PDA

View Full Version : Please do not do this

earthbound misfit
28th March 2007, 19:03
Do not turn up for your test, restricted or full with any possible fault on your bike,

I had a faulty horn on my gpx250 and thought I would wing it, wrong ! FAIL

I had sourced a new switch as i new my horn didnt work but 2 days before test I fitted it and it had faulty indicator so had to put old switch unit back with the faulty horn ( You only get 2 days to postpone or cancel)

Anyway, thought I might get thru as others told me I should be sweet but I failed before leaving the carpark, $72 poorer for resit fee,

So dont waste your money , make sure everything is working order',

Im drowning my sorrows with glass of wine tonight,

So pissed off

jtzzr
28th March 2007, 19:08
Sorry to hear Earthbound Misfit( love the misfit bit ),good info for those going for a test ,hope you sort the prob with the horn. Best of luck for the next test.

Macktheknife
28th March 2007, 19:10
Bugger, sorry to hear that, good luck with getting it sorted and sitting the test next time, you will fly through.

Drum
28th March 2007, 19:12
Yeah that's pretty harsh alright.

Couldn't you have gone Hooooooooonk at the same time you pressed the button?

Better luck next time!

Lorax
28th March 2007, 19:12
Gutted bro, I'll double freaken check before I do that. Good luck with the resit!

earthbound misfit
28th March 2007, 19:28
The test dude did seem like a genuinely nice guy, but he said 'what if a child runs out onto the road during the test and i cant toot my horn? what might happen?,
''i can laugh about it now, but at the time it was terrible'' The Smiths,

ha

kneescraper
28th March 2007, 19:29
Thats pretty harsh, however when riding a motorcycle on a public road (any road including a private road that hasnt been fenced/gated off) you must have a warning device...the HORN!

Sorry dude, but I think the instructer made a fair call.

James Deuce
28th March 2007, 19:32
You fellas are aware that the erstwhile earthbound misfit is a dudette, right?

kneescraper
28th March 2007, 19:33
Sorry, my bad.....edit my last comment with dudette :) Enjoy the wine.

mdooher
28th March 2007, 19:34
Do not turn up for your test, restricted or full with any possible fault on your bike,

I had a faulty horn on my gpx250 and thought I would wing it, wrong ! FAIL

I had sourced a new switch as i new my horn didnt work but 2 days before test I fitted it and it had faulty indicator so had to put old switch unit back with the faulty horn ( You only get 2 days to postpone or cancel)

Anyway, thought I might get thru as others told me I should be sweet but I failed before leaving the carpark, $72 poorer for resit fee,

So dont waste your money , make sure everything is working order',

Im drowning my sorrows with glass of wine tonight,

So pissed off

I was washing my wife’s bike on the Sunday night before her Monday morning (9am) restricted test.
“Has is got a warrant” she asks while watching me.
“Of course is has” say I as I bend to have a look….. “Shit……”
So I need to decide do I risk the testing station at 0730 Monday or go to my friendly motorcycle shop at 0830 when they open.
I decide to go for the motorcycle shop and beg…
Well they laughed, then one mechanic wrote out the WOF while the other checked it in record time (didn’t miss anything though) I left six minutes after I arrived and they filled out the paperwork and bill later.
Of course the tester didn’t even look at the WOF