PDA

View Full Version : Northland run

jafar
25th March 2007, 22:53
Just done a run through the north to the cape & back , awesome trip, great people , until we got to whangarei. The locals are all bloody mad there , nearly taken out by a white van turning right in front of us then a cage tried the same trick within seconds as well . To top it off a pedestrian tried it on as well 1/2 k further on.
We checked out the local bike shops (maunders & planet honda) & were very impressed. They both showed us every consideration & were more than helpful to us. Two top shops !

Edbear
26th March 2007, 07:34
Just done a run through the north to the cape & back , awesome trip, great people , until we got to whangarei. The locals are all bloody mad there , !

Sounds a bit like the locals around here...:yes:

Good to meet you out 16 Jafar and your lovely bride, congrats! (Hope I haven't spilled the beans, here!).:shutup:

Planning a trip up there ourselves with two of my sisters and hubby's next month. Hope the weather holds. Will be interesting to see how the cruisers handle the gravel roads, though met a Goldwing owner in Wellsford on his way back a couple months ago who reckoned his bike was unexpectedly fine up there.

jafar
27th March 2007, 22:13
Good to see you too mate.
The bulevard on gravel ?:gob:
hope your cook is going to help you clean it afterwards:dodge:

Edbear
28th March 2007, 07:31
Good to see you too mate.
The bulevard on gravel ?:gob:
hope your cook is going to help you clean it afterwards:dodge:

Plobally, you see, I's da cook....:bye:

jafar