PDA

View Full Version : Stolen lid - Birkenhead New World (21 March)

Jb7
21st March 2007, 17:50
Just thought I'd post the details of my helmet just in case anyone comes across it on trade me etc.

HJC CL-14 - XL Black with silver visor.

Was stolen from New World Birkenhead at approx 5pm 21/3/07.

Apparently a girl grabbed it while a guy waited in a white WRX up by the roadside (out of the parking lot).

<3 thiefs .......... NOT.

fjones
21st March 2007, 17:53
fuckers....

Mole_C
21st March 2007, 18:20
You left a lid on your bike in Birkenhead? Are you crazy?

Mully
21st March 2007, 18:30
Jeez, talk about a crime of opportunity.

I've got a THH in XL if you are stuck for a lid and need to borrow one.

jtzzr
21st March 2007, 18:48
That sucks mate , chances of getting it back are slim unless someone got the rego , and Welcome ,put it down to a learning experience.

Macktheknife
21st March 2007, 18:53
Welcome to KB, sucks about your helmet but maybe it will be the last time you ever leave an essential piece of equipment in a place able to be nicked easily.
Good luck

Swoop
21st March 2007, 19:43
In which manner was it secured to your bike/person?

sunhuntin
21st March 2007, 19:52
best of luck recovering it. will insurance cover it?

gijoe1313
21st March 2007, 20:01
A sad indictment on the state of affairs in this world ... I bet they'd be the sort of people who'd rob you if you were writhing on the ground in pain. Karma will catch up to them. And a timely reminder to all of us to secure our valuables ... feck, I get paranoid about my bike even when it's got a disc lock/cable on it! :sick:

BarBender
21st March 2007, 21:46
Post a pic of the lid.
I'll get the boyz to look out for it and the Sube at the drags.

Rizla
21st March 2007, 21:53
I live in Birkenhead and as a usual bike enthusiast, look at all bikes even when in the cage, just to see what they are riding. Will keep an eye out for ya. I would guess they must be local to visit a local supermarket.

Pumba
21st March 2007, 21:54
<3 thiefs .......... NOT.

Does anyone else understand this coment at the bottem cause I dont

Mully
21st March 2007, 22:02

Me neither, but pretend you do or the big kids will make fun of us.

sunhuntin
21st March 2007, 22:04

the little <3 is meant to be a heart. personally i always see it as this:
<3()~~ makes a mousie. lol.

Pumba
21st March 2007, 22:08
the little <3 is meant to be a heart. personally i always see it as this:
<3()~~ makes a mousie. lol.

Thankyou

now back to the subject at hand, castrate those thevin pricks

0arbreaka
21st March 2007, 22:12
How about you just remove one of their hands, its seemed to have worked very effectively in Saudi Arabia... It'd make stealing a helmet that much harder to.

sunhuntin
21st March 2007, 23:23
How about you just remove one of their hands, its seemed to have worked very effectively in Saudi Arabia... It'd make stealing a helmet that much harder to.

and next to impossible to do up!

Hans
21st March 2007, 23:50
Hope the cunt comes into a situation when they need it. And it doesn't save them.

oldrider
22nd March 2007, 00:17
Thieving bastards, makes me sick when I hear things like that! :yes: John.

Patrick
22nd March 2007, 00:35
Check the next door neighbours... the Cash Converters... probably sold it there for some quick cash...

davereid
22nd March 2007, 11:43
Supermarket may have cameras. Maybe a rego number on tape.

Mom
22nd March 2007, 18:19
Bastards!!! I have a spare helmet here you are welcome to use, house contents insurance will cover that, excess will be the only cost...........sad old world we live in when some asshole takes a helmet off a bike.......:yes:

Jb7
22nd March 2007, 23:49
Thanks for the offers of Helmets, I went out of my way this morning to purchase one. I can't stand taking the bus or driving in to work it's such a pain in the ass.

I did just leave the helmet on the bike un-secured so partly my fault. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Don't actually have any pic's of the helmet, it's black with a shiny/tinted slightly see through visor. There are a few scratches on it here and there as well.

Oh well the new helmet is a Shoei XR1000, I'll be making sure as hell that one doesn't go missing.

Swoop
23rd March 2007, 20:56
I did just leave the helmet on the bike un-secured so partly my fault. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.
Thank you for finally answering my question. Leaving a lid unsecured is asking for it to go missing in our country nowadays.
Lock it or lose it. Simple.

Babelfish
23rd March 2007, 22:02
bloody thick tw@. That said, I got home last night and agent was showing people around house...put lid next to bike and mulled around house while they looked around and when they left I went inside...wasnt till this morning I thought...shit, where did I leave my helmet...fortunately last night wasnt the night the scum arse shit goblins decided to slither around my house and helmet was still next to my bike...whew....so we're all thick tw@s one time or other :crazy:

Bruiser
24th March 2007, 10:47
I have never (and won't) lock my Shoei, just do up the strap and hang it over the right handlebar.

Anyone who touches my bike without my sayso, or helps themselves to my or my missus' helmet, has big balls (which will be removed before they take 2 steps). And after she's finished with them I'll have my turn ;-)

Patrick
24th March 2007, 13:07
I have never (and won't) lock my Shoei, just do up the strap and hang it over the right handlebar.

Anyone who touches my bike without my sayso, or helps themselves to my or my missus' helmet, has big balls (which will be removed before they take 2 steps). And after she's finished with them I'll have my turn ;-)

It will happen... when you're not looking... cunning little bastidges, these oxygen thieving thieves...

scracha
24th March 2007, 13:16
What fucking retarded lowlife scum would steal a secondhand lid that probably smells and might have already been dropped....

What fucking retard would buy a secondhand lid that probably smells and might have already been dropped....

Darwinian theory. Next time you drop your lid and know it's fucked leave it in Birkenhead and hopefully some thieving bastard will steal it, crash and then die due to head injuries.

sunhuntin
24th March 2007, 16:29
Thank you for finally answering my question. Leaving a lid unsecured is asking for it to go missing in our country nowadays.
Lock it or lose it. Simple.

yep... usually ill carry mine, or if not, itll go in the topbox. if thats full with stuff that cant be dumped, ill use the lock on the bike. only time the lid sits free on the bike is about 2 seconds before i put it on. carrying is the better option, cos my keys and gloves, goggles etc all go inside it quite nicely. if the helmet gets locked up, then so does everything else. the lock on the bike i dont trust...first time i unlocked the lid, it dropped before i realised.

even at the westpac helichopter ride, where there were helmets on bikes everywhere, mine got carried. for this one, not only the matter of theft, but the chance of it falling or being kicked.