PDA

View Full Version : Bike Gets Dropped, where to find gear lever

EZAS
23rd August 2004, 23:25
On Friday, I parked my bike up and went clubbing with some mates. I was alil late getting back to the flat where I'd left the bike, but when I did, my mate was jumping around on it saying "come on bro ... I can do it ... Im sure I can do it". :spudwhat: :spudwhat: (never ridden before)
I was like hell no, your not taking it anywhere, then my mates all pressured me into starting my bike, just to hear what it sounded like, unimpressed of the idea, as i HATE starting any cold engine, I thought Okay whats one little rev up for my mates. :calm:
AS SOON AS IT STARTS UP, my mate jumps on the bike again and starts trying to put it in gear. F*CKING MORON is pushing down on the brake and saying "I thought it was 1 down and 5 up?". :calm: :calm:
So im not to happy at some drunk idiot on my bike/pride and joy, so I say "if you were gonna put it in gear, you'd need to pull the clutch in, okay mate now hop off". :calm:
:mad: Without a word, the guy drops it into first releases the clutch and slams the bike into the ground. THANX ALOT *SSHOLE. :mad:
Now im looking for a gear lever (pedal thingy) for an '88 GPX 250 RII ninja. Preferably around the Takapuna area where my "mate" can go and pay and pick it up.

Thanx
Porter

Mongoose
23rd August 2004, 23:31
A hard quick lesson learned thru this experience? :niceone:

Blakamin
24th August 2004, 08:28
Some mate :bash:

toads
24th August 2004, 08:58
Some mate :bash:

i agree, but it could have been worse, your drunken friend could have got it started, successfully, ridden out into oncoming traffic and become a red smear on the road, pissed people do not make good drivers/riders/ or good descisions

AMPS
24th August 2004, 10:47
Try Mt Eden M/cycles or Red Baron. For 2nd hand try Action Bike wreckers or Atomic on the Shore
Lou