PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof idiots

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 17:53
Well, someone pointed out that someone should run the books on (and i quote) "the bullet proof idiots on here"

now, we all know em, and love em. "im a mature rider, i can handle a twosmoke 250 on my learners"

"ive been riding dirt bikes since i was <10"
"gn's r gay, i wnna gt me a nsr cuz"

so, currently, there is only two entrances, bettings are as follows:

One cookie or equally desirable sweet (minimum)
A pie (prefferably apple :P)
anything thats sugary, tasty and well, sugary and tasty :D

the contenders:

Zealot: rebuilds anything with an engine in it, likes a bit of speed, might be considered a boy racer... wants an rs for his first bike

2strokegirl: shes 16, she has a virago and all the parents money in the world... Been riding dirt bikes since she was five, 6 months of riding an XV250 and wants a RS...

the winner, is the first binner

(please note this is a piss take, but sweet goods will be shipped to the winner)

People start bettin!

On the more serious side, wheres the modesty with todays kids... People with cash are getting RS/NSR/RGV/Mito/TZR and binning like mad... AND RUINING PERFECTY GOOD BIKES!

Lets hear all ya'll oppinions on the subject, old and young alike....

Denis

hmm... im starting to think this would have been better located in the drivel section...

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 17:54
oh, and feel free to add contenders, but there must be a reason!

kiwifruit
21st March 2007, 17:59
They only come out in the night. Or in this case, the day.

alexthekidd
21st March 2007, 18:21
hey if she really has been riding dirt bikes for 10 years then i' sure she will be fine.

RS for a first bike, well now thats another story.

just cause you ride a GN doesn't mean there is anything wrong with starting on anything else

Macktheknife
21st March 2007, 18:30
Hang on, what are the criteria for candidates?
skidmark?

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 18:38
Hang on, what are the criteria for candidates?
skidmark?

Must think they are bullet proof, must be an idiot

skidmark, sure, if you provide evidence... wheres that thread gone...

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 18:39
hey if she really has been riding dirt bikes for 10 years then i' sure she will be fine.

just cause you ride a GN doesn't mean there is anything wrong with starting on anything else

ive ridden everything from a pit bike to a kawasaki h2a... I own a GN by choice, cheap bike till i get my full.

kiwifruit
21st March 2007, 18:40
wheres that thread gone...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=31770

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 18:45
AND SKIDMARK IS IN THE RUNNING!

so far we have:

2strokegirl: no bets, but an obvious favourite not to bin

Zealot: Who knows, no bets

Skidmark: Come one people... im not even going to bother writing up the odds on this one

Skunk
21st March 2007, 18:47
People with cash are getting RS/NSR/RGV/Mito/TZR and binning like mad... AND RUINING PERFECTY GOOD BIKES!
This is the bit that upsets me most... :(

toymachine
21st March 2007, 18:50
You arnt going to buy all those bikes anyway.

Let them get what they want and if they fuck out they fuck out.

Too much protecting the lowest common denominator these days.

White trash
21st March 2007, 18:52
Even though this particular thread is tongue in cheek (and pretty funny :)), I reckon a few people need to get off their high horse.

Who's decision is it to get a smoker at age 15? The riders. Thanks for your concern for my safety folks, but it simply aint your decision. I broke no laws in buying or by riding that bike so keep your oppinions on what I can and can't handle to yourself.

I stepped straight onto an RGV250 at age 16. Derestricted model, had 52hp at the rear wrap (measured). I lasted 2 years on that bike with only minor bins that I would have suffered on anything.

I reckon if it'd been law to ride a GN250 for the first two years of my biking career, I would have given up. No offence to GN riders.

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 18:55
Even though this particular thread is tongue in cheek (and pretty funny :)), I reckon a few people need to get off their high horse.

Who's decision is it to get a smoker at age 15? The riders. Thanks for your concern for my safety folks, but it simply aint your decision. I broke no laws in buying or by riding that bike so keep your oppinions on what I can and can't handle to yourself.

I stepped straight onto an RGV250 at age 16. Derestricted model, had 52hp at the rear wrap (measured). I lasted 2 years on that bike with only minor bins that I would have suffered on anything.

I reckon if it'd been law to ride a GN250 for the first two years of my biking career, I would have given up. No offence to GN riders.

completely agree, in every way.

but! its the riders choice to ride a honda, yet we still take the piss out of em.

Its a pisstake, and the worst thing that can happen is you owe someone a cookie....

White trash
21st March 2007, 18:58
Different thing riding a Honda. That's trying to prove to the world you have bad taste, nothing more.

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 18:58
You arnt going to buy all those bikes anyway.

your not going to buy a motogp bike now are ya? but if you had a chance to take a mental honda bakker 500 for a spin, would you? or would you just say, nah, its nothing cause i dont own the bike....

Too much protecting the lowest common denominator these days.

Your right, screw the minority

(again, no seriousness, piss take)

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 19:08
Different thing riding a Honda. That's trying to prove to the world you have bad taste, nothing more.

and being a bullet proof idiot is... err... bad... skill... ridi.. shu...

shit

what was my point again?

Oh yeah, this isnt about first bike choice, its about attitudes towards high performance motorcycles and towards ones own oppinion of themselves as an impenetrable manly man (or woman) of a rider

Colapop
21st March 2007, 19:19

AlextheKidd!! Coz he can drink any one of you fuggers unedr the tabl...e.... :puke: *Blurrrrkkk!!!*:puke:

FilthyLuka
21st March 2007, 19:21
AlextheKidd!! Coz he can drink any one of you fuggers unedr the tabl...e.... :puke: *Blurrrrkkk!!!*:puke:

dude... im from the balkans...

and ROFL!

denis

alexthekidd
21st March 2007, 19:21

sure can until it all comes straight back out :D still finished that tuis jug :lol:

fjones
21st March 2007, 19:22
I was just thinking I should nominate and vote for myself. That way if i bin in the near future atleast I'll get a cookie outta the deal....

Colapop
21st March 2007, 19:24
sure can until it all comes straight back out :D still finished that tuis jug :lol:
How'd you go with that Bourbon?

alexthekidd
21st March 2007, 19:25
How'd you go with that Bourbon?

went alright for a little while, i think....sort of a few blanks in my memory from that night

mark247
21st March 2007, 19:32
I have owned a GSX250, and a VT250, and a GB400 now. Im 17 and still on my learners. Now these bikes arent exactly speeders but you can still certainly speed on them. I also ride like a bit of an idiot sometimes, but im 17, i probably ride like any other 17 year old who thinks they are bulletproof. I think most people go through that stage and grow out of it. But in saying that, i would never ever buy a 2 stroke 250, they are fast, but they sound like a cross with a chainsaw and a duck... with NOS!

kiwifruit
21st March 2007, 19:42
when i ws 16 i test rode a de-restricted rgv250... what a bike! pulled an indicated 130 odd mph without any trouble... took it home to show the old man ( he'd be making the payments if i didnt), he said PISS OFF, NO FOOKIN WAY!!!! at the time i was pissed bigtime, but in hindsight.....

hindsight is a wonderful thing innit

gijoe1313
21st March 2007, 20:07
As tongue in cheek this thread is, I think we may have to consider the implications of actually betting on whether a rider "bins" it. We know "binning" is an euphemism, but the consequences of a more serious "bin" towards characters we know on kiwibiker doesn't bear thinking about ...

So, even with the fun and games and all, I think we need to remind ourselves ... do we actually wish harm or a bad outcome to the company here? :no:

Just my two cents and thruppence for the deal ... :sweatdrop

Ride safely and let's play nicely on the playground here okay? :yes:

terbang
21st March 2007, 20:21
I'm completely bullet proof and 6 foot tall too. However I'm not crash (bin) proof and have this proved to myself on too many occasions. And I do break like everyone else.

Waylander
21st March 2007, 20:33
I reckon I'll be the first to crash. Seem to crash just about a year after the one before and this one is a little overdue now.....

February 2004
April 2005
March 2006

Hans
21st March 2007, 20:45
I reckon I'll be the first to crash. Seem to crash just about a year after the one before and this one is a little overdue now.....

February 2004
April 2005
March 2006

Hope not, would be a shame to see the 'max broken. :Punk:

Colapop
21st March 2007, 21:42

February 2004
April 2005
March 2006

You're due here in March int ya? So you should be home in time...

KLOWN
21st March 2007, 21:44

on the thread where this idea was brought up; it was a question on wheather an rs250 would be an ok first bike. I wanted an rs250 for a first bike but my mate told me it would be a killer. so i decided on an rg150 it was the best decsion ever. If someone had said yes an aprilla rs250 would be a good first bike and got it i'm sure I would have killed myself. No one is physically stoping these people from buying one. its just advice.

sunhuntin
21st March 2007, 21:57
i went past the high school about 5 mins from work, where there are 2 decent sized motorbike parks out front. scoot, scoot, scoot, GN! scoot, scoot, scoot....

myself, im glad i started on a gn. i would never have gone for a sports style bike as a first... would have been suicide.

Ixion
21st March 2007, 22:02
I pretty near saw motorcycling disappear in this country because of idiot kids buying bikes they couldnt handle and killing or mutilating themselves.

Now, same thing's happening again. I used to worry about them. Now I don't. Go for it I say. Darwin's Law. The law has put some restrictions around new riders. Some will take heed. So we now longer be concerned that young men will blunder into something perilous without realising.

