PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Wellington Motorcycles

Terminated
28th March 2007, 21:49
Wanted to bring this into the General Bike Ravings Thread to acknowledge the support of Wellington Motorcycles.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Big Thank You To Wellington Motorcycles

To Pete McDonald and Steve Dundon and all the team at Wellington Motorcycles, thank you for your wonderful professional service. Pete was up to speed with my health situation and though I was looking at the SVnaked 650, and ridden the SV650S –demo bike [didn’t have a naked demo bike to ride], I knew I had to take a few deep breaths and get out and about and really focus on the ergonomic bike style that best suited me. [To all you GN250 riders out there, go sit on a V-Strom your initial thoughts may be this bike is huge, well forget about that for a moment. Just sit on it and notice how very very similar the ergonomic configuration is to the GN250. Through your graduated licence system you will gain the confidence and by the time you get your full licence the V-Strom will not ‘look’ so big.]

The DL650 V-Strom has such good reputation and I decided in weighing up health considerations and potential challenges that lay ahead, that within budget, and my long term goals and objectives, my decision not to stop riding is the right one.

And thank you all out there in the Kiwibiker community for your kind words and support this past week, it was very much appreciated, and without that support I may have taken off the riding gear never to ride again.

Heads Up and Enjoy
Guy

Crasherfromwayback
28th March 2007, 22:51
Thanks for the kind words!

Hope the weather holds out for you so you can clock up some serious k's on that new bike.

Pete:sunny:

Hawkeye
28th March 2007, 23:17
Big thumbs up yet again to Wellington Motorcycles. You guys never fail to step up to the challenge whenever a member of this community (family) needs your help and support.:niceone:
You guys rock

Macktheknife
28th March 2007, 23:20
So you got one, cool. I knew you would like it, really glad to hear you are staying with it guy, especially knowing how much pleasure it gives you.
Big ups to Wellington Motorcycles for the help in sorting you out.

Lucy
29th March 2007, 03:58
Yay!

When you talked about giving up riding (albeit not by choice) it just seemed WRONG.

And that bike looks much more appropriate for an ex GN rider (what have you done with yours by the way?). After all, we are not really 'cruiser' riders, but stealth bombers, undercover hardcore 'don't mess with me' serious bikers, members of a secret club who know we are onto a good thing, laughing our way from the bank on our mighty shiny steeds...yadda yadda yadda. Ok it's late.....

Nasty
29th March 2007, 05:13
Absolute fantastic news Buckbuck ... and now the next ride is where and when???? - Nasty :scooter:

Dafe
29th March 2007, 05:57
Awesome stuff Buck Buck.

Can't say the other cruiser you brought was very exciting, but the VStrom looks awesome! Can't wait to see it. Best of all, you'll now be riding with some really nice stability, control & power available to you.

No suprise, Pete's shit hot when it comes to taking care of the locals......

If there's one thing I've come to learn in my years of biking.

Buy your bike off Pete M. Buy your riding gear off Kerry T.

Oh, and service your bike at Dave Andersons! :shutup:

and you'll never be dissapointed!

Edbear
29th March 2007, 07:23
Good to hear! Is the V-Strom the perfect bike for NZ? Must be close! Once past the looks, (and they're gaining acceptance), it really is a brilliant piece of work! The thou was my second choice and I do wish I could have got both!

86GSXR
29th March 2007, 07:30
Well done BB and good on Wellington Motorcycles! I bought my first gixxer from you 19 years ago and loved it so much I've still got two of them today.

Pwalo
29th March 2007, 07:56
Well done old chum. You'll just have to watch your speed for the next few weeks.

WMCC are a pretty good bunch of guys to deal with, and seem to be selling a few 650s.

Trudes
29th March 2007, 08:06
That is awesome news Guy!!! I can so see you riding that too!!:rockon:

Colapop
29th March 2007, 08:10
Good news Guy. Jesus Pete you're a helpful buugger aren't ya?

kiwifruit
29th March 2007, 08:26
Great news Sir :yes:
Enjoy!

Devil
29th March 2007, 08:30
Congrats. Great bikes. Now go get a givi screen or a madstad bracket to fix that buffeting and you're away.

...consider a fogcity visor insert too while you're at it. The only problem I had in winter with the demo-strom was I couldn't unfog my visor without standing up!

...and while you're unfogging your visor, you'll start to enjoy riding around standing. Good fun, and with the location of the gauges on the strom you can see your speed fine without having to crouch down again!

Paul in NZ
29th March 2007, 08:47
Well done mate - good bikes I reckon. Never understood why Suzuki seemed to want to make them look so BIG with all that bodywork but the layout / engineering etc is all exactly what Ms Vicki and I should be using.

Matt
29th March 2007, 08:51
Nice one - when I saw you at Wellington Motorcycles yesterday I guessed you were looking at a Strom! (I was the big guy who went for a blat on the 675!) - have fun :)

Matt

Terminated
4th April 2007, 22:10
Thank you all so very much for your comments.

I am so very happy with the DL650, and yes some new gear: boots, gloves, draggin jeans, emergency tyre repair kit from Wellington Motorcycles. Also recently got a 1-person first aid kit from Upper Hutt Safety Shop, it can velcro loop through jeans belt under jacket.

I am finding the tacho readings and gearing up to 5000rpm quite easy and that 4th gear is very much the gear upto 5000rpm shifting to 5th at 80kph. A real delight to ride.

Heads Up and Enjoy :yes: :scooter: :yes: :scooter: :yes:

Steam
4th April 2007, 22:21
Oh, and service your bike at Dave Andersons! :shutup:

Ride all the way there and wait around? How odd... how do they arrange that?

Terminated
4th April 2007, 22:27
And that bike looks much more appropriate for an ex GN rider what have you done with yours by the way?

Sold Golf November Two Five Zero privately to a new rider, who will be collecting the bike after Easter.

Heads Up and Enjoy:yes: :scooter: :yes: :scooter: :yes: