PDA

View Full Version : Race fitness training

HDTboy
28th March 2007, 15:38
I stumbled upon this site (http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hot_news/index.htm?rider_training.asp) while looking for information on physical training for racing.

It is heavily off-road biased, but still very relevant to road racers. Being a Yamaha site gives it an official feel too

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 15:42
I stumbled upon this site (http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hot_news/index.htm?rider_training.asp) while looking for information on physical training for racing.

It is heavily off-road biased, but still very relevant to road racers. Being a Yamaha site gives it an official feel too

Pie's for breakfast, right???? :shutup: :Punk:

Shaun
28th March 2007, 15:46
Pie's for breakfast, right???? :shutup: :Punk:

You actually read it? Dam

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 15:50
You actually read it? Dam

Hey - I got my own 'training regeme'.......:rockon:

Shaun
28th March 2007, 15:51
Fitness training by Shaun 101

Sex for the Stamina

Smoking to increase lung capassity

Being a bit naughty some times to get used to the quick get away

NOT CRASHING HELPS FITNESS THE MOST

HDTboy
28th March 2007, 15:57
Thanks Shaun, fuck what that site has written on it.

From now on I'll be eating pies for brekky.

If it moves, I'll fuck it, if it doesn't move, I'll kick it, then fuck it.

I'm off to the dairy now to buy a pack of fags to suck

Then I'll shoot past the copshop on the way home.

IT'S THE LAST BIT WHICH I CAN'T FIGURE OUT

texmo
28th March 2007, 16:05
And heres me thinking this thread might be benifical to read...

Shaun
28th March 2007, 16:09
And heres me thinking this thread might be benifical to read... AH Wrong

I'm off to the dairy now to buy a pack of fags to suck
EDIT, Not at all advised

HDTboy
28th March 2007, 16:18
I thought sucking fags increased your lung capacity Shaun.

Have you got any clever suggestions to help improve racing fitness? I'll do my best to stop crashing.

texmo
28th March 2007, 16:26
I thought sucking fags increased your lung capacity Shaun.

Have you got any clever suggestions to help improve racing fitness? I'll do my best to stop crashing.

Sucking is also good for a sore throat.

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 16:33
Sucking is also good for a sore throat.

Hmmm....dontca just love the way motorcyclists can turn any sensible anything into a pisstake?? Fuggin' fantastic!!! :rockon:

texmo
28th March 2007, 16:37
Hmmm....dontca just love the way motorcyclists can turn any sensible anything into a pisstake?? Fuggin' fantastic!!! :rockon:

This aint no piss take mate, come see me next time you get a sore throat and I will prove it:yes:

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 16:39
This aint no piss take mate, come see me next time you get a sore throat and I will prove it:yes:

Hmm.....naa, im good maaate.:gob:

Ivan
28th March 2007, 17:20
hmmmmmmmmm whats up with this threadI was hoping something was good toread here but its about sucking being good for sore throats odd

HDTboy
28th March 2007, 17:24
The link in the first post was good, then team Homo got to the thread

Ivan
28th March 2007, 17:52
Great Team Homo hahaha

FROSTY
28th March 2007, 18:01
Holey cow--That whole section on overtraining--its stunning

cowpoos
28th March 2007, 19:17

If you get a frickin hair cut that will speed you up!!!!

HDTboy
28th March 2007, 19:24
Does that theory apply to Jay as well?

cowpoos
28th March 2007, 19:44
He's a poof too....and yes I have made him aware of that!!

mikey
28th March 2007, 20:04

last time i saw you on the track, you crashed 4 times in 24 hours. good on you for keeping at it, but maybe thats not the racer mentality. i try keep going after one crash but two, or three ? try not crashing. maybe a few beers before race to calm nerves.

Shaun
28th March 2007, 20:06
hmmmmmmmmm whats up with this threadI was hoping something was good toread here but its about sucking being good for sore throats odd

Stamina- Go do a 25 minute work out hard, Running or swimming or weights, take your pulse rate and make sure you set your programme to do 30 minutes neet time retaining your peak heart rate, if our races are for 20 minutes, make sure you train for 25 to make sure the tank is full of go go juice.

Breathing- This will come from the above training

Eating- Carbs a week before at least, banana,s- canned Rice- Fruit on the day

Visulisation ( ?spelling) Focus on your goal, think about. feel it. see yourself on the top step, believe you will be on the top step

Ivan
28th March 2007, 20:40
Cheers for that,
Yeah Im taking this season pretty serious not stopping for nothing,
I am running and doing alot of BMX push biking,
usally on a friday night go for a good run around Featherston try not to stop as at night its best its cooler and less people around,

Food Yes thats a big thing, lots of pure fruit juice and bannanas when we have them at home,

And that top step thats my main goal its there all the time its there right now,
I havemy own poster I made it has my best lap times, And Has written on the other side WIN 125's,

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 20:46
Stamina- Go do a 25 minute work out hard, Running or swimming or weights, take your pulse rate and make sure you set your programme to do 30 minutes neet time retaining your peak heart rate, if our races are for 20 minutes, make sure you train for 25 to make sure the tank is full of go go juice.

Breathing- This will come from the above training

Eating- Carbs a week before at least, banana,s- canned Rice- Fruit on the day

Visulisation ( ?spelling) Focus on your goal, think about. feel it. see yourself on the top step, believe you will be on the top step

Hey now, surely we can't go serious!!! good advice Mr. As per usual.....

Shaun
28th March 2007, 21:18
Hey now, surely we can't go serious!!! good advice Mr. As per usual.....

Thanks jay, some one had too, there are kids watching

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 21:25
Thanks jay, some one had too, there are kids watching

Kids???? Not too often I hope :gob:

Shaun
28th March 2007, 21:28
He's a poof too....and yes I have made him aware of that!!

Kids???? Not too often I hope

There's one for ya:sunny:

JayRacer37
28th March 2007, 21:58
Kids???? Not too often I hope

There's one for ya:sunny:

Hey!! I'm not sure I resemble that statement!!
Hows the TT planning going mate???

Shaun
29th March 2007, 02:13
Hey!! I'm not sure I resemble that statement!!
Hows the TT planning going mate???

It was aimed at the farmer mate

TT planning/plans are all complete apart from the black round thingies

Arrive on the Island on the 21st of May to give me old bones a chance to get into the time zone, it takes a while for me these days being old

You wanna pop over for a few days, can give you a place to kip J

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 09:42
It was aimed at the farmer mate

TT planning/plans are all complete apart from the black round thingies

Arrive on the Island on the 21st of May to give me old bones a chance to get into the time zone, it takes a while for me these days being old

You wanna pop over for a few days, can give you a place to kip J

Pwaoh, Faark i'd love to, unfortunatly my monetary assests don't agree with me going to the TT :bye: Have a fantastic trip though. What an experience.

svs
29th March 2007, 12:10
well if you can fit in luggage allowance, I'll take you over :) I'm going to go and wave a flag for all the kiwi's racing there

Shaun
29th March 2007, 12:16
Pwaoh, Faark i'd love to, unfortunatly my monetary assests don't agree with me going to the TT :bye: Have a fantastic trip though. What an experience.

thought you are going to be just over the water

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 12:19
thought you are going to be just over the water

Mate. Farrrk knows right now. At percisely this moment, plan is I cound be going over there for some testing around then. IF thats the case i'll definitly try and head over for the week. But, it changes so rapidy...I could be doing somthng else by then!! I can't confirm or deny a thing about it all right now, which is making it really hard.

Shaun
29th March 2007, 12:22
Mate. Farrrk knows right now. At percisely this moment, plan is I cound be going over there for some testing around then. IF thats the case i'll definitly try and head over for the week. But, it changes so rapidy...I could be doing somthng else by then!! I can't confirm or deny a thing about it all right now, which is making it really hard.

welcome to life over seas and racing dude, nothing is real untill you have shat it back out again mmmmmhim

Shaun
29th March 2007, 12:23
well if you can fit in luggage allowance, I'll take you over :) I'm going to go and wave a flag for all the kiwi's racing there

Get in touch just before you go mate, I will try to hook you up with some pit passes etc, do not rely on the internet to get me though

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 12:23
welcome to life over seas and racing dude, nothing is real untill you have shat it back out again mmmmmhim

Ohh yeas...you should see some of the backwards and fowards e-mails. Something that is 'definite' usually doesn't mean that.....DO'H!!

