PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Heads up - Mini toy run (24 March)

James Deuce
22nd March 2007, 11:04
This Saturday.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1227&day=2007-3-22

judecatmad
22nd March 2007, 11:08
Can I come along in a car or is that just going to cause problems?

No worries if it's best no cars tag along - I'll just make sure I catch up with you beforehand Jim, so that I can give over my offerings :)

James Deuce
22nd March 2007, 11:09
Of course you can! It's your idea after all!

I'm just getting the event moved to Saturday on the calendar. I'm rushing things and making mistakes - sorry folks!

Madness
22nd March 2007, 11:14
Can I come along in a car or is that just going to cause problems?

You can carry all the big toys! :Punk:

Trudes
22nd March 2007, 11:18
Oh that's a great idea!!! Cool, I'll be there, can I bring along any clothes for the girls that I can muster up too?

James Deuce
22nd March 2007, 11:20
Anything is welcomed Mrs KD.

judecatmad
22nd March 2007, 11:21
You can carry all the big toys! :Punk:

Is kinda what I was thinking, but I didn't like to make the assumption that 4 wheels would be welcome, even with a 2 wheels driver ;)

Here's hoping I can keep the 4 wheels sticky side down eh?! LOL

Wasp
22nd March 2007, 11:50
If you need a passenger to lend a hand JCM I could be keen(not sure if I can/should come by bike....)

judecatmad
22nd March 2007, 11:56
If you need a passenger to lend a hand JCM I could be keen(not sure if I can/should come by bike....)

Well, with any luck, hubby will be putting in an appearance (you all finally get to see that he's not just one of my imaginary friends! LOL).

But there's lots of seats in a car so anyone who can't make it by bike but still wants to come is very welcome to a lift.

PM me details and we'll do a taxi run before the toy run :D

Madness
22nd March 2007, 15:50
Bump.........

elle-f
22nd March 2007, 18:37
I am keen.........

Dodger
22nd March 2007, 18:45
I'll be there :yes:

MyGSXF
22nd March 2007, 18:47
Can you send me a postal addy please..?? I'll have a dig out & see if I can find a wee something here that we can send up.. :yes:

Jen :rockon:

judecatmad
22nd March 2007, 19:09
Bump.........

Bump from me too....

I will have the car (station wagon - me being bikeless of course *sigh*) so if anyone's got anything from the Wellington area that doesn't go on a bike, PM me and I'll happly come pick it up either tomorrow night or Saturday morning before the meet up.

Nasty
22nd March 2007, 20:50
Great cause and worth the ride .. I am sure a few of the plushies from this way deserve a new home ... maybe even a game .... hmmmm (going hunting)

Madness
22nd March 2007, 21:58
Bumpity bumpity

Grub
22nd March 2007, 22:26
I'm pretty sure Nasty and I will be there too.

Madness
23rd March 2007, 11:18
BUMP

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
23rd March 2007, 11:57
I'll be there

Clivoris
23rd March 2007, 17:49
I'm in.....

team cudby
23rd March 2007, 19:35
Mr team Cudby is coming down with a bag of goodies for the kids.He is looking forward to meeting other KBers. Sorry mrs Team cudby is working so can not come for the ride down.:scooter: :scooter:

Nasty
23rd March 2007, 21:38
Bumpy bump :)

Oh we are in .. oh I said that already!!!

elle-f
23rd March 2007, 21:53
:( realistically i cannot make it sorry. ride safe all :)

Colapop
23rd March 2007, 21:57
I am going to be trying...

........to get there....

Madness
23rd March 2007, 21:59
I am going to be trying...

........to get there....

I am going to......

.......have to buy more sausages then.

Dafe
23rd March 2007, 22:13
I'm really keen to find out what is happening as far as insurance rebuilding Kerry's home etc. I'd love to be given the opportunity to donate Kerry with a new alarm system/smoke detector system fully installed.

Depending on how in-depth Kerry's insurance is. It would be great to see other tradesman chip in a day or two's work if the oppotunity arises.

James Deuce
23rd March 2007, 22:14
RFB Sausages.

