PDA

View Full Version : 2 Down more to come ??

Sensei
22nd August 2004, 21:41
Well not a good week here for ZX10R owner's . First dude had 50 klm to run his 04 R1 in & got cleaned out by a car turning in front of him . Write off .So brought new ZX10R got it 500m down the road from shop this week went round a corner on a wet road & lost it down it went . Second Guy got his ZX10R 10klm from home on Friday to have a car pull out from intersection wet road front out from under him slide bike down road for 20m. Now that's some f--ken bad luck or what, both rider's ok but not so for their brand new bike's .Not the best start to your new machine's life thou . Shop in Hawera had all it's brand new R1 's they have sold be down the road as well > Now there seem's to be a bit of a pattern here is it that people are just under estimating the power of these new bike's or is their skill just not as good as they would like to think it is .? Bad luck does happen eg car's pulling out etc but 90% is rider input or the lack of it. No one like's to bin their bike be it new or old . Sensei NP

SPman
22nd August 2004, 23:01
... Now there seem's to be a bit of a pattern here is it that people are just under estimating the power of these new bike's or is their skill just not as good as they would like to think it is .? Bad luck does happen eg car's pulling out etc but 90% is rider input or the lack of it. No one like's to bin their bike be it new or old . Sensei NP
Um..I think it may be people overestimating their skills ! I think most of us have, at some stage or other, and these bikes demand respect on first aquaintance - espec. in the wet!
But a bit of a bummer, regardless!

750Y
23rd August 2004, 10:29
having lived in Taranaki a few years I can attest to them being the 'worst drivers i have ever come across' in NZ. Wellington being the best. Shame about the nice new machines going down the road, but 500metres!!! what is up with that?

Deano
23rd August 2004, 13:51
having lived in Taranaki a few years I can attest to them being the 'worst drivers i have ever come across' in NZ. Wellington being the best.

Wellington the best drivers ? Mmmmmmmmmm. Must be pretty darn bad in the Naki by comparison then !!

Shame about the nice new machines going down the road, but 500metres!!! what is up with that?

Murphy's Law.

Motu
23rd August 2004, 14:03
New tyres and I'm a shit hot rider on the best bike in the world?

Madmax
23rd August 2004, 14:08
I picked my ZX10R in the wet a month and half ago and made it home
was not fun though

:mellow:

rodgerd
23rd August 2004, 14:50
Wellington the best drivers ? Mmmmmmmmmm. Must be pretty darn bad in the Naki by comparison then !!

It is. Although Wellington has become worse since I've lived here, with a big upswing in the past few years of red light runners.

claire
23rd August 2004, 16:00
I'm glad this wasn't posted Friday as my partner and I rode to Taranaki for the weekend and had the pleasure of riding back in the wet yesterday. He has a brand new R1 and managed to make it home, I've got an older R1 and managed to make it home as well!!

Didn't encounter any excessively bad driving in Taranaki or on the way there, no more than usual anyway.

Cajun
23rd August 2004, 16:01
I'm glad this wasn't posted Friday as my partner and I rode to Taranaki for the weekend and had the pleasure of riding back in the wet yesterday. He has a brand new R1 and managed to make it home, I've got an older R1 and managed to make it home as well!!

Didn't encounter any excessively bad driving in Taranaki or on the way there, no more than usual anyway.

We have to catch up for a ride one day Clarie

Motoracer
23rd August 2004, 16:06
Thoes new tires on a bike like that in the wet is just asking for it... Specially when you don't know the bike at all.

Cajun
23rd August 2004, 16:07
Thoes new tires on a bike like that in the wet is just asking for it... Specially when you don't know the bike at all.

i rode my bike in the wet, also rode it home in the dark the first night hahahaha

but anything with that sorta hp you gotta be careful off, even if it arn't new brakes and new tires, in the wet
i mean its easy enough to spin 80hp bikes in the wet let alone a 180hp bike

merv
23rd August 2004, 16:12
Damn no wonder insurance costs are so high.

Motoracer
23rd August 2004, 16:13
i rode my bike in the wet, also rode it home in the dark the first night hahahaha

Shit, that would have been interesting. Make no mistake though, a 1000 is gunna be a hell of a lot more "interesting" than a 600.

Saying that, my mate bought a brand spankin new CBR1000RR from the shop and was doing 170K wheelies in the rain a few minutes later...

Why does it always seem to rain when people buy new bikes LOL

Cajun
23rd August 2004, 16:19
Shit, that would have been interesting. Make no mistake though, a 1000 is gunna be a hell of a lot more "interesting" than a 600.

Saying that, my mate bought a brand spankin new CBR1000RR from the shop and was doing 170K wheelies in the rain a few minutes later...

Why does it always seem to rain when people buy new bikes LOL

So they can get dirty quicker so you just give up cleaning them sooner

MD
23rd August 2004, 17:41
Bugger me that's some serious run of bad luck. Some blame might lie with the new tyres thingy BUT the shops warn new owners to be extra careful. Does seem that a lot of new bikes crash within the first hour or two?
Sensei - you seem to know a lot of new XZ10R owners. All ZX10Rs were recalled by Kawasaki last week so NO new owners should have ridden out the shop door ! Message from Kawasaki is DON'T RIDE AT ALL until the front wheel is replaced. Apparently 3 crashed because the front wheel broke. That would be a rude awakening in the middle of a stoppie!
Friends parked his up until a replacement front wheel arrives. Look at the bright side- new bikes sales are up in the Naki.
Motoracer - good to hear your friend appreciates the finer points of the CBRthou :niceone:

Madmax
23rd August 2004, 19:17
had the front wheel changed on mine saturday
when i rode home in the rain the day i picked it up
the beast spun the back wheel 2nd gear in auckland
trafic, real fun
:wacko:

Madmax
23rd August 2004, 21:03
thinking that mabey owning an old Kawasaki H1 triple
may have helped me to be used to unpredictable
s**T going on :sweatdrop

aff-man
23rd August 2004, 22:48
Man it must be difficult on those 1l monsters. I managed to get the 400 spinning up in the damp when i just got it so i just can't imagine a zx10r or r1. Would be fun though :D :D till i came off :doh:

MD
23rd August 2004, 22:50
had the front wheel changed on mine saturday
when i rode home in the rain the day i picked it up
the beast spun the back wheel 2nd gear in auckland
trafic, real fun
:wacko:
Do they only sells Kawasakis on wet days ???
Good to hear your wheel has been sorted Madmax. I see you've owned near every mad arse bike the big K has put out and you survived! You must fit the Kawasaki profile of an adrenaline nut case that their designers use when they come out with bikes like the big 2 stroke triples and now the ZX10R. Hang in there. Who knows what they will try to scare us with next year.

Madmax
23rd August 2004, 23:18
still own
h1 500 triple
zxr750j2
Of course the XZ10R
have had the H1 since i was 18 could never bring myself to sell it
have had more :wacko:

Madmax
23rd August 2004, 23:32
a road leagle KR750 would do me
s**t then ZX10R would about the same