PDA

View Full Version : Rotovegas here I come!

martypants
23rd March 2007, 14:54
YEEHAAA! Off to rotorua today at 4, bandito fuelled, lubed and raring to go. Rotorua loosely translated means 'farking awesome day to ride', or someting to that effect. Been waiting for trip for a couple months now and wondering the last couple days if translated it meant 'shite day, stay in bed'. Had today off to get into the groove as some wanton sex hussie/popstar once said, but realised after 12 when all ready to go and waiting for others to finish work, that the neighbours will think strangely of me if I sit on the bike in the garage making revving noises for the next 4 hours...ah fuck em, prob think Im strange anyway, who cares! Enjoy the weekend fullas and fullesses

idleidolidyll
23rd March 2007, 14:59
make it a fun trip and go via Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Kaiaua, Miranda, Paeroa, Te Aroha then follow the Old Te Aroha rd straight through town instead of turning right to Matamata.

The direct route through H1, H2, H27 etc is goddam boring

I've found the route decribed to be 30km longer but it takes about the same time because:

A. There's bugger all cops or none at all and you can speed a bit.

B. You avoid a lot of the trucks and slower tintops

kiwifruit
23rd March 2007, 15:04
yep, as above

love that old Te Aroha road with all its crazy level changes

Matt Bleck
24th March 2007, 08:45
Beware the Rotoma's!!! :(

saul
24th March 2007, 08:53
yep, as above

love that old Te Aroha road with all its crazy level changes

Beware the tractors, dogs, birdlife, rural delivery drivers and Korn:rockon:

Goblin
24th March 2007, 09:05
Beware the tractors, dogs, birdlife, rural delivery drivers and Korn:rockon:And cartwheeling Hayabusas!:shit: