PDA

View Full Version : This would make for a really interesting ride for the big bikes

Zukin
20th March 2007, 22:49
Check out this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7639234355458374609&q=enduro&pl=true) of a mean track somewhere in the States!!:gob:

One wrong move and you are down the side :shit:

Transalper
20th March 2007, 23:08
Crap, i'm just not sure i'd be happy riding that, even on my CRF230. It would be a nice walk though

Big Dog
20th March 2007, 23:08
That sir, is living on the edge! (cue Aerosmith)

Aslan
21st March 2007, 12:53
these riders have awesome skills and courage that I don't have Zukin - thanks for posting - cheers Aslan :innocent:

PLUG
21st March 2007, 19:25
wicked stuff & country ... wonder what it looked like through the eye ... looked very close from the camara ... ie handle bars to gorge wall clearance

Macktheknife
21st March 2007, 19:37
Looks like fun, not sure if I would do it though.

miSTa
21st March 2007, 20:14
I remember seeing that clip sometime last year, still the same reaction this time round - bugger that.

SlipperyOZ
21st March 2007, 21:14
Gives me vertigo!!:gob:

cooneyr
21st March 2007, 22:04
I remember seeing that clip sometime last year, still the same reaction this time round - bugger that.

My sentiments exactly. I also have watched before and also though bugger that. Bar to cliff clerance really concerns me.

Cheers R

oldrider
22nd March 2007, 00:09
That is "trail riding" not "venture riding" I am just too old for that stuff any more, even on a little bike with a great big back sprocket.

Bigger bikes are for venture riding not that stuff, unless you are "Superman" or something!

Venture riding for me is where there is a formed road of some sort, beyond that trail riding begins, so where does trail riding end for those guys?

I think I am getting too old for some of what I call venture riding too, damn it, I guess I will soon be too bloody old for "tarmac"!

Use it while you have still got it boys and girls it ends sooner than you think! :yes: Cheers John.

NordieBoy
23rd March 2007, 08:49
so where does trail riding end for those guys?

Hospital ?

cooneyr
23rd March 2007, 10:28
Hospital ?

Mr Cynical!

Oscar
23rd March 2007, 11:14
B Grade Enduro.
If the logs weren't cleared it might make expert.

MyGSXF
25th March 2007, 00:18
Check out this video of a mean track somewhere in the States!!:gob: One wrong move and you are down the side :shit:

:gob: HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ferk that for a joke... :baby:

I found myself sitting on my chair.. leaning to the right whilst watching it... :shutup:

merv
25th March 2007, 00:47
A trials bike would be the go on that type of terrain.

MyGSXF
25th March 2007, 00:53
A trials bike would be the go on that type of terrain.

along with balls of solid steel!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek5:

Ruralman
26th March 2007, 22:10
Great bit of video - you'd need very good suspension and tyres, obviously good balance and I think I'd need a bike with electric start 'cos if you stalled anywhere there and had to kick start.....
Isn't it interesting though that if it wasn't for the drop over the edge many of us would quite happily ride our trail bikes along that track - add the potential fall and its a different story. Think I'm probably getting too old to have a crack at that but it really does show how much potential our two wheeled machines have aye.

orange dog
27th March 2007, 00:24
C'mon people, I'm sure if you were there and someone gave you a KTM to ride you would'nt be able to resist huh ? :yes:

cooneyr
27th March 2007, 07:52
Let me think - Nah I couldnt resist ago! Would prob be rather slow though.

Cheers R

Big Dog
27th March 2007, 23:28
C'mon people, I'm sure if you were there and someone gave you a KTM to ride you would'nt be able to resist huh ? :yes:

I'd give it a go. Shit, your at the dance might as well get out on the floor.:Punk:

Not sure I would make it but I think that is kind of the point to this kind of personal challenge.

Laava
1st April 2007, 14:24
Possibly not quite as extreme as the camera angle and lens can alter things but made me feel ill watching it!:sick: