PDA

View Full Version : Broken bits wanted

vifferman
22nd March 2007, 15:47
Does anyone in D'Auckland - preferably central(ish) or North(ish) - have some bits of broken fairing they could donate to me? I need a piece about 200mm square, or alternatively two bits about 200X100 so I can remove the fugly front confirminators from my bike and fill the holes.
Here they are - like bright orange boobies:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55025&d=1172695255

It's really great - if the bike gets dizzy and falls over, the GreatBigBrightOrangeBoobieConfirminators(TM) are invariably the first thing to touch down, and they punch a hole through the fairings.

Pumba
22nd March 2007, 15:57
The bike looks about the same colour blue as a TipTop ice cream container so im sure those would work:dodge:

No sorry I cant be of any real help

Disco Dan
22nd March 2007, 16:04
Looks like you could do with a couple of big nobs... :shutup:

Class fiber is your friend - reinforce the back with the stuff. Can get everything you need in a 'kit' from Repco.

Macktheknife
22nd March 2007, 16:12
Or you could fit flush mount indicators.

vifferman
22nd March 2007, 16:20
Or you could fit flush mount indicators.
That's what I'm doing.
But the current boobie things mount in BIG holes in the fairing, which I need to fill in order to fit the flushmounts.

ManDownUnder
22nd March 2007, 16:22
That's what I'm doing.
But the current boobie things mount in BIG holes in the fairing, which I need to fill in order to fit the flushmounts.

Colemans might? Just up the road from work too

Macktheknife
22nd March 2007, 16:23
Fair enough then, I would just go with a f/glass patch myself, fast and cheap, good finish is easy, bit of paint and move on.
I don't have any fairing bits or you would be welcome to them, sorry mate.