a controlled condition.
Unfort, the latest tests have proven otherwise and I have had my Neurologist tell me I can't ride (yet again !!!).

does that mean two years clear???? .. total bummer ... I am sure it will come under control again .. quite often these things run in cycles :)

MyGSXF
20th March 2007, 09:00

Sorry to hear your news nm.. I hope things will improve for you soon! :yes: they are great pics though!!! :scooter:

Trudes
20th March 2007, 09:24
I'm sorry to hear that Chris, do you think you'll be happy to pillion?, I'm sure Bridgey will look after you on the back. Glad to hear the bike is being ridden and loved though!:sunny:

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 09:29
Thanks, peoples.

I had a bad smash while being a pillion back in 1990 and nearly lost my leg (still have the metal bits), so not really an option...

I can keep her happy by keeping the Guzzi happy.
That will make me happy.

Trudes
20th March 2007, 10:19
That's awesome!
Haven't thought of keeping the 400 as a track fun bike for you, you'd be ok pissing about on a track wouldn't you?

F5 Dave
20th March 2007, 10:28
Perhaps joining the trail bike scene may be another release in a safer environment than the track or the road. I'm not sure if this is an option, but there are a lot of organised rides on & a heap of fun. Wish I had started ages ago.

Hope it all comes right chief.

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 10:34
The last ride I went on recently, on the Guzzi (just before my latest appointment) the bike just came to a stop in the middle of the road (outside CX Rimutaka). I thought the Guzzi had broken down, but it was fine.
A guy in car (at the head of the ever increasing cue) helped me push my bike to the side of the road, as he had thought the same.
The thing was, was that there was nothing wrong with the Guzzi, it was me, I think I had a simple partial seizure as I have no memory of why I stopped.
So I rode gingerly home, and decided to give up riding until my neuro appointment. That appt confirmed that I have "issues".

So racing or even trail-riding, wouldn't be an option, unfort.

bistard
20th March 2007, 10:40
The last ride I went on recently, on the Guzzi (just before my latest appointment) the bike just came to a stop in the middle of the road (outside CX Rimutaka). I thought the Guzzi had broken down, but it was fine.
A guy in car (at the head of the ever increasing cue) helped me push my bike to the side of the road, as he had thought the same.
The thing was, was that there was nothing wrong with the Guzzi, it was me, I think I had a simple partial seizure as I have no memory of why I stopped.
So I rode gingerly home, and decided to give up riding until my neuro appointment. That appt confirmed that I have "issues".

Hey Nudey,I am really sorry to hear that,we might have to keep you occupied/still involved,by becoming a pit bitch for the upcoming winter series,what do you think??

Bistard

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 10:55
Pit bitch ?
Sheez, do I have to dig out my old g-string? Scary stuff !!!

We should do something like that, I haven't done racing stuff since my old days of RS-125'ing around Ruapuna.

SDU
20th March 2007, 11:23
Pit bitch ?
Sheez, do I have to dig out my old g-string? Scary stuff !!!

We should do something like that, I haven't done racing stuff since my old days of RS-125'ing around Ruapuna.

:gob: no photos please I don't know if I could handle it.

Sorry you don't get to fight with mrs NM to ride your bike anymore, but the bright side us once you have things under control & are allowed on your wheels again hopefully you'll be able to buy that Griso that you want.

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 13:00
ohhh,...Griso.......!!!

Maybe in the future if I'm lucky.
There seems to be more female Guzzi riders nowadays, I think that's a good thing ;)

Wasp
20th March 2007, 13:12
I'm sorry to hear this NM, not being able to ride really sucks

Macktheknife
20th March 2007, 13:21
Sad news indeed NM, but all is not lost, it could always be worse as I am sure you know.
Here's wishing you and your 2 loves as much happiness as you can stand.
All the best
Mack

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 13:23
Thanks Guys, and glad you can still ride your new baby, Wasp

DemonWolf
20th March 2007, 13:40
Very Wise move nudemetalz... Hope the treatments allow it to become a controlled condition (with no other side effects).... and I'm with MacktheKnife =)

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 14:18
Oh yes, could have been a lot worse.
The 'Takas are not a place where you ride without your wits about you.
Just glad my "experience" happened back on straight and level road.

Thanks for the responses, I really wasn't trying to make this thread a sober one about me, more of a "Mrs loves the Guzzi more she rides it" !! :yes:

apteryx_haasti
20th March 2007, 17:18
Still, NM, it does suck that you can't ride. Hopefully this is not a permanent situation but will get under control again...

(PS - if it would make you feel better, you can buy me a Guzzi too. I'll let you work on it.)

laRIKin
20th March 2007, 20:08
Well what can I say, apart from BUGGER.

I'm sure you will be on the road again soon, as you can't keep a good man down.

And it's good to hear that you don't have to sell the Beast and it will have a good rider to look after it for you.

So here is to you, in two years you will be a proud owner of a Grisso.:drinkup:

And I second, no pic's of you in a G string.:eek:

rwh
20th March 2007, 20:12
T
It appears that me and riding could become a thing of the past due to my condition, unfortunately.

Sad to hear :(

PS: Anyone want to buy a Suzuki RF400?

Quite possibly - what are you after for it?

Richard

nudemetalz
20th March 2007, 20:37
You sure now, Lemans?, I got a cute butt... :dodge:

Thanks guys, and I have the RF in the "Online Trading" part here in KB, RWH.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46393

Have a looksie and feel free to ask any questions :)

And about buying you a Guzzi, Fiona,...errr...not sure...

laRIKin
20th March 2007, 21:10
You sure now, Lemans?, I got a cute butt... :dodge:

Now let me think about that for a nanosecond, NO :nono: thank :nono: you:nono: .

SDU
21st March 2007, 14:05
Now let me think about that for a nanosecond, NO :nono: thank :nono: you:nono: .

:shit: You had to think about it

more_fasterer
21st March 2007, 15:26
Damn that's a shame. Still, I bet the missus is overjoyed and saddened at the same time...

At least it was only a partial seizure on flat & level road. When I had seizures when I was younger they were always of the grand mal type (flailing limbs etc) and would dread to have one on a bike. Fortunately I discovered Epilim and haven't looked back since. Hopefully you'll be able to find a prescription that works for you and be back on the road in ~12 months on a griso, with your lady not far behind on the V11 :cool:

nudemetalz
21st March 2007, 16:15
Thanks More_Fasterer.
I take Epilim and Tegretol at present. Lots of fun...:mellow:

I've had Grand Mal ones before, so I know what you've been through.

Anyway, I really don't think I'll get the V11 back very easily, looks like when the time comes, fight fire with fire (get another Guzzi) ;)

And SDU,....shall I post a pic to prove you wrong?? :yes:
I'll put some fake tan on, but then I might get some "wrong" attention......

Joni
21st March 2007, 16:25
shall I post a pic to prove you wrong??Yes please :D :shifty:

Ghost_Bullet
21st March 2007, 23:27
Hey gidday nudez, stumbled here, and damn your Mrs Nudz is gonna be having all the fun uh!!! good for her...:dodge: !!!!!!!!!!

Ya never know what brick wall ya gonna hit next...thoughts though are hopin your able to saddle up in no time

T.W.R
22nd March 2007, 00:25

Geezus! Chris, I bloody sorry to hear the news, but reading this post makes one think of what could have easily happened :sick:
Fortunately Bridget can keep the guz ticking along and further her riding ability in the process :yes:
Chin up Mate! every cloud has a silver lining, you conquer this setback and be on the road again in the future :niceone:

nudemetalz
22nd March 2007, 06:33
Thanks, fellow Canterbury bikers.

Looks like the RF400 has been sold, so we're down to one bike again... :( but who knows what the future gives.

laRIKin
22nd March 2007, 19:33
Q: But who knows what the future gives.

A: Moto Guzzi Griso :yes:

YOU WILL RIDE AGAIN. I asked the Guzzi Gods.:yes: :ride:

nudemetalz
22nd March 2007, 22:16
The unfortunate thing though is that Griso's are still quite expensive, eps when a V11 is in the family too. But.....

Ghost_Bullet
22nd March 2007, 22:56
The unfortunate thing though is that Griso's are still quite expensive, eps when a V11 is in the family too. But.....

Saw a Griso 850 the other week, I think it was around 19k.. a bit dear for what it is... but still.

merv
24th March 2007, 10:01
Sorry to hear this mate and I never got to meet you out on the road as it was. At least keeping the Mrs happy is a positive option.

Hans
24th March 2007, 10:18
Q: But who knows what the future gives.

A: Moto Guzzi Griso :yes:

YOU WILL RIDE AGAIN. I asked the Guzzi Gods.:yes: :ride:

Keep positive mate! As you can see everyone here already knows that you'll be ok. The Guzzi Gods know too.