PDA

View Full Version : North Island: KB Gathering (North, South, East & West) - Queens Birthday '07

Pages : [1] 2

Qkchk
23rd March 2007, 17:10
Rightio guys 'n gals,

It seems no-one has organized a get-together for quite a while. Quasi has organized one a couple of years ago (from what I can find in the achieves) and BlackYoshi1000 (for those who remember him) tried to but couldn't get the support.

What I propose is KBers from North, South, East and West converge together in Turangi (Southern end of Lake Taupo) and have a bloody good time over the three days. Saturday the 2nd, Sunday the 3rd and Monday the 4th of June. Here's a quick outline of what we plan to do:

Saturday
Regional groups ride to Turangi on Saturday (obviously you wouldn't ride direct, its a good chance to explore some roads on the way there), meet and greet Sat arvo over a beer or two. Settle in for the night. Hot Pools in Tokaanu and socializing etc..

Sunday
Go for a big group ride or multiple groups rides (depends on group numbers) Here are some suggestions, Tamuranui Saddle, Lake district - Desert Rd - Ohakune ... Any Ideas for rides please people....
Sunday night have a mass BBQ/(or something else-suggestions?) and drinkies etc

Monday
Say our goodbyes and head back in our groups riding the long way home....

Here are the details of where we are staying and how/where to book:

We are staying at the Turangi Cabins (as used by the Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge) www.turangicabins.co.nz/holiday-park.html

(All details as taken from their site:)

PRICES

Cabins & Chalets
Adult $18.00 Children (2-16 Years) $9.00

On-Site Caravans
Adults (2) $44.00 Children (2-16 Years) $9.00 Additional adult $10.00

Powered sites
Adult $11.00 Children (2-16 Years) $5.50

Tentsites (without power)
Adult $10.00 Children (2-16 Years) $5.00

To make a booking, or even just to enquire about one you can:

E-mail us at info@turangicabins.co.nz
Or ring John & Olwyn Ph/fax 07 386 8754
Mobile 029 120 1676

Can you PLEASE register on the Calendar (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1259) after you have made a booking so we have an idea on who is coming....

So who is coming?

:wari: :wari: :wari: :wari:

Auckland Crew Meeting Point n Time
When: Saturday Morning 2nd June
Where: Papakura BP Autobarn (the one on the Motorway before Drury)
Time: Talk and kick tyres @ 0900 departing @ 0930
Why: Cause we are going the long twisty way around! :ride:

Wellington / Manawatu Meeting Times
Wgtn: Depart Caltex Kaiwhara' 0930
Hutt: Depart Caltex Rimutaka 1000
Travel via Wairarapa; probably take gorge or Saddle due to wind and stop for gas and lunch in Ashhurst (Cafe Blue) and meet-up with P/N riders.

Depart Ashhurst: 1300. Depending on weather will decide best options from there.
Looks good to come back via Wanganui on Monday.

Other groups can you give me a PM with ya meeting place/time details and I'll stick them up here...

This page will be updated with new info/details as they come to hand :tugger:

ajturbo
23rd March 2007, 17:19
june is a long way away.. so it give me pleanty of time to get my shit sorted, also it is int he cold part of the year.. need to get thermals ...

but keep us up to date!!:scooter:

Qkchk
23rd March 2007, 17:25
june is a long way away.. so it give me pleanty of time to get my shit sorted, also it is int he cold part of the year.. need to get thermals ...

It pays to start organising now because the accomodation can be hard to find over a long weekend for a large group.... :yeah: As for the cold - drink more whiskey :yeah: :lol: Hot pools are a must in the venue.

Trudes
23rd March 2007, 18:24
Sounds wicked!!! Glad there'll be hot pools involved (and no Ceebie13, not because I wanna get into my bikini), cause it'll be bloody cold there then!! Cool, bring it on!!:rockon:

White trash
23rd March 2007, 19:22
Oasis was the place we stayed at on KB Rally II and from memory, they tried to fuck us in the arse at leaving time.

I could be wrong but I think they reckoned we owed more money or some shit.

Also, ignore the "No drinks in the pool"sign. That'd make a bloody boring night :D

Colapop
23rd March 2007, 19:31
I should say.. I could be a starter... let out your wives, girlfriends and hos I'll come make them all happy... Yeah I bin drinkin'! And I gonna do some more...

HDTboy
23rd March 2007, 21:23
I heard rumours there's a lodge in tokaanu.
I'd be keen so long as it's not a race weekend

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
23rd March 2007, 22:08
Great idea - I'll be in

Zapf
23rd March 2007, 22:26
great thread. I'll be there!

Lissa
23rd March 2007, 22:44
Should be a good time... will see if I can make it. :)

Mrs Busa Pete
24th March 2007, 05:51
That will be a lot of fun we would be in for that.:2thumbsup :ride: :drinkup:

elle-f
24th March 2007, 06:39
Sounds wicked!!! Glad there'll be hot pools involved (and no Ceebie13, not because I wanna get into my bikini), cause it'll be bloody cold there then!! Cool, bring it on!!:rockon:

GOODNESS! :laugh: that's even scarier than me wearing stilettos

Rashika
24th March 2007, 07:02
bout time someone decided to get this happening in the North Island again, great idea! The southerners had an absolute blast last year at Otematata.

Unfortunately thats Brass monkey weekend for a few of the southerners...not sure what I'd be doing that weekend...have to contemplate.

Disco Dan
24th March 2007, 07:16
in the words of "father jack"....

DRINK !

GIRLS !

Ta colapop ;) hehe

Colapop
24th March 2007, 07:19
Father Jack...

Ms Piggy
24th March 2007, 09:26
Love to! But like White Trash said the last time we stayed at Tokanuu (can't recall the name of the place) the proprietor asked for more $$ when we were leaving and I think the organiser ended up footing the bill. Had a blast though!

I seem to recall being dripping wet and having to peel my clothes off when I went to the loo at Bulls McD's but the weather was sweeeeet on the ride back.

Oh hang just looked at my calendar and it looks like my final 3 essays are due the week after :brick:

tide
24th March 2007, 10:46
mmm yeah I'm keen... :scooter::Punk::drinkup::woohoo:

Qkchk
25th March 2007, 12:43
Love to! But like White Trash said the last time we stayed at Tokanuu (can't recall the name of the place) the proprietor asked for more $$ when we were leaving and I think the organizer ended up footing the bill. Had a blast though!

To save ourselves a lot of misery and hardship (and so no-one can rip us off) and the fact that I ain't going to be paying for someone's wild weekend :finger:- everyone will be responsible for their own bookings (just like we did on the Northern Exposure Tour etc...) If we can all decide on one spot and then I will get the details up here so you can start booking in when you feel the need, the sooner the better........... however, as 80% people on here leave things to the last minute, don't come crying if the place is booked out to other tourists...:dodge:

So is everyone happy about where we are going to have it or do you wanna go somewhere else?

Qkchk
25th March 2007, 12:45
Great idea - I'll be in

I should say.. I could be a starter... let out your wives, girlfriends and hos I'll come make them all happy... Yeah I bin drinkin'! And I gonna do some more...

great thread. I'll be there!

mmm yeah I'm keen... :scooter::Punk::drinkup::woohoo:

Good to see some people wanna go have some fun! :wari:

hedgier1
26th March 2007, 12:38
I could be keen but have to see if I can ride by then..... Hopefully.... It will be a great trip. Can catch up with colabitch and the rest of the crew.
Have to check schedule also.

Hitcher
26th March 2007, 12:51
A multi-day event should have some mandatory meet and mingle requirements. Otherwise things could get a bit cliquey. If it's just a weekend of drunken debauchery and squid-bike hooning, then we're probably past our use-by dates. But if it's something like Quasi's National Park gig from last year, then it may have some appeal in the Hitcher household.

Pumba
26th March 2007, 13:02
Cant see any reason not to be there and can see a number of reasons for being there

Count me in, details pending

Nasty
26th March 2007, 13:51
Sounds like its coming together in the right way .. so me and the grub should be in .. I know he just wants to go riding ... so he would love it!! :yes:

Qkchk
26th March 2007, 15:03
The lastest..........

Got an email back from the Oasis.
Goes something along the lines of: Sorry we do not have enough accomodation for 60 people - otherwords, F#$k off we don't want you here.

Thats fine with me. Meeky Mouse suggested we check out the Taupo Hot Pools and Ive just emailed Debretts Holiday Park and see what they can do for us.......

