PDA

View Full Version : Blindfold speed record broken

Bob
23rd August 2004, 23:29
A blindfolded motorcyclist and a navigator have successfully set a new fastest lap record on a private racetrack in France. Anne Ryan, from Bluntisham, helped guide her companion Jason Pierce, from Bedford, as he rode his Yamaha R1 one lap around the 2.4km track without his sight.

The pair recorded an official record time of four minutes, 53.8 seconds.

Ryan said: "It was so scary, but more than anything the adrenaline really kicks in. I lost the foot peg half way round so I would definitely be up for challenging the record again I know we could improve."

Pierce added: "It was more scary than I first thought. The relationship between the pillion and the rider is very important. With more practice I could take one minute off the time and get it down to three minutes."

riffer
24th August 2004, 08:37
At 29.4 km/hr (hope my maths is right) that's got to be the slowest an R1 has ever gone around a racetrack.

I've got to ask though _ why would you want to do it? :spudwhat:

vifferman
24th August 2004, 09:06
At 29.4 km/hr (hope my maths is right) that's got to be the slowest an R1 has ever gone around a racetrack.

I've got to ask though _ why would you want to do it? :spudwhat:Yeah, your maths is good.
I guess he did it to be famous for 15 minutes? Or does everyone get less than 15 minutes of fame now that we're deep into the so-called "Communication Age"?
Actually, he could have gone a lot faster with my son on the back instead. When he's pillioning, the bike steers itself, and I can go to sleep.
But I guess that would be considered cheating...

Motoracer
24th August 2004, 10:48
Crazy c*nts!! Just cause he/she couldn't beat the *actual* lap record around there, he/she has to find new ways of holding a lap record. Sad...

vifferman
24th August 2004, 11:04
Crazy c*nts!! Just cause he/she couldn't beat the *actual* lap record around there, he/she has to find new ways of holding a lap record. Sad...Wot - like making himself blind?:blank:

bluninja
24th August 2004, 20:45
Could probably get most cage driving commuters to lap faster than that. After all, they drive like they're blind! :niceone: