PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse ruins pocketbike sales.

newmanz
27th March 2007, 18:15
Well, being as the Warehouse likes to dip its fingers into every pie, they tried importing 49cc Pocket bikes from China. Not bothering to contact anyone in the know, a Warehouse agent who could only smell profit decided to import 2000 bikes and bought the cheapest they could get...... well cheapest from China = disaster. Sure enough after early sales, bikes started being returned. Bikes leaking fuel from the gas tank, handlebars breaking, frames breaking etc etc.. The Warehouse decides to recall the entire lot and seeing as it would be too expensive to fix, they bury the whole lot in landfill, never to be seen again....... Thus hurting the sales of all the importers like myself who actually care about quality..
Not being satisfied with their first mistake, the Warehouse then decides to import the cheapest Mini Dirt bikes they can find.... before long these also break down and fall apart, again resulting in a recall and landfill.... STICK TO NON-PETROL STUFF WAREHOUSE !!! LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS WILL YA !!!!!!!

sidecar bob
27th March 2007, 20:35
Ok, now you've started me on Chinese product.
I had the misfortune of involving myself in business dealings with Asian countries for several years & have huge contempt for their business practices & product.
My first concern is that they clearly have no product testing or quality control whatsoever,
If they did, such faults as you describe would not occur.
Secondly, The products (if they can be afforded the luxury of being so described) are merely replicas of the real thing, for example, the tyres have no cords, the wheel bearings are mild steel Etc so if the machine, be it pocket bike or kitchen appliance, will fail virtually immediately if used for its apparent intended purpose.
The reason for this, is that the product is not actually designed for use, And the following is serious & true, They are merely replicas of the real thing, made to fool gullible westerners out of their money & the entire purpose of the excercise, as far as Chinese are concerned is completed once they have pocketed the money.
My third concern, & this one is really serious. As poster one describes, in one small country alone, aprox 4000 small motorcycles have been sent to landfill.
The issue here is that the Chinese are raping the planet of valuable resources and are converting them into sub standard product, which is consequently put into western landfills.
As a nation, we only really have ourselves to blame due to our un quenchable thirst for the purchase of cheaply made trash from the likes of the warehouse as a way to fill in our otherwise dull weekends.
For my 21st birthday my girlfriend gave me an absolutely top quality wallet & said to me, "always buy quality" 21 years later the wallet is still in reasonable condition & the advice has served me very well.

Toaster
27th March 2007, 20:38
For my 21st birthday my girlfriend gave me an absolutely top quality wallet & said to me, "always buy quality" 21 years later the wallet is still in reasonable condition & the advice has served me very well.

So what condition is the girlfriend in after 21 years??!!

sidecar bob
27th March 2007, 20:43
So what condition is the girlfriend in after 21 years??!!

I recently heard she has finally come out of the closet & is in a relationship with her best girl mate from those days.
Somehow i wasnt in the least surprised.

Goblin
27th March 2007, 20:46
I recently heard she has finally come out of the closet & is in a relationship with her best girl mate from those days.
Somehow i wasnt in the least surprised.So she finally took her own advice and went for "quality"? :bleh:

Toaster
27th March 2007, 20:48
Somehow i wasnt in the least surprised.

Mate, it's no wonder she is batting for the other side if you kept her in a closet all that time!! :gob:

sidecar bob
27th March 2007, 20:50
So she finally took her own advice and went for "quality"? :bleh:
She didnt go for quality, she went for poon, Now that i understand.:bleh: :2thumbsup

Madness
27th March 2007, 20:58
I used to work for a NZ importer of Airtools, agents for top quality U.S & U.K based brands. The owner told me once of a visit to an Airtool factory in mainland China, full red-carpet guided tour of the assembly line. At the completion of the tour my former boss asked his guide at what stage did they connect an airline to the tools for testing?. The factory did not have a compressor.