Madness
23rd March 2007, 22:22
RFB Sausages.

WTF??
Don't make me nervous Jim. Already I've been recieving PM's about the Sausages. There's some fussy buggers on here :shutup:

James Deuce
23rd March 2007, 22:30
Really Farking Big.

Colapop
23rd March 2007, 22:32
So even I could have a couple...

Madness
24th March 2007, 09:33
Last minute bump.

The Onions made me shed a tear, now I know what it must be like to own a Honda.

James Deuce
24th March 2007, 13:13
Thank you SO much to everyone who turned up. Grub and I counted 22 bikes and there were 3 pillions at least so 25 people.

There was a HUGE pile of toys and books and Sue popped in with the kids a little later on and it was very cool to see them sifting through, playing, and commenting on how some of their toys seemed to have come back a different colour.

Thanks, once again, to the guys at TSS for clearing the carpark, and providing the BBQ and food. Thanks Maximusdemeritus for the expert snag cooking (no spitting sausages), and for the giant sacks of stuff you tried to sneak in. Thanks for the drinks Nasty :)

Everyone who turned up have done a really good thing for someone we can easily say deserved it.

All the rest of you folks sending stuff and donation money and vouchers rock too!

Top marks

MyGSXF
24th March 2007, 14:39
Just off to put our parcel in the post. :yes: My boys (4 1/2 & 11) have been through their bookcases & found a few bits they would like to give to the girls!! :2thumbsup My little ones eyes opened up wide when I told him these poor little girls had lost EVERYTHING!!!! :shit: Just the thought of losing our precious bits & pieces make my eyes misty.. I can't begin to imagine what these people have been through.. :weep: Hoping everything can be sorted for them real soon!!! :Punk:

Jen :rockon:

Trudes
24th March 2007, 15:30
Last minute bump.

The Onions made me shed a tear, now I know what it must be like to own a Honda.

If I'd known there were tears in the onions, I would have said no thanks to the onions.

Was awesome to see the KB (and biking in general) community pull together for a top bloke!! I think we can all give ourselves a pat on the back, but in all honesty, the look on Kerry's face was thanks enough, what a truly humble and sweet bloke he is! I hope his kids found at least a few things to help replace some of the things they lost. I'm just glad they're all ok! (and the bikes of course!):sunny:

Colapop
24th March 2007, 15:46
Kerry is a great bloke and the things he does & thinks of as "nothing special" mean so much to other people. It was really good to be able to do something that meant so much for him.

daveyboy
24th March 2007, 15:58
Great day for it, and cool to meet other kb'ers. Thanks Jim2 for organising :niceone: I've attached a couple of pics for those that couldn't make it.

Grub
24th March 2007, 16:57
Yep Jim, well done in the organising department! Nasty and I have just got home. We did not come straight home to do the washing and lawns. This conversation recorded on our new Nolan Bluetooth Bike-to-Bike intercom {smug look}...

Grub: So where are we goin now?
Nasty: I don't know, we should go home
Grub: Bugger that, look at the day, we're going to Maymorn/Mangaroa/Whitemans valleys and there's a great cafe there
Nasty: But we just had a BBQ!
Grub: OK, just for a coffee then, follow me ...
Nasty: B...t g..e. .we.q {goes out of bluetooth range] :)

Well, we have had a GREAT day and everyone should do this 35km ride and go to the Short Straw Cafe. What a lovely part of hidden Wellington - definately a Newbie ride route..

Oh and who *was* that on the inline 4 doing about 140kliks through the valley about 15:30? Nice sound ... the locals we were visiting with certainly took note ... LOL

Brett

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
24th March 2007, 21:22
Thanks to the organisers - I really enjoyed it and meeting other kbers. The children probably have far more toys now than they had before. I must admit it was fun shopping for them.
Colapop - I was surprised at how slow you were re the "Heinekin Lock" with your penchant for hugging woman - Thank you Nasty for demonstrating it. lol

Colapop
24th March 2007, 22:01
I'm not the animal I'm made out to be... :innocent: