PDA

View Full Version : UK bill could have a devastating effect on motorcycling

svs
20th March 2007, 09:26
From the 'What planet are they on?' dept:

Full article here: telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml;jsessionid=VG5BKKTB00U0DQFIQMFCFF4AVCBQ YIV0?xml=/motoring/2007/03/17/nosplit/mfbike17.xml)

WTF?

jonbuoy
20th March 2007, 09:33
I think its being blown out of proportion, the press like to wind people up with a worst case scenario. They do the same with the latest EU laws. I think the idea is to get mini motos off the road. Common sense will prevail.
:shutup:

MSTRS
20th March 2007, 09:33
:shit: :nono: :weird: been taking lessons from Ms Bradford et al in well-intentioned but misguided proposals??

more_fasterer
20th March 2007, 09:42
It could potentially make British Superbike racing more relevant to the road user, if the racers have to carry number plates, road legal tyres and indicate when entering / exiting pit lane :laugh:

cowpoos
20th March 2007, 09:45
bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

just a case of political twit-ness...!!

svs
20th March 2007, 09:58
yep. media hype. but why don't these fellas think before drafting this sort of shit. They have access to lawyers.

Swoop
20th March 2007, 10:00
...if the racers have to carry number plates, road legal tyres and indicate when entering / exiting pit lane

I feel that overtaking will require indicating for the mandatory three seconds as well.
An adept racer with a set of mirrors will see this indication and respond tactically.

Could make some interesting races... :scratch:

hazard02
20th March 2007, 10:01
Common sense will prevail.

Never, ever count on this when dealing with the government.

Squeak the Rat
20th March 2007, 10:02
Reminds me of when NZ bought in the law against drinking in public. It was technically illegal to carry your booze from the shop to your car.....

Pwalo
20th March 2007, 10:58
I wonder if you'll be able to get personalised plates for your race bikes. Endless possibilities.

quickbuck
20th March 2007, 18:44
Gee, I am so glad I don't live in a country where the politicians are as stupid as that.

onearmedbandit
20th March 2007, 18:49
Gee, I am so glad I don't live in a country where the politicians are as stupid as that.

Hey, you owe me a sarcasm-o-meter (tm), that comment just blew mine up.

Mully
20th March 2007, 18:51

Ahh, but you do. Exactly the same as Bradford's Bill. Well intentioned but dumb as a box of hair.

My personal favourite bit of the article was: "ill-conceived and poorly thought-out piece of legislation."

Aren't they all??

bugjuice
20th March 2007, 18:56
fukin redickulas. have they got nothing better to do?

Macktheknife
20th March 2007, 20:25
fukin redickulas. have they got nothing better to do?

You really need to ask that question?????
What a bunch a idiots, they are dumb enough to be kiwi politicians.

alexthekidd
21st March 2007, 00:41
so doe sthat mean they will all be having road legal tyres, indicators, mirrors and everything in order to get their WOF too?

Forest
21st March 2007, 01:46
I don't know that this is so bad. I rather like the idea of someone rounding up all those annoying mini choppers and crushing them.

Insanity_rules
21st March 2007, 02:00
Ahh, but you do. Exactly the same as Bradford's Bill. Well intentioned but dumb as a box of hair.

My personal favourite bit of the article was: "ill-conceived and poorly thought-out piece of legislation."

Aren't they all??

So if Bradfords turkey bill comes in, will it be technically illegal to spank the monkey?

Arthur
21st March 2007, 07:26
I feel that overtaking will require indicating for the mandatory three seconds as well.
An adept racer with a set of mirrors will see this indication and respond tactically.

Could make some interesting races... :scratch:

Don't forget - it's also illegal (by NZ laws anyway) to pass on a corner... :gob:

Ixion
21st March 2007, 09:52
The Gatso at the end of the back straight will be very lucrative.

Ixion
21st March 2007, 09:57
Don't forget - it's also illegal (by NZ laws anyway) to pass on a corner... :gob:
? Is it. Where is that rule ? It is not in the Road Code. Passing on blind corners is obviously a no-no , but provided one has the required 100metres of visibility I know of no prohibition on passing on corners . Or do you mean intersections? Not many of those on a race track.

Arthur
21st March 2007, 12:04
? Is it. Where is that rule ? It is not in the Road Code. Passing on blind corners is obviously a no-no , but provided one has the required 100metres of visibility I know of no prohibition on passing on corners . Or do you mean intersections? Not many of those on a race track.

Well done - I should have realised my mistake myself. Personally, it is a good idea to not pass on corners - just because they aren't blind doesn't mean you can always see everything coming the other way... I can think of a certain cager who can't see traffic coming directly towards him on the straight....

Mully
21st March 2007, 18:28
So if Bradfords turkey bill comes in, will it be technically illegal to spank the monkey?

Yep. You'll have to give the monkey a time out.

Insanity_rules
21st March 2007, 20:08
Yep. You'll have to give the monkey a time out.
Damn, well there goes my saturday night!