Shaun
29th March 2007, 12:28
Ohh yeas...you should see some of the backwards and fowards e-mails. Something that is 'definite' usually doesn't mean that.....DO'H!!

Had lots of those shirts J, my second sponsor left me in Japan with No wages and no food in the apartment with a broken leg for 5 days without a single thing to eat mmmm, course I was happy to him

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 12:35
Had lots of those shirts J, my second sponsor left me in Japan with No wages and no food in the apartment with a broken leg for 5 days without a single thing to eat mmmm, course I was happy to him

Yea..you learn quick in the big world I guess...Us young riders are lucky, perhaps sheltered, over here, with gentlemen like yourself supporting us. Big ups!!!!

svs
29th March 2007, 13:41
Get in touch just before you go mate, I will try to hook you up with some pit passes etc, do not rely on the internet to get me though

will do. will rely on that old fashioned phone thing that i carry round

Shaun
29th March 2007, 15:27
Yea..you learn quick in the big world I guess...Us young riders are lucky, perhaps sheltered, over here, with gentlemen like yourself supporting us. Big ups!!!!

This one is getting framed and going on the wall

Now here this, I AM A Gentelman bahahahahah
Mate when I started in racing here 21 years ago, I was very lucky, I got unbelievanle help very quick, Road And Sport Motorcycles helped me as if I had been racing for 3 seasons at the front of the pack, they made my life easy

I vowed to myself that I would not walk away untill I had given back 10 fold

Dom Jones was my first real project, and he now is racing Internationally, He PAID all his own way, I ONLY GUIDED AND ADVISED HIM

The problem now is who next? There a 3 125 riders that I would like to help this coming season as well as,I would walk across glass to get young Chris Bramley back on the track, and I have a feeling that is not to far away:sunny:

Now that will be exciting, he has so much talent in his head it shocked me to watch him sometimes.

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 15:40

Mate when I started in racing here 21 years ago, I was very lucky, I got unbelievanle help very quick, Road And Sport Motorcycles helped me as if I had been racing for 3 seasons at the front of the pack, they made my life easy

I vowed to myself that I would not walk away untill I had given back 10 fold

Dom Jones was my first real project, and he now is racing Internationally, He PAID all his own way, I ONLY GUIDED AND ADVISED HIM

The problem now is who next? There a 3 125 riders that I would like to help this coming season as well as,I would walk across glass to get young Chris Bramley back on the track, and I have a feeling that is not to far away:sunny:

Now that will be exciting, he has so much talent in his head it shocked me to watch him sometimes.

Shit yea, Chris was fantastic to watch, developed so quickly too...will be great if you can get him back. Good luck on other projects and riders too.

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 19:55

Whats with ur signature Shaun??? :mellow:

Shaun
29th March 2007, 21:35
Whats with ur signature Shaun??? :mellow:

Simple engreesh Geeeze, Jill is dam fast and very impressive

You are definately a goer

Jill needs a deal with Conti,s, briliant PR

Elcomprehendo

JayRacer37
29th March 2007, 22:24
Simple engreesh Geeeze, Jill is dam fast and very impressive

You are definately a goer

Jill needs a deal with Conti,s, briliant PR

Elcomprehendo

I think soo......hehehe
goer as in fast bro?? i goer, cheers!!!

Shaun
30th March 2007, 07:15
I think soo......hehehe
goer as in fast bro?? i goer, cheers!!!

Bingo, now get your arse over seas some where

Ivan
30th March 2007, 09:10
Yeah Jay!
Go overseas and develop some more tyres

Flyno
1st April 2007, 20:46
ivan you quote bout this page has gone rit of the topic of fitnees, then you go on bout tyres to Jay!!!! wtf
wake up

Flyno
1st April 2007, 20:50
back 2 fitness, you needa be fit! you gota put in wot you wana get out! a run once a week is shit! you dont achieve. a set rigeme for everynight is the best way

Ivan
1st April 2007, 22:25
thats a run,

I cycle basically every day alot of BMXing,
And then play kicks and cricket etc with my mates walk around everyday,
Its all fitness

moT
5th April 2007, 13:55
i think that squats wld be good because when raceing your constantly in that position my legs killed me the day after

texmo
20th April 2007, 13:56
Strap on a heart monitor before you go racing. Find out your average heart rate during a race.
Now train 3-4 times a week for atleast 20minutes at this heart rate.

Done.

Fishy
20th April 2007, 14:20
:laugh: some funny shit in here :yes:

cowpoos
20th April 2007, 14:46
:laugh: some funny shit in here :yes:
set us straight fishy....I been waiting for your input!!

oh...and how the hell are ya and sarah?? ain't heard from you kids in ages!!

Fishy
20th April 2007, 15:01
set us straight fishy....I been waiting for your input!!

oh...and how the hell are ya and sarah?? ain't heard from you kids in ages!!

Mate, I could sit here and type out an in depth fitness training program, but it would take a while and I prefer to write programs for individuals rather than for general population as everyone is different.

For road/track and offroad racing, core strength, muscular endurance and improving on cardiovascular fitness is what you would want to improve on.

I would then break it down to the specific anatomical movements and the muscles used with these movements while racing and prescribe exercises which replicate this movement as you want them to be as specific as possible to get them performing better when used in that exact same movement if you get what I mean. Its all about specificity when it comes to training for sport, any sport.

and yep me and Sarah are good mate, been very busy workin and fishin.

James Deuce
20th April 2007, 15:08
Barry Sheene is the only person to get race fitness training right so far.

Everyone else is wrong.

Wrong. With a capital W.

cowpoos
20th April 2007, 15:10

Everyone else is wrong.

Wrong. With a capital W.

sex beer sex beer and smokes!! ???

James Deuce
20th April 2007, 15:11
Taaaaa Daaaaa!

bistard
20th April 2007, 15:14

Everyone else is wrong.

Wrong. With a capital W.

My mistake I thought you were talking about my training,then I saw Barry "Sheene"
Sorry Jim

bistard
20th April 2007, 15:15
sex beer sex beer and smokes!! ???

Thats the same as my training,just minus the smokes!!!

cowpoos
20th April 2007, 15:17
Thats the same as my training,just minus the smokes!!!
I'm just missing the sex at the moment!!!

bistard
20th April 2007, 15:26
I'm just missing the sex at the moment!!!

Yeah & the funny thing is "By yourself dosnt count"
hahaha

cowpoos
20th April 2007, 15:44
Yeah & the funny thing is "By yourself dosnt count"
hahaha
smart bitch!!!!

texmo
20th April 2007, 15:46
Mate, I could sit here and type out an in depth fitness training program, but it would take a while and I prefer to write programs for individuals rather than for general population as everyone is different.

For road/track and offroad racing, core strength, muscular endurance and improving on cardiovascular fitness is what you would want to improve on.

I would then break it down to the specific anatomical movements and the muscles used with these movements while racing and prescribe exercises which replicate this movement as you want them to be as specific as possible to get them performing better when used in that exact same movement if you get what I mean. Its all about specificity when it comes to training for sport, any sport.

and yep me and Sarah are good mate, been very busy workin and fishin.

I still have the program you wrote me up and use the abb stuff a few times a week.

Fishy
20th April 2007, 15:53
I still have the program you wrote me up and use the abb stuff a few times a week.

That program I wrote you was for the general muscle conditioning stage for the first 4-6 weeks of your training. I reckon you have outgrown that program mate.

texmo
20th April 2007, 15:58
That program I wrote you was for the general muscle conditioning stage for the first 4-6 weeks of your training. I reckon you have outgrown that program mate.

Yeah but im still doing some of the exercises I am not doing the same weights.

Fishy
20th April 2007, 16:02
Yeah exercises are good but also need changing as your body soon gets used to the same old thing and the results from your training can plateau pretty quickly. I always change peoples programs between every 4-8 weeks depending on what they are training for.

Nicksta
22nd April 2007, 21:32
fishy's on to it... man you could make a bit of dosh doing programmes for racers ay.... i was writing one for Bruce.... but might just do it for myself now ;) got to have some advantage ay....