PDA

View Full Version : NEW Police Motorcycles...

Kwaka-Kid
22nd June 2003, 16:47
They have a trial BMW 1200 out, the inline 4 one.  doesnt have ANY stickers, just lights, be careful. - apparently has a top speed of around 260 (as opposed to ST110's 230ish)

but they are not likly to go for these and are more likly to ehad towards the 1150cc Boxer motor.  And also was that you SPMAN @ mt eden motorcycles on saturday chattin up that officor with the new BMW? :) - i thought it was but didnt wanna say anything so i hid with my mates who just bought 2x 250's

SPman
22nd June 2003, 18:57
Yes, that was me........:o

Perhaps the cops could ride these............great in a straight line , I reckon

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/19june03hondarune1stride.htm

Kwaka-Kid
22nd June 2003, 21:26
hahaah i saw SPMAN! :P chatting up mah mate eh :P

ahahaha, yeh was just coming in so i cud check out the new wheels :D look a bit odd, but apparently are nicer then the ST - and he aint a bmw fan at all. so great.  mind you he reckons ZX9R's would be much better :D

hah and those bikes are sick spman, ewwwww take the pic away!

Coldkiwi
23rd June 2003, 13:00
aww I dunno.. they could be worse.

at least they're still upright with all panels in place :)

DeanOh
23rd June 2003, 14:02
I'd rather see the cops riding one of these....
:eek:

SPman
23rd June 2003, 18:03
They'd probably be better off:D

Wouldnt do much for their egos, though!

Mind you, with the way scooter development is going, it might not be long before we see this - there are some seriously fast scooters out there now, (well, for scooters, anyway) and the line is starting to blur between scooters and cruisery style things..............:eek:

bikerboy
23rd June 2003, 18:15
I think bike companies should ban all sales to the cops untill they stop treating us as irresponsible hoons.

They can ride bicycles for all I care. And in light of the environment and budgetary reasons they should be driving 1 litre Daihatsus. They don't merit swanning around in gas guzzling V8's if all they do is run radar issuing tickets.:done:

SPman
23rd June 2003, 18:24
Perhaps they could ride these?????

bikerboy
23rd June 2003, 20:46
:p PERFECT !!!!!!:niceone:

DeanOh
24th June 2003, 13:38
hahahahahahha.......:done:

Coldkiwi
24th June 2003, 18:35
oh yes! I like that picture!!

Kwaka-Kid
24th June 2003, 19:55
i dont :(

well, its funny, but cmon guys dont make them ride scooters or anything, coz i dont want to be riding a scooter when my time comes!

bluninja
25th June 2003, 11:07
KK, I think that's probably one of the best reasons I've heard for the police having scooters.:p

TTFN

Coldkiwi
25th June 2003, 12:47
Come on KK,think about it!

...would you rather be cruising round on a spanky new 250cc scooter that kept you dry in the rain or...

be on an old fat beemer with odd bits and dodgy 20yr old tyres that would let go if you looked at them funny sending you into a pole and otehrwise broke down everytime other you tried to ride after some crim? :p

Coldkiwi
25th June 2003, 12:49
btw KK, I wouldn't get too excited about the idea of corner carving on the pig patrols if I were you... Baz from Leading Edge informed me that the new cops generally get to select whatever tyres they want for the first time... after that, its rock hard mileage eaters (the bean counters win again) that will probably even scare you!

Kwaka-Kid
25th June 2003, 16:04
hahaha damn! :(  well at least im used to riding hard tyres, and i doubt they could get worse tyres then i ride on currently :)

secondly: just to do the whole "aha look my toys are bigger then urs" thing, From what ive heard and seen, my mates still get to semi-choose their own tyres, not exactly, but they get to have a group desicion on what to ride on, thats why the  ST's are on crossplys not radials, because they found that @ high speed over 150 the radials began to wollow with all the weight.

So yeah, haha nah, your prolly right, but thats what i was told by my mate.