Any other places we orda check out?

Meekey_Mouse
26th March 2007, 19:31
The lastest..........

Got an email back from the Oasis.
Goes something along the lines of: Sorry we do not have enough accomodation for 60 people - otherwords, F#$k off we don't want you here.

Thats fine with me. Meeky Mouse suggested we check out the Taupo Hot Pools and Ive just emailed Debretts Holiday Park and see what they can do for us.......

Any other places we orda check out?

Just tryin to think of places that are central, with hotpools and good roads around. What about Rotorua? I can't say what the roads are like up there, but it's central, there is heaps of hot pools and lots of places for accomodation :done:

Zukin
26th March 2007, 19:36
Just tryin to think of places that are central, with hotpools and good roads around. What about Rotorua? I can't say what the roads are like up there, but it's central, there is heaps of hot pools and lots of places for accomodation :done:

I think Taupo would be better :yes:
Central to everyone,
I am also working on an Event in Taupo that weekend that may involve a few KBers (they just dont know about it yet) :shutup:

Trudes
26th March 2007, 19:56
What about Morere, about half way between Gisborne and Wairoa, not far from Mahia. Hot pools, camping ground, wicked roads!

Hitcher
26th March 2007, 20:01
What about the camping ground at Turangi? They host the Grand Challenge every year, so can't be too averse to gatherings of bikers. Plenty of food and beverage outlets within walking/staggering distance. Just a short ride up the road to Tokaanu's hot springs...

RiderInBlack
27th March 2007, 07:18
What about the camping ground at Turangi? They host the Grand Challenge every year, so can't be too averse to gatherings of bikers.Just what I was thinking, and there is flasher accommodation for the softies a walk away.

eviltwin
27th March 2007, 07:30
count me in qkkies what an awesome idea!

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
27th March 2007, 09:55
What about Morere, about half way between Gisborne and Wairoa, not far from Mahia. Hot pools, camping ground, wicked roads!

This place is lovely - stayed there at Christmas.

Debretts is good to - they have cabins and tourist flats as well.

If you need help organising please PM me. Cheers

T.I.E
27th March 2007, 10:06
but the brass is calling me that weekend. but otherwise id be there.
nice work.

Quartermile
27th March 2007, 19:14
Sounds good count me in:yes::Punk:

someone migh have to book mine(i'll pay) coz i'm not 18:o

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
28th March 2007, 11:06
Motel in Taupo is Beechtree Motel. Very nice - tell them Vic Club sent ya, hopefully they'll give you a good deal

phantom
28th March 2007, 14:17
A multi-day event should have some mandatory meet and mingle requirements. Otherwise things could get a bit cliquey. If it's just a weekend of drunken debauchery and squid-bike hooning, then we're probably past our use-by dates. But if it's something like Quasi's National Park gig from last year, then it may have some appeal in the Hitcher household.

I'm with you there fellow old fella

Qkchk
28th March 2007, 16:19
What about the camping ground at Turangi? They host the Grand Challenge every year, so can't be too averse to gatherings of bikers. Plenty of food and beverage outlets within walking/staggering distance. Just a short ride up the road to Tokaanu's hot springs...

Just what I was thinking, and there is flasher accommodation for the softies a walk away.

Is it these guys here? http://www.turangicabins.co.nz/holiday-park.html

RiderInBlack
28th March 2007, 17:22
Is it these guys here? http://www.turangicabins.co.nz/holiday-park.html
Those are the Dudes:Punk:

Quartermile
28th March 2007, 19:08
Thats starting to look pretty good especially me me and my poor student ass, but is there hot pools nearby?:shutup:

paturoa
28th March 2007, 19:28
but the brass is calling me that weekend. but otherwise id be there.
nice work.

x2
10chr....

Qkchk
28th March 2007, 19:59
Thats starting to look pretty good especially me me and my poor student ass, but is there hot pools nearby?:shutup:

According to Mr Hitcher they are just a quick ride away.........

Qkchk
28th March 2007, 20:02
Those are the Dudes:Punk:

OK Ive emailed these guys too see if they have the room for us that weekend. Gotta make sure that some other group/club hasn't already booked it out...........but these guys look the best bet so far. :first:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
28th March 2007, 20:16
Um how does one get to Turangi and/or where is it in relation to Taupo - I've been there but geography was NEVER my strongpoint.

Qkchk
28th March 2007, 20:21
Um how does one get to Turangi and/or where is it in relation to Taupo - I've been there but geography was NEVER my strongpoint.

Approx 15mins ride south of Taupo from what I can remember.........on the other side of Lake Taupo. Riding up from Wellington - it's at the end of the Desert Road.

NUTBAR
28th March 2007, 20:23
hey count me in, could do with meeting up & catching up with kbrs for a weekend.

might be a cold weekend
hey jazz are you coming.:innocent:

Quartermile
28th March 2007, 20:55
Is it in the events calender yet, for us to register our attendance?

Hitcher
28th March 2007, 21:57
According to Mr Hitcher they are just a quick ride away...

5-10 minutes. Tops.

Quartermile
28th March 2007, 22:02
Yusssssss:woohoo:

Meekey_Mouse
28th March 2007, 22:51
hey count me in, could do with meeting up & catching up with kbrs for a weekend.

might be a cold weekend
hey jazz are you coming.:innocent:

Lol, what Jazz are you talkin to? :confused:

Zapf
28th March 2007, 23:02
Approx 15mins ride south of Taupo from what I can remember.........on the other side of Lake Taupo. Riding up from Wellington - it's at the end of the Desert Road.

Hot pools will be a problem. Lets say that if.... somehow someone was dripping wet, I don't see how I would be pleased to ride up the road just to get hot pools in dripping wet cold clothing :P

Quartermile
28th March 2007, 23:35
Hot pools will be a problem. Lets say that if.... somehow someone was dripping wet, I don't see how I would be pleased to ride up the road just to get hot pools in dripping wet cold clothing :P
Thats where a nifty invetion called a towel comes in:yes:, nah but I see where you're coming from

RiderInBlack
29th March 2007, 06:22
They have a descent size hall as part of that camp, so just right for boogie:wari: :wari:

Qkchk
29th March 2007, 16:12

Well there is nowhere else avail for a large group which has pools onsite, so I guess we will have to get creative - hopefully some peeps will be bringing cars down so we might be able to do a bit of greasing.........or we could look at hiring a minibus taxi etc... Is it too far to walk Hitcher?

BTW Got an email back from Debretts - no show, not enough room. So all eyes are on the Turangi Cabins.....fingers crossed.

Qkchk
29th March 2007, 16:12
They have a descent size hall as part of that camp, so just right for boogie:wari: :wari:

Sounds like a fine plan my man. :wari:

chanceyy
29th March 2007, 16:40
this sounds like a great plan .. I am scheduled to work the sat ... but finish at 5pm & figure by then i should be up for nite riding .. & its only a couple of hours away .. hmmmmmmmm

time to see wot plans the posse has .....

avgas
29th March 2007, 17:06
Hmmm sounds tempting - will have to steal the pannier bags off the ol man and chuck a tent fly (to tie onto bike - mobile accomodations) and the thermal bag aside.

Qkchk
29th March 2007, 17:17
Hmmm sounds tempting - will have to steal the pannier bags off the ol man and chuck a tent fly (to tie onto bike - mobile accomodations) and the thermal bag aside.

There are cabins available to first in first served - But Ive yet to hear back from them so I cant give the green light to book just of yet............but I'll let everyone know when we have confirmed accomodation.

ceebie13
29th March 2007, 17:21
...and no Ceebie13, not because I wanna get into my bikini, but because it'll be bloody cold there then!!

Phwoar!!!! drums fingers on desk and daydreams :-)

Hang on... it'll be cold where, Trudi?? :shutup:

Trudes
29th March 2007, 19:10
Phwoar!!!! drums fingers on desk and daydreams :-)

Hang on... it'll be cold where, Trudi?? :shutup:

Jeeze, took you long enough!

Scorpygirl
29th March 2007, 19:17
Bugger guys - Rhino and I can't make this one. We arrive back in NZ from Aussie late on the Saturday and then have stuff to organise. Maybe the next one.

Toaster
29th March 2007, 20:44
Sounds cool. Will have to check my diary a bit closer to the time.

86GSXR
29th March 2007, 21:20
This sounds like a distinct possibility. I've spent a lot of time in Turangi due to having a place there (unfortunately rented out at the mo). Still have access to the boat though:yes:

The cabins are good, literally have two single beds and a table in them. Plus a one bar heater, and thats a good thing:yes: They're about $20.00 per person, and there are several caravans as well. I think there are some larger cabins onsite too? Big hall. Reasonably conservative proprietors.

If hedonism is required, Club Habitat opposite the fire station is the place to be. Lot's of rooms, from basic to motel like units. PLUS, they have a bar which has the coolest barman in the central North Island. Meaning he won't throw anyone out just because of the clock on the wall. And it's got a cool garden bar! And resturant. And big screen TV, and a great sound system.

Huge grounds and lot's of dry gathering places, and it's a short walk to the cabin park.

Hot pools are approx 4 km down the road in Tokaanu. Yes, there is a Lodge there. And the Oasis, just make sure the owners are clear, and pay cash so they can't get at your credit card.

Plenty of amazing rides around the area!

Turangi is 50 km south of Taupo on SH 1.

Several decent cafes.

Be warned though, it's light years removed from Taupo:yes:

chanceyy
29th March 2007, 21:26
Plenty of amazing rides around the area!

Turangi is 50 km south of Taupo on SH 1.

Several decent cafes.

Be warned though, it's light years removed from Taupo:yes:

sounds like my kinda place ;) yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :Punk:

Hitcher
29th March 2007, 21:41
Be warned though, it's light years removed from Taupo

And that's not a bad thing. I have been to and through Taupo many times and I still don't get it, other than to surmise that if god were to give the North Island an enema, that's probably where the hose would be inserted.

chanceyy
29th March 2007, 21:45
And that's not a bad thing. I have been to and through Taupo many times and I still don't get it, other than to surmise that if god were to give the North Island an enema, that's probably where the hose would be inserted.

:killingme well said there hitcher ... bling awarded .... hate the damn place ;)

86GSXR
29th March 2007, 22:08

You're onto it Hitcher:yes: As long as the Mountain didn't go off and bury Turangi:yes:

The Southern Lake is great, the only small problem being the locals can get a little 'light fingered' at times, but I believe they've been told off for this.

ceebie13
30th March 2007, 07:40
Jeeze, took you long enough!

Yeah, Lyn tells me that all the time!!! :shutup:

pinkhoggirl
30th March 2007, 16:19
Well there is nowhere else avail for a large group which has pools onsite, so I guess we will have to get creative - hopefully some peeps will be bringing cars down so we might be able to do a bit of greasing.........or we could look at hiring a minibus taxi etc... Is it too far to walk Hitcher?

BTW Got an email back from Debretts - no show, not enough room. So all eyes are on the Turangi Cabins.....fingers crossed.

I AM IN for this one - sounds like GREEEAAAAT fun!! Let me know when you start booking etc. and if ya need a hand...
:rockon:
Great idea QKS!

Qkchk
30th March 2007, 16:25
This sounds like a distinct possibility. I've spent a lot of time in Turangi due to having a place there (unfortunately rented out at the mo). Still have access to the boat though:yes:

I may have to have a word in your ear cause there's no substitute for local knowledge - specially when it comes down to roads to ride on!

86GSXR
1st April 2007, 08:47
I may have to have a word in your ear cause there's no substitute for local knowledge - specially when it comes down to roads to ride on!

Certainly, PM sent:yes:

Macktheknife
1st April 2007, 13:31
I could be keen for this one, must check with her indoors and see what other things are on the board that i have not yet been informed of.
Great idea Qks, good onya.

stelartia
1st April 2007, 17:12
will be there

Kittyhawk
1st April 2007, 20:22
Road trip, party, road trip.........sounds awesome. Will confirm closer to the time.

Qkchk
3rd April 2007, 20:42
1. Still havent heard from the Turangi Cabins, HOWEVER
I have found another email address (and I have a funny feeling they havent updated their website recently) and have sent another email off to them tonight, so will hopefully have a educated answer by the end of the week.

2. I know some of you want me to put this in the Calendar but since the accomodation details aren't set yet, I'll wait til we have heard back from Turangi.....

jafar
8th April 2007, 11:20
I'll be in for this too , sounds like a good way to spend the qweens birfday weakend :innocent:

NUTBAR
8th April 2007, 17:41
Lol, what Jazz are you talkin to? :confused:

theirs only one jas that i have met,
& shes quite a hotie.:yes: :lol:

Qkkid
8th April 2007, 17:48

:shutup: HARDEN UP YA BIG GIRL:bleh:

wraith
8th April 2007, 18:19
To save ourselves a lot of misery and hardship (and so no-one can rip us off) and the fact that I ain't going to be paying for someone's wild weekend :finger:- everyone will be responsible for their own bookings (just like we did on the Northern Exposure Tour etc...) If we can all decide on one spot and then I will get the details up here so you can start booking in when you feel the need, the sooner the better........... however, as 80% people on here leave things to the last minute, don't come crying if the place is booked out to other tourists...:dodge:

So is everyone happy about where we are going to have it or do you wanna go somewhere else?

sounds good to us.. pm us if you get details.. prices etc, as my son is keen to join me.

Qkchk
11th April 2007, 13:52
Here's an update:

I have found us our gathering place! :wari:

Yes it will be the Turangi Cabins (as used by the Rusty Nuts GC) and I will be able to post up the whole details in a day or so. Just sorting it out with the campsite for costs etc...... there is even talk of a "package deal" with accomodation and breakfast/dinner included but Im still trying to sort this out with them now............

All the nessary details will be up on here in the next couple of days, :zzzz: so stay posted!

Once I have the whole details this will be posted in the calendar events so you can it on your reminder list.... :yeah:

chanceyy
11th April 2007, 14:23
Great stuff .. whoooo hoooo :rockon: queens birthday weekend !!! :yes:

Pumba
11th April 2007, 15:19
Good stuff Qkchk, ill be waiting:wait:

Macktheknife
11th April 2007, 15:22
and a little biker waits.....
Might even be able to make this one guys, will confirm a bit later.

pritch
16th April 2007, 10:43

Yeah the motor camp in Turangi was quite big. It used to be the single men's camp for the hydro construction projects. It's a few years since I was there, it was basic but as Hitcher says, it's handy.

socialites
17th April 2007, 09:07
We would be interrested in joining the weekend away on Queens birthday.

Zapf
19th April 2007, 23:15
:shutup: HARDEN UP YA BIG GIRL:bleh:

oh shit... I better run. Never know what you are going to do with a gal... :P

ZeroIndex
23rd April 2007, 03:51
Wow, that sounds interesting... if i have money then, I'll be in definitely

chanceyy
23rd April 2007, 10:51
so any more news on this one ?

do we have cabins that need booking yet ?

:rockon: looking forward to this one ...

pritch
24th April 2007, 15:11
If it looks like becoming a plan I'd be interested...

Qkchk
26th April 2007, 15:48
Ok people here is the details of where we are staying and how/where to book:

We are staying at the Turangi Cabins (as used by the Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge) www.turangicabins.co.nz/holiday-park.html

All details as taken from their site:
PRICES

Cabins & Chalets

Adult $18.00 Children (2-16 Years) $9.00

On-Site Caravans

Adults (2) $44.00 Children (2-16 Years) $9.00 Additional adult $10.00

Powered sites

Adult $11.00 Children (2-16 Years) $5.50

Tentsites (without power)

Adult $10.00 Children (2-16 Years) $5.00

To make a booking, or even just to enquire about one you can:

E-mail us at info@turangicabins.co.nz

Or ring John & Olwyn Ph/fax 07 386 8754

Mobile 029 120 1676

All details will now be up on the Calendar (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1259), after making a booking can you PLEASE register your name on there so we have an idea whos coming along.....

Qkkid
27th April 2007, 22:02
.......bumpity bump............

sels1
27th April 2007, 22:22
.......bumpity bump............

OK, calander marked, but too early to commit - have to how some other things pan out.

phantom
28th April 2007, 20:14
OK, calander marked, but too early to commit - have to how some other things pan out.

Ditto for me

Qkkid
30th April 2007, 17:26
:yes: A few people have started to book so ya better start thinkin about it soon:Punk: not that far away now and remembering its a long weekend so things book up quickly:gob:

Qkkid
2nd May 2007, 17:25
...........bump

Toaster
6th May 2007, 21:39
Should be a good time... will see if I can make it. :)

Better watch out for them stalkers in them bushes though!! Tokanu is full of em'

Toaster
6th May 2007, 21:43
Has there been anything said about support vehicles etc? I could take the wagon down, but that would mean I can't ride... and that would really suck.

I am in Wellington the weekend before and have a fair bit on, but will check if I can make it soon. Sounds like a great weekend if the weather behaves.

chanceyy
7th May 2007, 19:37
Has there been anything said about support vehicles etc? I could take the wagon down, but that would mean I can't ride... and that would really suck.

I am in Wellington the weekend before and have a fair bit on, but will check if I can make it soon. Sounds like a great weekend if the weather behaves.

as i have to work til 5pm on the sat .. we are trailering the bikes up that evening .. so the truck & trailer will be at the site for any breakdowns ..

have already pmed the quicks to advise ;) ...

sunhuntin
7th May 2007, 23:06
i might be a goer for this, but not sure yet.

Meekey_Mouse
13th May 2007, 16:05
Wow! This is just 3 weeks away :shit: :Punk:

ZeroIndex
13th May 2007, 16:40
Wow! This is just 3 weeks away :shit: :Punk:

hmmmm.... I'm doing the MotoTT trackday on the 25th, so I'm trying to work out if I'm gonna afford the Queens Birthday KB Gathering... damn my lack of decent income...

johnnyflash
13th May 2007, 16:56
Yep, we'll be there, bike needs a decent stretch ;-)

Toaster
13th May 2007, 17:13
Yep, we'll be there, bike needs a decent stretch ;-)

Not sure if I am able to go yet, but if so, will be good to see another cruiser there.

johnnyflash
13th May 2007, 17:54
Not sure if I am able to go yet, but if so, will be good to see another cruiser there.

look forward to catching up toaster, lifes too short NOT TOO go, might just have to get the thermals out tho :-):cold: but at least we dont need to use newspaper anymore hehehe.

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
15th May 2007, 15:11
Booked my accommodation today. I should be well and truly over the flu by then.

buellbabe
16th May 2007, 11:59
Well I hope you all have a bloody excellent time.
Damnit! I have other commitments so can't join ya.
:rockon: :Punk: :cold: :drinkup: :drinkup:

Pumba
16th May 2007, 12:46
All booked and ready to go, not far away now people

Lissa
16th May 2007, 13:23
Will find out if any of the Rapa people are keen for this ride/weekend.. dont think they even know about it.

chanceyy
16th May 2007, 14:20
Will find out if any of the Rapa people are keen for this ride/weekend.. dont think they even know about it.

get them rapa ppl sorted there lissa .. LOL will be a great weekend ;)

Kinje
16th May 2007, 15:37

Yeah I would come but I have other commitments. Will be half way through a South Island trip to the Brass Monkey :cold::beer: :drinkup: :drinkup: :D :headbang: :crazy: :wari:

Lissa
16th May 2007, 15:40
Yeah I would come but I have other commitments. Will be half way through a South Island trip to the Brass Monkey :cold::beer: :drinkup: :drinkup: :headbang: :crazy: :wari:
That doesnt sound like fun at all!!!

think you missed a smilie in your post brent: :drinkup: :drinkup: :sick:

ajturbo
16th May 2007, 18:15
sorry people .. i have to say NO this time... other commitments .. and

well i have to keep to a budget NOW... grrrr ( little birdy :love: just remined me about COMMITMENT... to my bike ... dam that voice of reason)

service the BUELL

racing costs

rent

bills

save for BUELL rally in south Island...

chanceyy
16th May 2007, 18:32
sorry people .. i have to say NO this time... other commitments .. and

well i have to keep to a budget NOW... grrrr ( little birdy :love: just remined me about COMMITMENT... to my bike ... dam that voice of reason)

service the BUELL

racing costs

rent

bills

save for BUELL rally in south Island...

:killingme .. welcome to the real world mate ;)

yod
16th May 2007, 18:52
i might be able to do a cruise up with whoever is going north on saturday but i'll have to carry on to taupo and then over to napier (gee what a hassle, highway 5:rockon:) - got a prior commitment on the east coast that weekend

then maybe come back over on the monday and ride back down with you bums - depends on the timing tho...

F5 Dave
17th May 2007, 12:21
ok might be a go, Wiff checking if she has something planned. Don't need to book, have somewhere to kip within stumbling distance. If she doesn't come I can have the electric vest to myself -- Bwahahahaha!

chanceyy
17th May 2007, 18:18
i might be able to do a cruise up with whoever is going north on saturday but i'll have to carry on to taupo and then over to napier (gee what a hassle, highway 5:rockon:) - got a prior commitment on the east coast that weekend

then maybe come back over on the monday and ride back down with you bums - depends on the timing tho...

we trailering bikes up/down since i have to work til 5pm :cry:

F5 Dave
18th May 2007, 09:27
Hey RZ, cool bike, just bought another one, sort of.

Mrs Busa Pete
18th May 2007, 09:32

Shit due to work commitments,finances,dogs and the fact that our house is on the market we can't make it but have a good time guys.

Morcs
18th May 2007, 10:39
2 trips down those ways in one year is just too much.

Bring on the Cold Kiwi :D

Meekey_Mouse
18th May 2007, 20:35
2 trips down those ways in one year is just too much.

Bring on the Cold Kiwi :D

Don't mean to take this off topic... but what, when and were is the Coldkiwi!! Some on gave me a link to it, but I didn't book mark it! :doh:

MidnightMike
18th May 2007, 20:51
Don't mean to take this off topic... but what, when and were is the Coldkiwi!! Some on gave me a link to it, but I didn't book mark it! :doh:

Pretty much freezing your ass of doing biker stuff :rofl:, google it.

Toaster
18th May 2007, 21:00
Booked my accommodation today. I should be well and truly over the flu by then.

Hey BMW did they say much about vacancies left?

Quartermile
19th May 2007, 11:46
http://www.coldkiwi.co.nz/ :D

Pumba
21st May 2007, 08:35

I booked mine last wednesday and they didnt seam to worried, best you give them a call

johnnyflash
21st May 2007, 16:24

Just send em an email toaster, when I booked a week or so ago they said they had plenty of cabins etc.. Turangi Cabins cabinsgalore@xtra.co.nz

Lissa
22nd May 2007, 21:20
Although I would love to meet some more KBers I cant come.. cause I'am a big chicken and dont want to ride up by myself. Next time aye! Although I am thinking of doing the cold kiwi in September.. you guys have fun!! :Punk: But not too much fun, cause I wont be there :(

Nasty
23rd May 2007, 07:18
Although I would love to meet some more KBers I cant come.. cause I'am a big chicken and dont want to ride up by myself. Next time aye! Although I am thinking of doing the cold kiwi in September.. you guys have fun!! :Punk: But not too much fun, cause I wont be there :(

You could of course ride with us!

chanceyy
23rd May 2007, 07:30
You could of course ride with us!

there ya go lissa .. there is a plan :D then ya won't miss out on the fun ..

phantom
23rd May 2007, 08:31
Get yourself to Palmerston North and come up with me. I don't bite and I ride like a nana

chanceyy
23rd May 2007, 10:13
Get yourself to Palmerston North and come up with me. I don't bite and I ride like a nana

don't bite :shit: ... much :dodge:

lissa, Phantom is great Kber .. you will be safe :yes:

& Phantom .. what happens on tour stays on tour .. although we can have our laff moments when your fixing our PC's huh ;)

tri boy
23rd May 2007, 11:01
emailed the nice people at the camp ground re: hiring sheets/blankets etc as riding two up, sleeping bags, blah blah is a pain.
Linen and blankets, $5 a night. Hope the blankets are as thick as me.:lol: :cold:
A good swig or two of spirits should warm the cockles,.... and other bits:drinkup: :killingme

yod
23rd May 2007, 11:50

i might be riding up from palmy too - wont be staying with you lot in turangi tho - i gotta head over to the hawkes bay but i couldnt miss out on an excuse to go careering around the countryside on 2 wheels

i dont bite and i ain't exactly speed personified either lol

Lissa
24th May 2007, 09:59
Thanks everyone for offering to ride with me... "Chicken chick" *hug*. I'm still trying to orgainse a babysitter, and I would have to buy large amounts of thermals for this trip.

Nasty
24th May 2007, 10:02
Thanks everyone for offering to ride with me... "Chicken chick" *hug*. I'm still trying to orgainse a babysitter, and I would have to buy large amounts of thermals for this trip.

