PDA

View Full Version : Piha Rd

craigs288
22nd March 2007, 11:07
I was out riding yesterday afternoon and came across a guy who had stopped his car not far from Lone Kauri road, heading away from Piha, because there was a smashed up bike lying on the side of the road in the bushes.
There was still some warmth in the motor, but cold pipes so maybe it had been crashed there a couple or three hours earlier. It was 4.30 at the time so maybe between 12 and 2-ish.
He said he had just stood it up so that would explain why I hadn't noticed it 20 mins earlier on my way in to Piha. We had a good look around in the surrounding bush area in case the rider had been thrown down a bank.
No sign of any blood or human wreckage so we left it upright and wedged against a tree so it could be easily seen.
The bike was a 1987 VFR 1000 FE, with a current registration.
There is always the possibility it was a stolen bike that had been crashed and dumped there.
Anybody on this site missing one of these, or have a crash yesterday?

bugjuice
22nd March 2007, 11:31
I'd just notify the police..

might be that the rider did cock up the corner, but was ok.. flagged down a ride or called someone (if you can get reception!) and was arranging to get the bike back home..?

car
22nd March 2007, 11:51
might be that the rider did cock up the corner, but was ok.. flagged down a ride or called someone (if you can get reception!) and was arranging to get the bike back home..?

Yeah; and he's just come back to find that, despite his best efforts to hide the bike in a bush before he left, some sod's found it propped against a tree and had away with it.

;)

Macktheknife
22nd March 2007, 16:32
I'd just notify the police..

Absolutely, just in case.
Good onya for stopping to check anyway

The Pastor
22nd March 2007, 19:36
so you've just posted that there is a free vfr on piha road eh? hmmmmmmm parts selling moneys.....