The idiots will ignore or evade the restrictions. 'Cos they're mature sensible riders who have been riding dirt bikes since they were three days old and it's their right anyway and nobody's going to tell them what to do and anyway they've heaps and heaps of driving experience in v16 cars with 10000 horsepower.

A few will survive because they're exceptional. A few will survive by idiot luck. Most will be Mayday bikers. Here today , gone tomorrow. Dead, in a wheelchair, or scared shitless and gone back to cars (with some very plausible reason of course) .

Those that survive 10 years on two wheels are keepers. The rest, sooner they kill themselves off the better . Their parents and friends will grieve. But motorcycling's better off without them

Go for it I say. If you're still on two wheels in 10 years time , come back and tell me about it.

Geno-O-Klene. Evolution you can see.

Teflon
21st March 2007, 22:32
Who are you to judge these people on their choices of bikes.. sounds like you're a learner yourself. There will come a time when you'll need horsepower to get you out of trouble, horsepower that your GN is lacking in.

I owned a NSR, TZR, at 15. Sure, nearly high-sided a few times, but you learn quick. FZR1000 at 17... (this is going back a little) no regrets in owning any of them..

Hans
21st March 2007, 23:04
Sorry, but let's get back to the betting. At least it's a different take on things. This debate that's erupted here has already been done to death at least 10 times and that's probably an understatement. I've given up.
Now it's time for the Gene-o-kleen.

Waylander
22nd March 2007, 06:35
You're due here in March int ya? So you should be home in time...
Trips over a couple of days I do ok on. All the times I've crashed have just been day trips where I'll be back the same night.

Colapop
22nd March 2007, 06:52
Where you thought you'd be back in the same day..

Insanity_rules
22nd March 2007, 06:58
I'm 19 years give or take on road bikes. Back in the bright heady days of the late 80's when I was a new road biker, I traded from an 86 Honda GL145 to an 87 RG250 Walter Wolf (the big gunner two smoke of the day). I came to respect the power of that bike VERY quickly.

I used to use that bike to commute to school, sports and my part time job, fully realising that if anything happend to me or the bike I'd be screwed.

Was fun playing with the capabilities of that bike ie embarasing my mates 750. I don't feel that all teen's have slipped back that far in maturity as to not realise that these powerhouse small bikes are to be respected. We still had idiots but it seemed that there was less of them.

I remember we had kids at school that had the parents money too but a majority of us paid for our own wheels and I think thats the difference, that high performance bikes and cars are cheaper and more parents are purchasing them for teens without fully educating themselves on how powerful they really are.

Rant over and sorry to those who were expecting the usual humor of my posts.

BNZ
22nd March 2007, 09:03
I own a GN by choice

could post that in the jokes thread

Edbear
22nd March 2007, 11:01
After learning to ride on a BSA Bantam 125 aound the lawn and up the street, I got a B31 350 BSA and then got my licence. Full licence straight away, of course, sat on a workmate's C50 Honda stepthrough. Having still not crashed or been overcome by the performance of these powerful machines, I bought a mate's Suzuki T500, (two-stroke twin), when he went to Aus.

Discovered what powerbands were the first time I opened it up in second gear up my street riding it home! Nearly threw me off the back! Amazing 45hp kicking in at 5,200rpm! Such POWER!

Somehow, I survived and my previous bike, the GSX-F600, had twice the power of the ol' T! Nearly caught me out on one corner arriving faster than anticipated, but it had twin disc brakes and good handling, therefore got around with little drama, on the T500 I'd have been in the bank and probably hurting, or worse!

Point? When upgrading, ride cautiously until you are familiar with the machine. We have a recent thread about a crashed K7 Gixxer - Muppet!

Pixie
22nd March 2007, 12:01
It's a crime and learners should be banned from learning on powerful bikes.
The fact that I learned on an RD 350 is irrelevant

FilthyLuka
22nd March 2007, 12:07
Who are you to judge these people on their choices of bikes.. sounds like you're a learner yourself. There will come a time when you'll need horsepower to get you out of trouble, horsepower that your GN is lacking in.

Dude, im just the bookie

and for the record, theres a cbr900 in my garage... 120 horsepower is enough for me, but the GN is staying untill i get my full... i REALLY dont want my new crotch rocket impounded by the fuzz

FilthyLuka
22nd March 2007, 12:09
could post that in the jokes thread

dude... im sure that went "i own a gn by choice because i want to spend monies on a bigger bike, not a 250 ill ditch in 6 months anyway"
or some such foolery...

Eddieb
22nd March 2007, 12:10

Much as I hate to agree with WT I do.
I was taught on, and sat my license on a RGV250k. 2 weeks after getting my license I bought a GSXR400, 3 months after that it was gone for a GPX600. (OK so I wasn't exactly legal).

Anyway like WT I had a few very minor bins, no broken bones and no lasting scars. As long as the person has a healthy respect for the vehicle and what it can do, good and bad, going onto something more powerfull is not neccesarily a death sentence, a lot of it comes down to the individual.

The_Dover
22nd March 2007, 12:15
I reckon WT might have done better at the hill climb on a ginny.

FilthyLuka
22nd March 2007, 12:16
a lot of it comes down to the individual.

Hence why we are betting on them :P

Waylander
22nd March 2007, 22:37
Where you thought you'd be back in the same day..
'
Actually, I only had to overnight for one of them. And that was the crash up towards Whangarei ( my have misspelled that....)

Quartermile
22nd March 2007, 22:53
Ah let the insane bastards trash thier 250's just means Ill get more for mine:D

moT
2nd April 2007, 15:48
i find that i crash more trying to ride safely than rideing fast but in any case i refuse to learn my lessons

ManDownUnder
2nd April 2007, 16:03
See my signature... for moral reasons this Dragon is out

Arthur
3rd April 2007, 07:24
Ah let the insane bastards trash thier 250's just means Ill get more for mine:D

The only reason my 250 was written off, was because some young muppet failed to carry out his responsibilities as a driver ie. failing to give way (you could even say he failed to look). According to the cops, the speed at the moment of impact was 52 (in a residential area). A bandit 250 is by no means a powerful bike, but there is a reasonable amount of boogy for your buck - I've had other riders ask me if I'm riding round on a four or six hundy, simply cos of the way I was riding at the time - although that may have more to do with learning on the dirt. I see exactly what you mean about the price going up though - Holeshot have got a '94 bandit 250 that they want to flick off for $4500....

marty
3rd April 2007, 09:16
i thought this sounded familiar

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=983858&highlight=bulletproof#post983858

it's not about the bike - it's the attitude to it that will hurt. some of the stories i've heard about cars supposedly pulling out in front of riders, and the rider HAVING to lay the bike down....what the fuck is up with that?

and 52k at the moment of impact only means - what was your speed at the start of braking? very easy to wash 20kmh off in 20 metres. i had a very serious crash in a car and my speed at impact was only 42km/h. speed at start of braking was minimum 58kmh. braking length - 14 metres.

Arthur
3rd April 2007, 10:07
it's not about the bike - it's the attitude to it that will hurt. some of the stories i've heard about cars supposedly pulling out in front of riders, and the rider HAVING to lay the bike down....what the fuck is up with that?

and 52k at the moment of impact only means - what was your speed at the start of braking? very easy to wash 20kmh off in 20 metres. i had a very serious crash in a car and my speed at impact was only 42km/h. speed at start of braking was minimum 58kmh. braking length - 14 metres.

I wish I could tell you exactly what happened, but I don't remember anything. From what I've been told by people who were there and the cops, I think I would have had 10 metres - if that. Once you take the reaction time out of that, you'd be lucky to wash off 5k's. I didn't drop the bike either - it hit the car, then I hit my fuel tank. One of the dangly bits got caught in between me and the tank, so I think that may be the reason I don't remember anything...

jade
3rd April 2007, 18:03
2 strokes are not for learners.
my first three bikes are all strokers and ive crashed them all, 10 crashes in total, ive hit a car at 80 on a nsr = broken femeur in 5 places
im alive because of sheer luck, nothing more, nothing less, Luck.
6 months since the last crash, ive finally learned my lesson

Mr. Peanut
3rd April 2007, 21:34
2 strokes are not for learners.
my first three bikes are all strokers and ive crashed them all, 10 crashes in total, ive hit a car at 80 on a nsr = broken femeur in 5 places
im alive because of sheer luck, nothing more, nothing less, Luck.
6 months since the last crash, ive finally learned my lesson

You're a moron, I've crashed once.
I got an NSR250 as my first bike, and I'm upgrading to a ZX10.

I can handle anything. Bulletproof? Pah, im hydrogen bomb proof!

marty
3rd April 2007, 21:44

that'll be from the horsepower that got you IN trouble in the first place?

Mr. Peanut
3rd April 2007, 21:47
The only time I've really scared myself is when I didn't have enough power.

Zealot
4th April 2007, 20:58
Wow, I'm flattered luka. Except you judge me without even knowing me. You'll realise I'm about as far from a boyracer as possible...

SwanTiger
4th April 2007, 23:42
Mark has already won this contest, he has written off 3 vehicles and crashed too many to count in just 18 or 20 months of being on the road.

He is a walking legend.

Congratulations Mark!

Xtat1k
5th April 2007, 10:27
Agreed Skidmark wins the trophy lol, I've binned once, evil gravel.