Thermals from the Postie plus reasonable price :) ... don't think you are a chicken chick I get to go cos I got the grub to ride with ...so you joining makes more fun!

chanceyy
24th May 2007, 10:42

go to factory shops, there is a great one in palmy .. merino thermals seconds for around $20 bucks .. brought some last yr .. will get some more & some long johns methinks ;)

F5 Dave
24th May 2007, 11:10
Riding in the middle of the day isn't too bad, it's colder upon sunset though. Wet weather gear helps insulate better -Even if it's warehouse stuff over your usual (cut off the hood). Decent glove will be a cheap investment.

Course with my wife not going I'll be able to use the electric vest. - What?:innocent:

chanceyy
24th May 2007, 11:49
Riding in the middle of the day isn't too bad, it's colder upon sunset though. Wet weather gear helps insulate better -Even if it's warehouse stuff over your usual (cut off the hood). Decent glove will be a cheap investment.

Course with my wife not going I'll be able to use the electric vest. - What?:innocent:

which is why we are trailering the bikes up after I finish work at 5pm ... will definately be chilly by then

Qkchk
24th May 2007, 15:30
Sorry guys

Some of you may be wondering why I havent been on this thread for a while, let alone KB. Most of you would probably know now that my Dad passed away on the 18th. Alot of my time and energy has been invested with him and Mum (as you would understand) since he didnt have much time left.

However myself and Qkkid are still coming down (got to get on with life huh...) but we havent made any concrete plans on where we will be riding too on the Sunday. I am aware there are a few KBers coming up/down to Turangi and have very good local knowledge. Should we have a group meeting when we get there on the Saturday night and just play it by ear? Would that suit everyone? We have a couple of ideas on where too go but there may be better roads/rides out there.

What do you guys think?

Maybe a good suggestion for all to bring a roadmap of the area if you have mapbook at home!

Nasty
24th May 2007, 15:33
Sorry guys.... What do you guys think?/....
Maybe a good suggestion for all to bring a roadmap of the area if you have mapbook at home!

We will bring our motorcycle map up with us .. we find all sorts of rides on that .... :) no need to apologise ...

Pumba
24th May 2007, 16:45
Should we have a group meeting when we get there on the Saturday night and just play it by ear?

Make it up as we go along, it do that most days of the week so why break a habit.

:) no need to apologise ...

Ill second that

F5 Dave
24th May 2007, 17:14
Well I've got accom sorted so it looks like I am coming, well unless there is a snow storm. So I've put my name on the calendar, hurry up & follow suit all those others who are coming.

Food. Have to think about that seeing as Turangi is pretty average in that department. Four fish is ok(ish) but expensive. Burger bar dreadful. Chinese is ok(ish). Ahh we'll sort something out.

KoroJ
24th May 2007, 17:56
We (the registered Wgtn & Manawatu riders) have started to organise our route and timings for the rides there and back.

Anyone not registered but going, let us know if want to ride with the group.

johnnyflash
24th May 2007, 21:01
We were planning on heading south out of the Nth Shore just after 8am. Is there a official meeting place & time for those wishing to joining the group ride south? We will be tootling down at normal space speed,(not warp 9.. well mostly :innocent: ) stopping for fuel every 190-200kms so probably Cambridge-Putararu then Taupo.. which is as far as I risk this small tank....:sick:

hedgier1
25th May 2007, 16:48
Hey guys.
I am sorry but I cannot make the Weekend with ya all. I have my kids for the weekend. And two kids and me on the bike just won't work as they hate my bike. Oh well!
Have a great weekeend and hope to catch up with ya all at some stage.

Meekey_Mouse
25th May 2007, 17:06
Hey guys... I'm bout 95% sure I won't be able to make it. I don't want to clock up so many kms on the 2 smoker and I doubt the Hyo project will be finished in time :bye:

Hope you all have a great weekend :Punk: and if you need a brake/coffee/wanna see they Hyo project in Taupo... just send a PM :yes:

Qkchk, my condolences :hug:

Baldyheed
26th May 2007, 06:04
Have a good weekend, am stuck on night shifts, so cannot make it.

Qkkid
27th May 2007, 17:49
:scooter: Lets hope for great weather not long to go now:sunny: :love:

NinjaNanna
27th May 2007, 17:51
Weekend pass from very understanding wife - price not yet known
Baby Sitter booked - $100
Bike Washed - $free
Accomodations booked - $38
Registered attendance - $free

forgetting to buy thermals before Friday!!!! - PRICELESS

So where's the designated Auckland meeting place - Bar Africa - Shell Westgate - Papakura ?????

Can't wait !!!!

Nasty
27th May 2007, 18:03
Due to the Grubs off we won't be comming ... have to look forward to meeting you all at the next one ....:yes:

Pumba
27th May 2007, 19:10
Looking foward to a good clear out.

I dont know if anyone has thought of route down for the auckland fook so im goin to put my 2cents in. I was thinking meet at Autobarn at a time, from there tve come up with two options

Option 1

Head South to Tuakau, State 22 to Waingaro, Waingaro through to the Raglan Divi Rd (there is a very small section of gravel in here), from here through to Pirongia, State 39 to Otorohunga, state 3 to Te Kuiti and on to Eight Mile Junction, State 4 to Tamranui. From here you can turn off on to State 41 an on to Turangi or from Tamranui to national Park and then Turnoff to Turangi.

Option 2

Head south to Cambridge via 1B, Cambridge to Piarere, then on to Horahora Rd, Then on to The Old Taupo Rd, just outside Tokoroa we turn onto State 32 to Whakamaru, then via the Western Bypass to Turangi.

As I say Just my two cents on possible south bound routes.

tri boy
27th May 2007, 19:21
Those sound like two good routes Pumba.:yes:
Hope to see you and the other Akld crew at a meeting point.:scooter:

NinjaNanna
27th May 2007, 20:00
Hi Guys

I've never worn thermals before, so I would appreciate advice on what to wear on this ride.

I was planning on wearing my leathers so what I really need to know is what to wear over the thermals and under the jacket, to stay warm.

I'm not a total softy, I rode through three -5degC winters in Canberra only a couple of years ago but really do not want to be under prepared for this.

Cheers

NN

ajturbo
27th May 2007, 20:04

looks like we will be only up on the saturday for a ride....
but where are we all meeting for th eride uP.. am i looking in the wrong place???... blond moments i thinks

chanceyy
27th May 2007, 20:09
but where are we all meeting for th eride uP.. am i looking in the wrong place???... blond moments i thinks

Hi AJ get in touch with Koroj he was organising route up .. We will not be up there til about 7.30pm .. dunna finish work til 5pm

Pumba
27th May 2007, 20:48
Hi Guys

I've never worn thermals before, so I would appreciate advice on what to wear on this ride.

I was planning on wearing my leathers so what I really need to know is what to wear over the thermals and under the jacket, to stay warm.

I'm not a total softy, I rode through three -5degC winters in Canberra only a couple of years ago but really do not want to be under prepared for this.

Cheers

NN

Hi Ninga, for me Ill be wearing leathers, liner in the my leather jacket, and I will be carrying a slevless vest to put on overtop if I get cold. As for the bottem part I might be looking at getting a pair of long thermal pants. Personally that will be all I need, but ive got a good healthy (or unhealthy if your part of the medical profession) layer of insulation to see me right

KoroJ
27th May 2007, 23:22

PM sent.

Proposed routes to/from Turangi (310 km direct SH1)

J’ville - Rimutakas – Masterton – Mangamaire – Pahiatua Track – Ashhurst – Kimbolton – Rangiwahia – Mangaweka or Utiku – Taihape – Desert Rd – Turangi (387 kms)

Turangi – National Park – Raetihi – Wanganui – Fordell – Hunterville – Vinegar Hill – Colyton – Ashhurst – Saddle – Masterton – Rimutakas – J’ville (482 km)

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 19:43
Ok now that Ive got back online, me and Qkkid have come up with a plan of attack - Sounds very similar to what PUMBA has suggested........

When: This Saturday Morning (2nd June)
Where: Papakura Autobarn (Also known as the Papakura BP on the Motorway)
Time: Meet up and have a chinwag @ 0900 departing @ 0930
Why: Because we are going the long way around! :ride:

We will be departing at Papakura heading down SH1 to Ngaruawahia then turning off taking the back road through Pirongia to Otorohanga then riding through to Taumarunui (SH4) then connecting to Turangi via the Taumarunui Saddle (very nice roads through here!). Its the long way round but is far more Motorbike friendly - Corner carving! However we are open to suggestions on different roads.......

Anyone who is keen on a good ride but cant go all the way down to Turangi is welcome to tag along for the ride and if you decide you want to come down and stay, Im sure there would be cabins still available let alone some spaces amoungst some KB cabins.......

86GSXR
28th May 2007, 19:52
Hey AK crew. Really looking forward to this one. Just a heads up that just north of Taumarunui can be a bit of a hotbed for mufti cops due to the great road, and the saddle can be very damp and slippery all day. We did this route yesterday, one of us was ticketed in said location, and once on the saddle it was still wet at 2.00 pm. Have a great ride!

Lissa
28th May 2007, 19:56
Hey guys.. I cant make this trip, cant book a babysitter for that long :( on shortish notice. Hope you have a great time, take loads of piccies, try not to get a hangover and next time I will make sure I book or arrange it better.

Might be heading up that way with the rapa crew in a few months time, so maybe we could arrange to meet some of you all.

Condolences Qkchk/Qkkid.. enjoy yourselves. :sunny:

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 20:04
Those sound like two good routes Pumba.:yes:
Hope to see you and the other Akld crew at a meeting point.:scooter:

Could possibly meet you somewhere along the Pirongia Road?

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 20:07
So is there any last minute bookings people?

tri boy
28th May 2007, 20:12
Could possibly meet you somewhere along the Pirongia Road?

Sounds good. Whatawhata, Pirongia, etc. If someone wants to PM me with a mobile #, i can be in touch, Re meeting time/place on Sat.:yes:

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 20:21
Sounds good. Whatawhata, Pirongia, etc. If someone wants to PM me with a mobile #, i can be in touch, Re meeting time/place on Sat.:yes:

PM Sent.......

ali
28th May 2007, 20:36
Sounds like a great weekend, as i haven't met any other KBers yet, it would have been good to way to meet like-minded folks ( assumning someone else out there likes rum ).

Have a family outing planned in Castlepoint ( Wairarapa ) great bike ride, pity we have to take the car ( can't fit 3 on the Honda )

They do have a Burger King in Turangi, so all is not lost in the food dept.

Was in Turangi this weekend, bloody cold, so wrap up warm.

chanceyy
28th May 2007, 20:39
hmm good point .. thermals all ready to go .. but need to locate camera & get it on charge LOL

really looking forward to the down time this weekend .. rock on sat :D

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 20:49
Here's my quick list....

- Touring Map (In case Qkkid gets lost :p)
- Thermals (would be bloody mad if I forgot these!)
- Credit card / Cash to fund the fat cats @ BP, Mobil, Caltex and Shell
- Extra, extra, extra warm sleeping bag
- Togs (yeah for the hot pools down the road!)
- Camera, still and maybe video (shame I havent got a mount on the bike)
- No-Doz (so I can stay awake after 9pm)
- Assortment of Food that only requires a Microwave

Hmm I think thats it...............?

johnnyflash
28th May 2007, 21:23
As this is the first KB ride we have joined in, one Question tho, for those of us old farts who tend to toodle along on our cruisers, we dont want to cramp your style if you sport types like to travel a bit quicker, any idea of cruising speeds, or do you have various groups, anyhoo we will see u all at the Papkura BP no doubt,

johnnyflash
28th May 2007, 21:26
Here's my quick list....

- Credit CLIP
...............?

maps ??, geez, next u will be telling me you also take along a video to watch while travelling down... hell times HAVE changed, ive always gone from sighpost to signpost LOL

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 21:28
As this is the first KB ride we have joined in, one Question tho, for those of us old farts who tend to toodle along on our cruisers, we dont want to cramp your style if you sport types like to travel a bit quicker, any idea of cruising speeds, or do you have various groups, anyhoo we will see u all at the Papkura BP no doubt,

I cant afford to lose my licence - its how I earn my bread 'n butter..... We tend to cruise @ 110-120kph but only in a blue moon will I got over the 40+ zone now.

yod
28th May 2007, 21:41
PM sent.

Proposed routes to/from Turangi (310 km direct SH1)

J’ville - Rimutakas – Masterton – Mangamaire – Pahiatua Track – Ashhurst – Kimbolton – Rangiwahia – Mangaweka or Utiku – Taihape – Desert Rd – Turangi (387 kms)

Turangi – National Park – Raetihi – Wanganui – Fordell – Hunterville – Vinegar Hill – Colyton – Ashhurst – Saddle – Masterton – Rimutakas – J’ville (482 km)

hey mate - what time you reckon you'll be coming through ashhurst ?

not sure, but i could be heading up to turangi then over to napier and its always nicer to ride with a group...

Qkkid
28th May 2007, 22:05
Here's my quick list....

-Hmm I think thats it...............?

WTF ???
:gob: BLOODY CHEEKY BITCH:love:

chanceyy
28th May 2007, 22:18
WTF ???
:gob: BLOODY CHEEKY BITCH:love:

looks like she knows you well there kid :killingme

must say I just brought one to have in my tank bag :lol:

tri boy
28th May 2007, 22:48

Don't sweat the "speed" thing. I'm riding two up, and get the bash if i get too cleaver.:bash: 120ish sounds about right. Fingers crossed weather holds good.

KoroJ
29th May 2007, 08:24
hey mate - what time you reckon you'll be coming through ashhurst ?

not sure, but i could be heading up to turangi then over to napier and its always nicer to ride with a group...

Probably around midday. Might be a good place to stop for lunch to meet-up with the Manawatu KB'ers at the Cafe Blue, on the main road. They seem quite pleasant and biker friendly.

Pumba
29th May 2007, 08:34
Here's my quick list....

- Credit card / Cash to fund the fat cats @ BP, Mobil, Caltex and Shell
- Extra, extra, extra warm sleeping bag
- Togs (yeah for the hot pools down the road!)
- Camera, still and maybe video (shame I havent got a mount on the bike)
- No-Doz (so I can stay awake after 9pm)
- Assortment of Food that only requires a Microwave

Hmm I think thats it...............?

Might want to add a set of wets to that list:shutup:and supplies :drinknsin

Im all for positive thinking but would hate to be caught out http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni&noofdays=all although I must say it has improved since I cheecked it yesterday so fingures crossed.

Qkchk
29th May 2007, 15:36
Might want to add a set of wets to that list:shutup:and supplies :drinknsin

Im all for positive thinking but would hate to be caught out http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni&noofdays=all although I must say it has improved since I cheecked it yesterday so fingures crossed.

I WAS going to put that up but I didnt want to change our luck, knowing Murphy he'll be reading this very thread!
I probaly will bring them anyway. :psst:

From what Ive heard there is a "Supply Shop:drinkup:" just down the road so I wont be carrying any down with me....... Taupo isnt that far away if we don't have the required shop at Turangi.

Had a quick looksie at www.metservice.co.nz at their future Barometric Maps and it looks like there is a huge High over Auzzie on Friday that (hopefully, fingers crossed) might move faster than they predict. We might have showers on Sat/Sunday but it's still too far away to know for sure whats gonna happen.

Qkchk
29th May 2007, 15:42
Anyway, its a KB Gathering so the cold and the wet should be the last things to worry about! ;)

F5 Dave
29th May 2007, 15:43
Yeah there's a camping pace that gets well frequented on Cold Kiwi weekend when people realise after friday night that their camping gear is woefully inadequate.

Who mentioned Burger King in the same sentence as food? :nono:

phantom
29th May 2007, 15:44
Probably around midday. Might be a good place to stop for lunch to meet-up with the Manawatu KB'ers at the Cafe Blue, on the main road. They seem quite pleasant and biker friendly.

Sounds good to me . Meet you Wellington fellas 12ish at Cafe Blue, ( never been there, live 10 minutes away ):yes:

Qkchk
29th May 2007, 16:02
Yeah there's a camping pace that gets well frequented on Cold Kiwi weekend when people realise after friday night that their camping gear is woefully inadequate.

Who mentioned Burger King in the same sentence as food? :nono:

At least we have cabins and not relying on tents. :cold: Taupo is a hopskip&ajump away, we could always have Maccas :dodge:

chanceyy
29th May 2007, 16:08
is it the weekend yet ???????????????

hmmm must pack supplies .. note to self to check fridge :D

tri boy
29th May 2007, 16:26
I keep my eye on: www.bom.gov.au . Aussie MET service. Click on charts. Click on: mean sea level pressure analysis loops.
Gives a good overview of Indian, Southern Ocean, Tasman Sea, weather movements.
We may get showers etc, but looks like nothing is going to "stall" over us. With all due respect to Murphy of course.:sunny:

Toaster
29th May 2007, 17:06
I'd love to come along, but still haven't sorted the homelife (care for stock/animals etc) out yet so will see how it goes this week.

I reckon speedos 2 sizes too small would look the part at the hot pools.

Qkkid
29th May 2007, 17:13
looks like she knows you well there kid :killingme

must say I just brought one to have in my tank bag :lol:

Another cheeky bloody ..........:shutup: :love:

tri boy
29th May 2007, 17:14

With a potato shoved down the back.:spudflip: :shit:

Mom
29th May 2007, 17:17
I'd love to come along, but still haven't sorted the homelife (care for stock/animals etc) out yet so will see how it goes this week.

lalalalalalalalala....cant believe I just read that!! Right after mention of livestock you move on to the whole undies/togs debate and you suggest ones that dont even fit!....:puke:

mutters something about sickos as she leaves.....

chanceyy
29th May 2007, 17:17
Another cheeky bloody ..........:shutup: :love:

who me :gob::nono:

i am a regular :innocent:

but reality is just a :devil2: in disguise ...and I :love:it :sunny:

just ask those who know me well enough .. ;)

chanceyy
29th May 2007, 17:19

well get on to it :shutup: ....................... mine are all sorted :yes: .... & friends two horses left today .. soooooooooooooooooo yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Toaster
30th May 2007, 09:33
lalalalalalalalala....cant believe I just read that!! Right after mention of livestock you move on to the whole undies/togs debate and you suggest ones that dont even fit!....:puke:

mutters something about sickos as she leaves.....

I left myself wide open for that one!! .... funnily enough I had thought of taking walk sock and sandals too.

chanceyy
30th May 2007, 12:42
walk sock and sandals too.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Qkchk
30th May 2007, 16:11
I keep my eye on: www.bom.gov.au . Aussie MET service.

Bloody nice site mate! :niceone:

Qkchk
30th May 2007, 16:18
I left myself wide open for that one!! .... funnily enough I had thought of taking walk sock and sandals too.

The campsite would never be the same again..............:eek: Dont forget to bring the short shorts as well - Thats if ya can get yaself organised! :p

To be honest people, I think he is waiting for to the weather report so he can decide if wants to ride or stay home knitting! :Pokey: :dodge:

Steam
30th May 2007, 21:08
I just booked a cabin, so cheap!
Thanks to BMW for asking if I was coming, I would not have come if I didn't know there would be people who I knew.
I am looking forward to those hotpools! I love hotpools! Hope they are REALLY hot!
See you all... Saturday some time. I will be leaving first thing Saturday morning, 6.15am, I don't want to battle the traffic on Friday.

Steam
30th May 2007, 21:13
Can someone PM or text me their phone numbers so I can see where to meet up when I arrive on Saturday afternoon? My number is 021 268 0447

robertydog
30th May 2007, 21:20
Gee the numbers are slowly climbing. Im beginning to feel tempted. Wondering if the weather is going to hold out?

chanceyy
30th May 2007, 21:35
Gee the numbers are slowly climbing. Im beginning to feel tempted. Wondering if the weather is going to hold out?

who cares what the weather is gonna do .. get ya stuff sorted & come on over :D

kinger
30th May 2007, 21:45
Not having read all the posts, can I ask a quick question?
As my bikes still on a ship, and seeing as I marshalled at the Taupo track day, am I (begging) okay to trip down with the OH from TPO, in a cage, for the Saturday evening?
Can't drink as I'll be driving, but it would be good to catch some life for a change.

Steam
30th May 2007, 21:51
As my bikes still on a ship, and seeing as I marshalled at the Taupo track day, am I (begging) okay to trip down with the OH from TPO, in a cage, for the Saturday evening?
Can't drink as I'll be driving, but it would be good to catch some life for a change.

Of course! See you for a hot-pool!

kinger
30th May 2007, 22:24
Sweet, thanks.
Having just mentioned this to her, and got a job today, it appears, as if by magic, we now have a little disposable income.
So, seeing as we can't get out on the rideout, and one night will be our limit, which night, and where, is the primary socially unacceptable intoxicant consumption event (piss up) planned.
There's now a good chance we'll drive down, get wankered, kip, breakfast, drive home next day.
Sorry for the short notice, but a rally is a rally, and don't intend to be sober if we can avoid it.:drinkup:

Steam
30th May 2007, 22:38
I'm not actually the organiser but hell, who could object to a biker coming along even with no bike. This is going to be a tiny rally, but a rally nonetheless. I am going to my first rally! If the Brass Monkey was in the North Island I'd shoot up but alas, there's that pesky stretch of water. Tunnel! Tunnel!

KoroJ
30th May 2007, 22:39
After looking at the weather forecast, looks like our best option is via Wairarapa:

Wgtn: Depart Caltex Kaiwhara' 0930
Hutt: Depart Caltex Rimutaka 1000

Travel via Wairarapa; probably take gorge or Saddle due to wind and stop for gas and lunch in Ashhurst (Cafe Blue) and meet-up with P/N riders.

Depart Ashhurst: 1300. Depending on weather will decide best options from there.

Looks good to come back via Wanganui on Monday.

F5 Dave
31st May 2007, 09:20
See you at the hutt 10, PM sent.

. . .
There's now a good chance we'll drive down, get wankered, kip,. . .

Now there's a turn of phrase that hasn't caught on in NenZed yet.:mellow:

NinjaNanna
31st May 2007, 16:08
~ one night will be our limit, which night, and where, is the primary socially unacceptable intoxicant consumption event (piss up) planned.:drinkup:

Can't Garrantee anything but my money would be on the Saturday Night Piss UP.

I suspect after a decent day riding on Sunday and a ride home on Monday to look forward to Sunday Night will be a little more subdued.

Qkchk
31st May 2007, 16:15

Hey that's no problem at all, at least you are MAKING SOME EFFORT unlike some peeps................

Qkchk
31st May 2007, 16:26
Can't Garrantee anything but my money would be on the Saturday Night Piss UP.

I suspect after a decent day riding on Sunday and a ride home on Monday to look forward to Sunday Night will be a little more subdued.

I'd say that would be the ticket............ :yeah:

Qkchk
31st May 2007, 16:56
Here's the lastest from www.metservice.co.nz

Extended Brief New Zealand Forecast
Issued at 1:20 pm 31 May 2007 NZST

Saturday

North Island, a period of rain spreading from the west followed by a few showers. However, little or no rain in Gisborne and Hawkes Bay. South Island, showers in the west and south, and a southerly change spreading north over eastern areas bringing showers.

Sunday

North Island, fine intervals and a few showers in the north and west. A period of showers and southerlies spreading to eastern places. South Island, showers in the north and east clearing by afternoon but a few showers lingering about coastal Southland. Mainly fine inland and in the west.

Queen s Birthday

North Island, cloudy periods and isolated showers in the west but mainly fine in the east and south. South Island, showers in the west and in Southland, but dry elsewhere.

Well I think we will be lucky this weekend!! The only rain predicted is on the Saturday (if it does happen) otherwise showers (they dont stick around) and fine periods! :sunny: :woohoo:

Qkkid
31st May 2007, 17:15
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: I would say peeps that the weather :love: is gonna be great for the weekend :rockon: Even on the way down on Saturday, i think we will probably miss that little bit of rain that was due on Sat morn :Punk: So if you are still thinkin :nono: dont miss out because its gonna be a great weekend away. There are more coming than there is registered guys:yes:

chanceyy
31st May 2007, 20:33
hey guys since we are coming late Sat .. figure we will get there about 7.30pm .. if ya bail the campsite can you leave a note as to where 86 & I can find ya :D

Nasty
31st May 2007, 20:55
I am so pissed we can't come ... will have to make up for it by going to Skunks BBQ instead :)

86GSXR
31st May 2007, 20:56
Speaking of piss ups, etc, there is a little known gem called Club Habitat which is just a few hundred metres down the road from the campsite on the opposite side of the road. It has a great bar, garden bar, brews it's own, open all hours, and friendly!

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
31st May 2007, 21:14
Bit gutted I too have to be a piker. Got some nice news tonite which means I have to be at home this weekend. PM me if you want to take over my cabin booking otherwise I will cancel it.
I was really looking forward to the trip.

Steam
1st June 2007, 07:59
I may go up tonight, if I feel keen enough. That has the added advantage of avoiding a dreary afternoon of sanding and scraping the damn boat.
Boo HOO!! Why BMW not coming!? You the only person I know! Waaa! I'll just have to drink a bit more then, make me alcohol-sociable.

robertydog
1st June 2007, 11:03

Im Coming. I will come down from Napier and will meet up at Ashurst with the rest of you guys. :rockon:

Steam
1st June 2007, 12:46
I was coming, now I'm not.
Today I noticed my rear brake disc is really hot, too hot to touch. The caliper seals are old and are not allowing the brake to retract fully and need to be replaced. So unless I disconnect the rear brake I can't really ride long distances, but it's still okay for around town.
Sorry folks.

F5 Dave
1st June 2007, 13:29
Good grief. Well I'll see you all there, I'm off home to wash the new bike.

d

chanceyy
1st June 2007, 13:30
I was coming, now I'm not.
Today I noticed my rear brake disc is really hot, too hot to touch. The caliper seals are old and are not allowing the brake to retract fully and need to be replaced. So unless I disconnect the rear brake I can't really ride long distances, but it's still okay for around town.
Sorry folks.

ya know steam we do not bite much .... :dodge:

chanceyy
1st June 2007, 13:31
Good grief. Well I'll see you all there, I'm off home to wash the new bike.

d

can you wash mine dave ???? stuck at work so she is a gubby lil beast :innocent:

F5 Dave
1st June 2007, 13:33
No Chance(yy):sunny:

I'm orf.

davereid
1st June 2007, 13:35
gonna rain soon chancey so if its parked outside it will get a wash !

tri boy
1st June 2007, 13:43
Heres a bit of encouragement for those that are still undecided.
Humans are waterproof. A shower or two will not cause you to melt.
Hot pools are the prize if cold weather is the challenge.
New friends can be few and far between. Take every opportunity to add to your collection.
Do one thing each day that challenges you.
Alcohol in group settings is medically proven to assist in human development.
Laughter is second only to new experiences.
Do it for "shits and giggles".
Go on, you know you want to.:yes:

Toaster
1st June 2007, 13:51
I wish I was going but am still unwell.... and spreading my cold to workmates.... "sneezes....take that you dogs!!"

The last thing I'd want to do is turn up and spread that kinda love amongst fellow bikers!

Pumba
1st June 2007, 15:30
New friends can be few and far between. Take every opportunity to add to your collection.

Nicely Said, Bling Worthy even.

Ok can this day go any slower just want to get my arse off this damm computer and get riding.

And lets hope not to many more of this wellington crew continue to wimp out:dodge:

Qkchk
1st June 2007, 16:18

"You must spread more reputation around first................"

Damn fine bit of literature there!! Every part true, specially the 'Shits and Giggles' bit. You never know what you may benefit from meeting other riders...... :yeah:

Qkchk
1st June 2007, 16:22
They are still adamant that its gonna rain late this evening so it may be clear by tomorrow morning! :gob: Here's the rest of the guff from Metservice:

Sunday (The Main Riding Day)

North Island, fine intervals and a few showers in the north and west but showers clearing south of Taranaki. A period of showers and southerlies in the east from Wellington to Gisborne. South Island, showers in the north and about eastern coasts clearing by afternoon but a few showers lingering about coastal Southland. Mainly fine inland and in the west.

Queens Birthday

North Island, cloudy periods and a few showers in the west but mainly fine in the east and south. South Island, showers in the west and in Southland, but dry elsewhere.

So who being a chicken shit cause of the weather? Bloody keyboard motorcyclists.........:bash: :angry2:

robertydog
1st June 2007, 16:42
Its not going to Rain. Dont listen to what anyone says.

Pumba
1st June 2007, 16:46
Its not goint to rain

(runs off to make sure wets packed in the bag)

NinjaNanna
1st June 2007, 16:55
Its not goint to rain
(runs off to make sure wets packed in the bag)

I must admit that I don't trust the weather either so bought a nice Dri Rider one peice rainsuit for the weekend.

Great deal too, $99 from Cycle Treads, usually $159.

Mind you they didn't offer to discount the new front tyre I'll be in there to buy next week, did they.

Also bought one of those throttle wrist rests, so I'll have to see how that works, never had one before but @ $10 can't really lose can I.

NinjaNanna
1st June 2007, 17:11
On an aside -

What is everybody else doing about a pillow????

yod
1st June 2007, 17:29
well, i gotta be in napier this weekend but i was considerinhg at least meeting at ashhurst and riding through to turangi to say gidday and then shoot over highway 5 but i took the afternoon off today and shot out to vinegar hill with trx Phil and on the way back discovered my bottom left fairing mount has snapped and she's "blowin' in the breeze" so to speak....dagnabbit!!

have fun you lot:rockon:

Pumba
1st June 2007, 17:33
On an aside -

Personally Sleeping bag cover stuffed with the few clothes I will have:done:

Hitcher
1st June 2007, 18:42
Ride carefully there and back folks. And have a great time.

kinger
1st June 2007, 18:43
Booked last night into a cabin for Saturday night. The lovely, lovely lady told me pillow and case are included in the cabin booking price, other linen is an optional extra.

robertydog
1st June 2007, 18:49
Booked last night into a cabin for Saturday night. The lovely, lovely lady told me pillow and case are included in the cabin booking price, other linen is an optional extra.

Yes i spoke with the today. Only 5 bucks for the linen.

Toaster
1st June 2007, 19:05
I'm sooo envious..... have a great time people and ride safe out there.

Meekey_Mouse
1st June 2007, 19:35
As others have said, have a good time every one and ride safely :yes:

Wish my Hyo was ready to go :bye: :innocent:

ajturbo
1st June 2007, 19:50
I am so pissed we can't come ... will have to make up for it by going to Skunks BBQ instead :)
cool you can drive us home..

johnnyflash
1st June 2007, 20:32
On an aside -

She is riding pillion LOL :yes:

Pumba
1st June 2007, 21:39
She is riding pillion LOL :yes:

Nice call, Long term my option is cheaper

86GSXR
1st June 2007, 21:50
well, i gotta be in napier this weekend but i was considerinhg at least meeting at ashhurst and riding through to turangi to say gidday and then shoot over highway 5 but i took the afternoon off today and shot out to vinegar hill with trx Phil and on the way back discovered my bottom left fairing mount has snapped and she's "blowin' in the breeze" so to speak....dagnabbit!!

have fun you lot:rockon:

Thanks Jonno! Sorry to hear about your bike, hope it's back together soon. Shame you guys can't make this weekend, should be darn good!

yod
1st June 2007, 21:58
Thanks Jonno! Sorry to hear about your bike, hope it's back together soon. Shame you guys can't make this weekend, should be darn good!

yeah sounds like it'll be a bit of fun

already on the lookout for a replacement part.....

be safe....dont drink too much! :laugh:

Qkkid
1st June 2007, 23:06
:2thumbsup :woohoo: Woohoo me bags are packed ready to go :ride::shutup: Just waiting for the missus as usual :laugh:
See you turkeys at the BP Autobahn :scooter:

GSVR
2nd June 2007, 15:55
Caught up with the Wellington, Hawkes Bay and Manawatu riders heading up to Taurangi at the Cafe Blue in Ashurst today.

ER6,Buel,R1,ST1300,and RF900. Good luck with the rest of your weekends riding.

nadroj
2nd June 2007, 19:45
No major mishaps getting here - great weather for avoiding dust storms.

nadroj
2nd June 2007, 22:15
Nice arse Rach & Maha show us ya Weiner.

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 22:21
Sorry no peircings - not rach

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 22:22
Sorry no peircings - not rach

Rach want to know when was the last time ou saw her arse?

nadroj
2nd June 2007, 22:24
Wendy put your arse away :gob:

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 22:25
Wendy put your arse away :gob:

Sorry belongs tp R6 Kid

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 22:26
Sorry belongs tp R6 Kid

You loose.

But shame you got excited about it.

nadroj
2nd June 2007, 22:28
Since when does Gareth wear pink undies:sick:

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd June 2007, 22:32
Since when does Gareth wear pink undies:sick:

Ok you got me, we got 6 women here with no knickers on, could be anyone.
Green bling if you get it right.

nadroj
2nd June 2007, 22:35
:gob: nice arse anny we all wanna do doggy with it:yes:(mahas missus):shutup: