PDA

View Full Version : If you can't beat em...

Jorja
21st March 2007, 20:42
Well I live in a house full of males obsessed with bikes. All sorts. Partner rides and is often found in the garage working on his latest project. I get the odd ride, but not often.
My 4 boys have 3 bikes between them. Even the 3 yr old has one!!!!! Figured it was about bloody time I had my own.

Well has of tonight I do. Just a little Yamaha 125. Pretty old and banged up but that is perfect for me. Won't have to worry so much about dropping it. All I have to do now is collect it from Matamata. Hmmmm quiet day at work tomorrow sure I can fit it in my van lol.

Have had a lesson, can work the gears and know the basics, just need the practice now. I am in west auck so if there are any other ladies out this way who are learning and would like to practice together give me a yell.

Keystone19
21st March 2007, 20:48
Welcome to KB Jorja!

There are a few girls out west who are learning. Lteejay and Scorpygirl come to mind immediately.

Once you get your mojo, come and join us on the Thursday night ride departing from Westgate at 7pm or there's the Wednesday night mentor ride that might suit you perfectly also departing from Westgate.

Jorja
21st March 2007, 20:51
Yeah I have thought about the wed night. Has anyone ever done a course through rider skills? Was checking out their website tonight. Looked quite good. Partner will teach me but he doesn't have alot of time.

xwhatsit
21st March 2007, 20:56
What a sweet first bike! Every noob should have a slightly dodgy old bike -- that way you learn more! At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Jorja
21st March 2007, 21:02
less than $200.
Needs a little T.L.C. but nothing the hubby can't fix. Bidding on some boots too which is the last thing I need and I'll be all set

RC1
21st March 2007, 21:19
get in touch with blondini she out universal drive way, good women hope you get on road soon ,enjoy

terrygurl
21st March 2007, 21:50
Aw have fun! Sound like out west is the place to be!

alley cat
22nd March 2007, 08:48
What a wee beauty. Good for you.
Youl never look back!:ride:

Rashika
22nd March 2007, 13:45
Congrats on the new bike ;)
Everyone starts somewhere...

chic 'n' charge
30th March 2007, 22:02
Well welcome aboard - your new bike is bigger than my first bike - you'll love it and learn so much. Enjoy every moment.

blu
31st July 2007, 04:59
me to my man and all 4 of my sons have bikes the boys have the coolest choppers. Best place to learn if u never ridden before is a big paddock on a dirt bike just play on the bike so u get a good feel for it and it doesent hurt so much when u fall off, then u can get your learners and get on the road with conferdence. and theres nothing like playing in the mud good fun.