White trash
27th March 2007, 21:01
Ok, now you've started me on Chinese product.
I had the misfortune of involving myself in business dealings with Asian countries for several years & have huge contempt for their business practices & product.
My first concern is that they clearly have no product testing or quality control whatsoever,
If they did, such faults as you describe would not occur.
Secondly, The products (if they can be afforded the luxury of being so described) are merely replicas of the real thing, for example, the tyres have no cords, the wheel bearings are mild steel Etc so if the machine, be it pocket bike or kitchen appliance, will fail virtually immediately if used for its apparent intended purpose.
The reason for this, is that the product is not actually designed for use, And the following is serious & true, They are merely replicas of the real thing, made to fool gullible westerners out of their money & the entire purpose of the excercise, as far as Chinese are concerned is completed once they have pocketed the money.
My third concern, & this one is really serious. As poster one describes, in one small country alone, aprox 4000 small motorcycles have been sent to landfill.
The issue here is that the Chinese are raping the planet of valuable resources and are converting them into sub standard product, which is consequently put into western landfills.
As a nation, we only really have ourselves to blame due to our un quenchable thirst for the purchase of cheaply made trash from the likes of the warehouse as a way to fill in our otherwise dull weekends.
Sorry Bob.

I bought a chinker off a reputable Minimoto importer in Wellington. It has been mint. Obviously, I've replaced a few bolts with proper quality ones. The hendle bars DID break, but only after 18 months of repeated crashing. The tyres have been fine, as have the brakes.

One of my best mates bought a chinker off some dude in Manakau. The importer had assembled the bike, replaced all the bolts with real ones, fitted a fuel filter.

The only thing that's broken on it is the front forks. And that's due to Tristan cartwheeling it through the scenery at 50kph.

Then there's the pitbikes I've been selling on behalf of a mate.

I simply can't kill the fucker. Believe me, I've tried.

The_Dover
27th March 2007, 21:10
you think that's bad?

you should see what the cunts have done to the jandal market.

$1.79 for a pair of jandals? how can we compete with that?

Mr. Peanut
27th March 2007, 21:15
I was going to import some alloy MX bars till I found out what they were made of. Window frame aluminium! :done:

SixPackBack
27th March 2007, 21:17
We have hundreds of thousands of electric motors manufactured in China every year with no issues.

Setting up strict quality control is easy, once in place they follow procedure well. They are easy to deal with, educated and only to willing to please.

Nothing wrong with the Chinese. Mr Warehouse man is a Muppet is all!!

sidecar bob
27th March 2007, 21:18
White Trash.
You say its been mint in the next breath you say you had to replace their junk bits.
Ok for you & no doubt done without a second thought.
What about if you were an average warehouse client (fat white solo mum with saggy tits & floral sun dress) you probably wouldnt even own a spanner, let alone know how to identify a decent bolt or know where to buy one.

scrivy
27th March 2007, 21:47
So she finally took her own advice and went for "quality"? :bleh:

I could be a Lesbian too.......:yes:

scrivy
27th March 2007, 21:49
She didnt go for quality, she went for poon, Now that i understand.:bleh: :2thumbsup

Always the poon eh Dob ?!!!:yes:
Didn't she want the DC??:gob: :shit: :dodge:

Goblin
28th March 2007, 17:01
I could be a Lesbian too.......:yes::blip: You'd look hot in a tight red mini and a pair of stilettos too.:love:

Back on topic....Bob, you make some good points regarding the Chinese raping the planet of valuable resorces and the "average warehouse client" who buys this sort of product believing it's the real mcCoy. It's all very well for well intentioned genuine motorcycle enthusiasts who are importing better quality product, and the pricing reflects this, but the warehouse has, in my humble opinion, indeed damaged the market for these sorts of products. :mellow:

Fatjim
28th March 2007, 17:23
I AM a lesbian, on the inside.

sidecar bob
28th March 2007, 17:48
:blip: You'd look hot in a tight red mini and a pair of stilettos too.:love:

Back on topic....Bob, you make some good points regarding the Chinese raping the planet of valuable resorces and the "average warehouse client" who buys this sort of product believing it's the real mcCoy. It's all very well for well intentioned genuine motorcycle enthusiasts who are importing better quality product, and the pricing reflects this, but the warehouse has, in my humble opinion, indeed damaged the market for these sorts of products. :mellow:

The problem with the asian mentality is that it has no concept of tomorrow.
Every business decision they make is for the now & tomorrow will never come, Either in the form of enviromental repercussions or in client satisfaction.
Eighteen of the worlds twenty most polluted rivers are in china (no tomorrow)
Also, the "whaling for research purposes" bullshit is completely devoid of any forethought.
I have also learned that an asian (capital letter deliberately ignored as i dont think they deserve one) businessman will tell you exactly what he / she thinks you want to hear, regardless of wether they can deliver on the promise or not, And "no problem" when said by an asian, actually means " i have no fucking idea what you mean", but if i say "no pwobweem" you will stop going on about it.

scrivy
28th March 2007, 18:38
The problem with the asian mentality is that it has no concept of tomorrow.
Every business decision they make is for the now & tomorrow will never come, Either in the form of enviromental repercussions or in client satisfaction. I have also learned that an asian (capital letter deliberately ignored as i dont think they deserve one) businessman will tell you exactly what he thinks you want to hear, regardless of wether they can deliver on the promise or not, And "no problem" when said by an asian, actually means " i have no fucking idea what you mean", but if i say "no pwobweem" you will stop going on about it.

Sounds like you have been hurt before Bob?? Been to a shrink about it?? I could guarantee that you've never made any of those promises to the young girlies in Tauranga when you were growing up??
I promise I wont blow in your m....... Geez babe, you're soooo hot..... No problem, I'm impotent........ I've never had an STD........ I only want to kiss you...... It wont get any bigger than this...... I only want to take photos for memorabilia..... (my mate only wants to watch.......hee hee....).....
:innocent: :shifty: :bleh: :buggerd: :2thumbsup :lol: :whistle: :drool:

scrivy
28th March 2007, 18:39
No Pwobwheem............!!!!

Hee hee.......
:first:

scrivy
28th March 2007, 18:45
By the way Bob, still got those vids........ :shutup:

Oh shit, sorry, wrong mate..........:innocent:
:shifty:

scrivy
28th March 2007, 18:49
:blip: You'd look hot in a tight red mini and a pair of stilettos too.:love:

Really?? Your place or mine??? I want to try this girlie thing out!!!! Does it really taste like chicken??? I hope its cooked!!!!! I don't want to get salmonella!!!!!:shifty: :bleh: :bleh: :devil2: :lol: :whistle:

Goblin
28th March 2007, 18:55
Have you been drinking :drinknsin scrivy?<_<

Goblin
28th March 2007, 19:09
or just a bad day at the office.... :spudwhat:

or you're not gettin' any.

sidecar bob
28th March 2007, 19:37
or just a bad day at the office.... :spudwhat:

or you're not gettin' any.

Think ya hit the nail on the head there mate.:laugh: :rofl: :niceone: Sweet one goblin, I wonder how you guessed that.

Goblin
28th March 2007, 20:10
:gob:
Think ya hit the nail on the head there mate.:laugh: :rofl: :niceone: Sweet one goblin, I wonder how you guessed that.Hahaha! Well it aint rocket science eh.:sherlock: His posts started out all nice an tactful & diplomatic.....but come the rising moon :shit: and it all turned to poon! or lack thereof.:shutup:

scrivy
28th March 2007, 20:46
Think ya hit the nail on the head there mate.:laugh: :rofl: :niceone: Sweet one goblin, I wonder how you guessed that.

Probably with your help Dob!!!!:yes:
Maybe we should start a poll: When will Scrivy get it on again ??? :zzzz:

Zapf
28th March 2007, 22:58
made to fool gullible westerners out of their money & the entire purpose of the excercise, as far as Chinese are concerned is completed once they have pocketed the money.

Perhaps they can see that some westerners are foolishly gullible, wanting to buy the cheapest of everything.

So if they wernt wanting the cheapest of everything perhaps this will not happen? Well... the warehouse got a "bargin" when they bought it didn't they?

They can eat their own dog food.... hahahah :Punk:

TygerTung
29th March 2007, 03:59
How come you keep going on about asian? Japanese are asian and they make good bikes don't they?

Lucy
29th March 2007, 06:31
:blip: You'd look hot in a tight red mini and a pair of stilettos too.:love: :

You don't know many lesbians do you?:shutup:

jonbuoy
29th March 2007, 08:04
Made in Japan used to mean shite - now it means decent quality. Isn't this is bit like saying Wharehouse ruins TV/DVD sales? You get what you pay for - most people know if they buy from the warehouse it won't last too long.

Paul in NZ
29th March 2007, 08:54
It's funny when people bag 'Asians'.....

I work for a Japanese company and they are one of the most ecologically sensitive companies I've worked for. Their products are generally robust and long lasting.

I've worked in Malaysia - 'patchy' might be a description...

I think it's unfair to bag all Asians as bad - they are as different as the yanks are to the Germans. China - all emerging economies tend to go this way for a bit (India etc) and what you forget is OUR culture has been through this already... have a look around the canterbury plains - wasn't that all native bush once?

sidecar bob
29th March 2007, 09:41
It's funny when people bag 'Asians'.....

I work for a Japanese company and they are one of the most ecologically sensitive companies I've worked for. Their products are generally robust and long lasting.

I've worked in Malaysia - 'patchy' might be a description...

I think it's unfair to bag all Asians as bad - they are as different as the yanks are to the Germans. China - all emerging economies tend to go this way for a bit (India etc) and what you forget is OUR culture has been through this already... have a look around the canterbury plains - wasn't that all native bush once?

Ecolgically sensitive? WTF? Whaling for reasearch, The Japs will do that until the last whale has been eaten, Bastards!!

Paul in NZ
29th March 2007, 09:47
Ecolgically sensitive? WTF? Whaling for reasearch, The Japs will do that until the last whale has been eaten, Bastards!!

The particular company I work for. If NZ was judged on the actions of the Talley family we would be FAR worse.

newmanz
29th March 2007, 12:01
Sorry Bob.

I bought a chinker off a reputable Minimoto importer in Wellington. It has been mint. Obviously, I've replaced a few bolts with proper quality ones. The hendle bars DID break, but only after 18 months of repeated crashing. The tyres have been fine, as have the brakes.

One of my best mates bought a chinker off some dude in Manakau. The importer had assembled the bike, replaced all the bolts with real ones, fitted a fuel filter.

The only thing that's broken on it is the front forks. And that's due to Tristan cartwheeling it through the scenery at 50kph.

I agree with you.
My latest order of parts and Mini Quads just landed last week. The factory followed my exact specs and were followed closely by my own agent.
Its the best quality I have seen, frame welds are beautiful. The parts are all as I asked for, correct factory OEM and the best i could get.

Many kiwis do not understand about paying a little more for quality. A Pocketbike worth $200 is not going to be a good one, it is the bottom of the heap.

China's quality is improving, I have been dealing with China since 1998. Sure we had teething problems, China is after all a communist country. You cant base your dealings on a few factories to generalize all factories in China.

As far as replicas go... err sure, how many want to spend $7000 on an Italian minimoto ? Not many school kids anyway, a $400 Chinese pocketbike is fine, runs well and the parts are cheap.

I bought a $25 power drill from the Warehouse and its still going 3 years later, my microwave $120 from Warehouse is 7 years old and still cooks my baked beans on toast mint !!!!!!

The_Dover
29th March 2007, 12:07
I bought a $25 power drill from the Warehouse and its still going 3 years later, my microwave $120 from Warehouse is 7 years old and still cooks my baked beans on toast mint !!!!!!

yeah, my jandals were $1.79 and still look like new.

I've worn them everyday for the last 4 years. Value for money.

Compare that to the shithouse sidi boots that cost $325 about 18months ago and would be rejected in a tramps fashion parade.

newmanz
29th March 2007, 12:43

Compare that to the shithouse sidi boots that cost $325 about 18months ago and would be rejected in a tramps fashion parade.

At .12 of a cent a day, thats excellent value. Probably the standard daily wage in China at the factory that made them.

Buddha#81
29th March 2007, 21:41
You don't know many lesbians do you?:shutup:

Im a lesbian trapped in a man's body.:love:

scumdog
29th March 2007, 21:56

I know what you mean - my jandals outlasted my 'sidi' boots on the track.
Bit bumpy if ya ran onto the ripple strip.

Swoop
30th March 2007, 11:39
Having a discussion with a bike mechanic the other day. He has been seeing quite a few of the Chinese made (assembled?) motorcycles that we currently see on our roads.
His comments:
They are put together dry - NO grease or lubricants in what he has encountered so far (apart from sump oil).
Electrical cabling is the same. All movement in the loom or cable is wearing the strands of electrical cable.
One bike, he thought the front wheel felt a little strange, so he stripped the axle/wheel bit. Only one bearing on one side. The other one was missed completely OR the production line kept on moving and "Mr Assembler" ignored the oversight.
Bolts air-driven into position. Cross-threaded = no pwobleem!

Staff in the factories are chosen at the factory gates each morning.
Leave your position for a piss and you will come back to find another person doing your job and you are escorted out of the premises.

You get what you pay for, indeed.

TygerTung
30th March 2007, 12:05
i wish people wouldnt be so racist:no:

sidecar bob
30th March 2007, 15:41
i wish people wouldnt be so racist:no:

We're not being racist, we're criticising their shoddy workmanship.
If i did a fukin hopeless job at what i do i could expect criticisim too.
I wouldn't mistake it for racisim im sure.

newmanz
30th March 2007, 17:10
Having a discussion with a bike mechanic the other day. He has been seeing quite a few of the Chinese made (assembled?) motorcycles that we currently see on our roads.
His comments:
They are put together dry - NO grease or lubricants in what he has encountered so far (apart from sump oil).
Electrical cabling is the same. All movement in the loom or cable is wearing the strands of electrical cable.
One bike, he thought the front wheel felt a little strange, so he stripped the axle/wheel bit. Only one bearing on one side. The other one was missed completely OR the production line kept on moving and "Mr Assembler" ignored the oversight.
Bolts air-driven into position. Cross-threaded = no pwobleem!

Staff in the factories are chosen at the factory gates each morning.
Leave your position for a piss and you will come back to find another person doing your job and you are escorted out of the premises.

You get what you pay for, indeed.

Yes, lined up at the gate. Heres your 5 minute crash course in frame welding now go to it !!!! some factories do operate like this, not all. The good ones actually have onsite apartment blocks, all the staff live in them together, the factories actually employ complete classrooms of students at the end of the year because the workers already know eachother from school and get along much better... Getting work in China is hard, working for a big factory that has modern thinking is actually not such a bad start for alot of those school kids, but unless you have seen this with your own eyes, it would be easy to think all factories run the "First through the gate" system.

newmanz
30th March 2007, 17:12
Made in Japan used to mean shite - now it means decent quality. Isn't this is bit like saying Wharehouse ruins TV/DVD sales? You get what you pay for - most people know if they buy from the warehouse it won't last too long.

I dont remember the warehouse having to recall and then bury in landfill 2000 DVD's... maybe Paul Holmes CD, but that was a nationwide recall by the ministry of health, it was just killing too many... ha ha !!!

SHELRACING
1st April 2007, 18:39
Sorry Bob.

Yeah I have to agree with WhiteTrash on this one. We have only had chinker imports and yes if you are not careful you can get a lousy one. You know that every Boxing Day there is a queue of people waiting to return goodsat the warehouse.
Our best import has lasted 18mths of hard racing and we havent had to do anything but replace the bits that we broke through crashing. Several adults and kids have ridden the bike and love it. It just keeps going when all the other bikes, that cost three times as much, break down. After some real soul searching I have reluctantly let it go.
WhiteTrash has just bought the bike and I know he will get hours of pleasure out of it.
Shel racing, Granma and Steve

onearmedbandit
1st April 2007, 18:53
No bob, we are talking racism, as soon as you brought the whaling thing into it. Are you that ignorant to believe that every Japanese person consumes whalemeat or supports whaling in its current form? I`ve been to Japan a few times now, and am married to a Japanese lady. I also have many Japanese friends. Guess what, not one of them suports whaling and only a few have even tried whale. But don`t let that stop you.

How about we group all NZ`ers together by the actions of the few? What should I pick? Child killers? Elderly woman rapists? Are you happy to be a part of that? You must be if you`re happy to group all `asians` together.

SixPackBack
1st April 2007, 19:38

Not cool dude. Asians are ice cool and fuckin' miles ahead of us in virtually every way.

Dodgyiti
1st April 2007, 20:38
I was at a Sustainable Business Forum last year, and was sitting next to a chap who used to be on the purchasing inner circle for Satan Tindall and his Devil Sheds.
After Satan had his talk at the forum, this guy said that the factories the Devil Sheds were buying from in China were in no way sustainable, some just openly polluting into the air/streams etc. And Satan is standing up there spouting how environmentally friendly the Devil Sheds were!
He took all the environmental measures that would save him money and make him look good in NZ, stuff the fact that cheap crap just ends up in landfill, no matter what country it is made in.
I agree with the comment that the Asian manufacturers aim to please, my evil multinetional has a few largish factories there with environmental and health and safety/ chemical safety far in advance of even big players here in NZ.:done:

Mr Skid
2nd April 2007, 18:23
Have any of you whinging bastards even tried whale meat?

And what's the crap about not buying Japanese goods because they hunt whales?

Norway hunt whales and they produce lots of attractive blonde Scandinavian women.
Are you telling me you'd turn down an attractive blonde Scandinavian woman because Norway hunt whales?

Hypocrites.

newmanz
2nd April 2007, 18:35
I was at a Sustainable Business Forum last year, and was sitting next to a chap who used to be on the purchasing inner circle for Satan Tindall and his Devil Sheds.
After Satan had his talk at the forum, this guy said that the factories the Devil Sheds were buying from in China were in no way sustainable, some just openly polluting into the air/streams etc. And Satan is standing up there spouting how environmentally friendly the Devil Sheds were!
He took all the environmental measures that would save him money and make him look good in NZ, stuff the fact that cheap crap just ends up in landfill, no matter what country it is made in.
I agree with the comment that the Asian manufacturers aim to please, my evil multinetional has a few largish factories there with environmental and health and safety/ chemical safety far in advance of even big players here in NZ.:done:

Lol Satin Tindall and his Devil sheds bloody funny mate, love it. Best laugh Ive had for ages on here. :Punk:

SixPackBack
2nd April 2007, 18:46
Norway hunt whales and they produce lots of attractive blonde Scandinavian women.
Are you telling me you'd turn down an attractive blonde Scandinavian woman because Norway hunt whales?

Hypocrites.

Has Mr Skid been fortunate enough to taste an attractive blonde Scandinavian women?

Lucky bastard!!

The_Dover
2nd April 2007, 19:18
Has Mr Skid been fortunate enough to taste an attractive blonde Scandinavian women?

Lucky bastard!!

I doubt it.

But I have it on good authority that he has tasted a bit of whale meat!:sick: