PDA

View Full Version : Fulton and Love to race CBR1000RR's this season!!!!!

LB
21st August 2004, 05:09
Press release from Honda NZ:

Castrol Honda Returns to Road Racing with Young Guns Love and Fulton!
Blue Wing Honda announces today that they will be competing in the 2004/2005 New Zealand Super Bike National Championship with the all-new Honda CBR1000RR. Jared Love and Dean Fulton will spearhead Castrol Honda's assault on the National Super Bike Title when round one starts at Ruapuna on 4-5 December this year.

Love and Fulton will need to call on all their experience and talent to fend off multiple challenges that are sure to come from other top New Zealand riders. Nearly all of New Zealand's top track riders including Andrew Stroud, Tony Rees, Ray Clee, Chris Haldane and Brian Bernard are returning for what is sure to be one of the toughest championships ever contested.
Both Castrol Honda riders have won National road titles before, so they are keeping a keen eye on the competition, and each other.

"Anyone who wins this year will have to fight for it" said Fulton. "I'm concentrating on being the fittest, I want to be the dominating factor".
Love is certainly relishing the chance to ride with the Honda team "This year looks to be even more competitive, so having Honda's backing has simplified everything. It's allowed me to get fitter and I'm working on getting some international racing under my belt prior to the Nationals" he said. "The bike (Honda CBR1000RR) feels great, and the brakes are unbelievable, it is going to be an incredible event".

The National Road Race series is being contested over a four race series with a fifth round for the two production class's being run in conjunction with the John Britton Super Bike meeting in March 2005 at Ruapuna. The rider with the most championship points takes the National Super Bike Title.

merv
21st August 2004, 08:55
Great, hope they do well.

Hoon
21st August 2004, 17:43
Great news!! So Tony Rees will be racing a new R1?? Cool! Jared Love was very impressive on his CBR600 when I saw him at the Puke round of the Nationals so good to see he's moved up to F1 now.
I've also seen Glen Williams and Carey Brier out at Puke lately carving up with their ZX10R's too so looks like Team Suzuki will be under a lot more pressure this year!!

Kickaha
21st August 2004, 20:45
Two more new R1s at Timaru today as well with Jon Lowther on one and Daniel McKenzie (I think) on the other,I would imagine both of them will contest the Nationals

k14
21st August 2004, 20:51
Yeah, that is awesome. At long last some proper bikes can win the NZ champs :Pokey:

This has to be really good for the sport, the more the merrier I say.

LB
22nd August 2004, 05:09
Two more new R1s at Timaru today as well with Jon Lowther on one and Daniel McKenzie (I think) on the other,I would imagine both of them will contest the Nationals
Is Daniel the guy from Nelson who raced an R1 last year, #32?

Hope things went well for you guys at Levels.

Kickaha
22nd August 2004, 10:15
No I think that was Daniel Ormsby on #32 from Oxford,looks like it could be a good season with all the maunfacturers having bikes in the class,hopefully that will also extend to the other classes as well

gav
23rd August 2004, 10:11
Daniel Jansen is the guy from Nelson who raced an R1.

Two Smoker
23rd August 2004, 20:20
Ive heard rumour that Ray Clee will be racing on a K5 gixxer....... Just a rumour, but it will most likely be the K4.....

Kickaha
23rd August 2004, 20:57
Ive heard rumour that Ray Clee will be racing on a K5 gixxer....... Just a rumour, but it will most likely be the K4.....

Don't think you'll see him racing a K5 unless there's a few in the country as I think they have to have a certain number sold in NZ before you can race them

Slim
24th August 2004, 00:30
The Fulton family are stoked! Dean gets the bike to race, another CBR for the road & a motorcross bike for training (a 450 I think, but don't quote me on that!).

Hopefully his broken hand will be all healed up in time for summer racing (more motorcross madness, apparently, and no telling how well it will heal if he's already removed the cast so he can work in his new car mechanics business!!! :eek: ;) )

Can't wait to watch the racing this summer, and with The Man still racing himself, I'm guarenteed to be watching more than I've ever seen in the past. :D