PDA

View Full Version : Puke Sat 28th? Not 27th

curious george
24th August 2004, 14:16
I've been told that Friday the 27th has been cancelled, and moved to the 28th.
Good news for me, but does anyone else know about it?
Who can make it? there are 3 confirmed and 2 pending (come on KK!) from where I am, but hopefully there will be more on Saturday if people know about it!
Add your name below....... :spudwave:

Motoracer
24th August 2004, 14:23
I've been told that Friday the 27th has been cancelled, and moved to the 28th.
Good news for me, but does anyone else know about it?
Who can make it? there are 3 confirmed and 2 pending (come on KK!) from where I am, but hopefully there will be more on Saturday if people know about it!
Add your name below....... :spudwave:

I'll come and ride the push bike around the track in the morning before 10:30 to practice for my next race LOL.

I'll be comming to say hi and watch you guys and prolly time some of you as well...

Loosebruce is keen I think.

Cajun
24th August 2004, 14:24
I'll come and ride the push bike around the track in the morning before 10:30 to practice for my next race LOL.

I'll be comming to say hi and watch you guys and prolly time some of you as well...

Loosebruce is keen I think.

damn it won't have my super corsas on by then )c:< i don't wanna put them on until i get back wellington or they be stuffed by time i'm back

That Guy
24th August 2004, 14:44
Hey CG!

Yep oil be there if it IS on Saturday <_< Need to get my blue #43 RGV (stand aside Hoon!) sorted before the 12th......

FROSTY
24th August 2004, 15:21
Guy--if ya can-see if ya can borror a cdi from a wrecker. -mite be worth the effort

That Guy
24th August 2004, 15:25
Guy--if ya can-see if ya can borror a cdi from a wrecker. -mite be worth the effort

If all I have done (new fuel lines, cleaned out carbs/filters, replaced plugs, plugs caps leads, coils and ignition switch, new battery) doesn't sort it I think yep the cdi will be next. I'll nick George's cdi on the day (eh George :) ) if I need to (hope not - hope I've got it now :crybaby: ) to prove that either way.....

That Guy
24th August 2004, 15:50
Just rang the track - this Saturday (28th) is definately on - there has been a change. C u fullas there then.... :scooter:

Hoon
24th August 2004, 16:30
Yep I'll be there weather pending!! The ZXR is all ready for Round 1, just the rider that needs the work now - esp my corner speeds.

That link that MR posted a while back is more up to date for Track days:

http://www.pukekohe.org.nz/motorracing.htm

Motoracer
24th August 2004, 16:38
Yep I'll be there weather pending!! The ZXR is all ready for Round 1, just the rider that needs the work now - esp my corner speeds.

Have you changed your rear tire since you had the one that came with the bike?

loosebruce
24th August 2004, 16:53
Friday, Saturday, Monday, whatever i'm there no matter what, just got to sort rear tyre out. And hoping maybe to have an on board camera sussed as well.................

C U guys there :niceone:

Motoracer
24th August 2004, 16:58
Friday, Saturday, Monday, whatever i'm there no matter what, just got to sort rear tyre out. And hoping maybe to have an on board camera sussed as well.................

C U guys there :niceone:

Kewl kewl, we'll have to make a nice road blast video out of it soon then!

loosebruce
24th August 2004, 17:03
Kewl kewl, we'll have to make a nice road blast video out of it soon then!

It'd be rude not to, as well as some on board "death" wheelie action.

Two Smoker
24th August 2004, 17:50
It'd be rude not to, as well as some on board "death" wheelie action.
Ill be keen and just hope my number plate "falls" off......

Can't make it this week sorry :( as im working 12 hour days until tuesday (i think) next week..... But just think where all the $$$$ are going too :msn-wink:

loosebruce
24th August 2004, 18:06
Ill be keen and just hope my number plate "falls" off......

If it doesn't fall off i'll be sure to bring the right tools to take it off :niceone:

Hoon
24th August 2004, 18:15
Have you changed your rear tire since you had the one that came with the bike?

Yeah I've got supercorsas on there now. Once I get faster I'll be getting a rear mich pilot slick to match your old front I got off Frosty.

Ohh hey I'll bring that DVD for you too!

750Y
25th August 2004, 08:34
...just got to sort rear tyre out. ....

did you wear it out already?!?!?!

Motoracer
25th August 2004, 09:51
did you wear it out already?!?!?!

Fully worn after getting 700Ks out of it! :wacko:

Cajun
25th August 2004, 09:55
Fully worn after getting 700Ks out of it! :wacko:

and i trying to screw the last few kms out of mine and i done 5000kms on it

hahaha

Motoracer
25th August 2004, 09:59

hahaha

LOL you cheap hoe... Just be careful that you don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire. When your tire is that worn out, it is very likely to get a puncture.

750Y
25th August 2004, 10:05
hahaha

you think you're cheap, i counted 7 steel belts this morning. they look kinda cool but feels a bit weird..

Cajun
25th August 2004, 10:07
LOL you cheap hoe... Just be careful that you don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire. When your tire is that worn out, it is very likely to get a puncture.

its not to bad, still got a bit of life in it, about another 500 odd kms then its getting to bald for me, it most likley have plenty of life in it for 'other people' but when there is only thing wheels keeping you safe, i usual replace them before they get bad

Cajun
25th August 2004, 10:08
you think you're cheap, i counted 7 steel belts this morning. they look kinda cool but feels a bit weird..

i not that bad, still about 3mm of tread in middle of tire

loosebruce
26th August 2004, 21:19

Steel belts on a K3 thou, respect is due :wacko:

loosebruce
26th August 2004, 21:23
Oh yeah i picked up all the bits n peices i needed to get for the bullet camrea so i'm putting it altogether tonight, maybe giving it as test tonight, but should be all good for pukekohe on saturday. Shit ain't cheap though :weep:

Two Smoker
26th August 2004, 21:26
i not that bad, still about 3mm of tread in middle of tire
you know your tyre is supposed to be worn over ALL the tyre :msn-wink: not just in the centre hehehe... 5000km's????? DAMN i wish i got 5000kms as much as Bruce wishes he got 3000kms from his tyre lol.......

Quasievil
26th August 2004, 21:53
Well as of yesterday when riding with the Loose bruce he had about as much of a tread pattern as I have on my head, and if youve seen my head you will know what I mean.The loose definately needs a new trye.
Hey would love to come up on Saturday, soccer isnt till 11am so wont get there till later in the day but will try for sure, be bringing minime so no bike

loosebruce
26th August 2004, 22:39
Well as of yesterday when riding with the Loose bruce he had about as much of a tread pattern as I have on my head, and if youve seen my head you will know what I mean.The loose definately needs a new trye.
Hey would love to come up on Saturday, soccer isnt till 11am so wont get there till later in the day but will try for sure, be bringing minime so no bike

:killingme old age huh quasi, mind you i'm already going grey at 22 :doh: i would look at colouring it but that cost's precious petrol money, besides cutting it all off does the trick. I got me a new tyre today :eek: as well as chain n sprockets, i put another tyre on hold for two weeks time, but am going try n ride less fast and go for three weeks this time :wacko:

Two Smoker
26th August 2004, 22:44
:killingme old age huh quasi, mind you i'm already going grey at 22 :doh: i would look at colouring it but that cost's precious petrol money, besides cutting it all off does the trick. I got me a new tyre today :eek: as well as chain n sprockets, i put another tyre on hold for two weeks time, but am going try n ride less fast and go for three weeks this time :wacko:
lets emphisise the word "try" here,

Maybe we should get a poll going.......

Bruce's tyre will last....... : 1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks
1 day (coz he will bloody pull a rolling burnie.....)

Cajun
27th August 2004, 07:40
you know your tyre is supposed to be worn over ALL the tyre :msn-wink: not just in the centre hehehe... 5000km's????? DAMN i wish i got 5000kms as much as Bruce wishes he got 3000kms from his tyre lol.......

problem i am doing 250+kms a week of communting on straight roads, not good for a tire.

Firefight
27th August 2004, 08:50
For you hard arses that want to go round and round in circles at Puke, I will post the weather conditions at 08.00 hours sat morn, if anyone needs it txtéd pm me your cellY# (bruce I've got yours)

F/F :banana:

Cajun
27th August 2004, 09:59
For you hard arses that want to go round and round in circles at Puke, I will post the weather conditions at 08.00 hours sat morn, if anyone needs it txtéd pm me your cellY# (bruce I've got yours)

arn't you a good old man

curious george
27th August 2004, 10:01

Sweet as! Thanks FF!
Will you be making a guest apperance? Or perhaps a few laps?
*fingers crossed for good weather

750Y
27th August 2004, 10:13
:killingme old age huh quasi, mind you i'm already going grey at 22 :doh:...
I started getting grey hairs at 16. my nan was completely white at 30.
thats why i got a grey bike... so i could be colour coordinated like the cajunator.. 8-)

Cajun
27th August 2004, 10:14
I started getting grey hairs at 16. my nan was completely white at 30.
thats why i got a grey bike... so i could be colour coordinated like the cajunator.. 8-)

thats me the colour coodinated, now where are some yellow boots damn it

Kwaka-Kid
27th August 2004, 11:29
sorry guys no can make! project wont be finished by then!

ad 5,000k's? Fuckme i get like 12,000k's outta my tyres, and then some.

Cajun
27th August 2004, 11:48
sorry guys no can make! project wont be finished by then!

ad 5,000k's? Fuckme i get like 12,000k's outta my tyres, and then some.

well KK i would have a rear bridgestone 014 180/55 -17 if you want it then dc:< i am sure if ya going on the track it still got plenty of milage, its just in the middle, and starting to get a little loose in the wet

Coldkiwi
27th August 2004, 12:33
ok... so if Puke isn't on the menu (still haven't organised my crash bungs),, anyone keen to go round Coromandel?

Cajun
27th August 2004, 12:43
ok... so if Puke isn't on the menu (still haven't organised my crash bungs),, anyone keen to go round Coromandel?

not me this weekend but we have to catch up again CK, another time

Firefight
27th August 2004, 13:37

Oh, so you do still ride ?

F/F

Zed
27th August 2004, 15:23
Oh, so you do still ride ?

F/Flol...I'd have to see it to believe it in this case! :whistle:

Coldkiwi
27th August 2004, 17:24
lol...I'd have to see it to believe it in this case! :whistle:

alright ladies... Affman and I are heading around kawakawa/kaiaua loop tomorrow. Leaving howick at 2ish and we'll be at Clevedon by APPROXIMATELY 2:20. Anyone wanting to follow in the distance is quite welcome :)

txt me on 021 537 473 when I'm running late :)

Zed
27th August 2004, 18:19
alright ladies... Affman and I are heading around kawakawa/kaiaua loop tomorrow. Leaving howick at 2ish and we'll be at Clevedon by APPROXIMATELY 2:20. Anyone wanting to follow in the distance is quite welcome :)

txt me on 021 537 473 when I'm running late :)
Leaving it a bit late in the day aren't you? :spudwhat: I'm keen on a ride but will be heading back home around that time.

shawnmoll
27th August 2004, 18:29
I'm new here. What is the day all about? What time does it start?

Zed
27th August 2004, 18:35
I'm new here. What is the day all about? What time does it start?
Hi there shawnmoll. It is an Open day at Pukekohe raceway where you can take your bike (as is) on the track for $80. They break the track times up into sessions of 20 minutes. There are separate sessions for cars & bikes. Starts around 10.30am and goes till 4.00pm.

You keen on riding out there for a look? :cool:

Zed

Zed
28th August 2004, 18:27
What can I say - brilliant weather, good track surface, great biker company, awesome riding!! :2thumbsup

Good to ride on the track with fellow KBr's: Loosebruce, 750Y, Hoon, Curious George, and That Guy.
Good to see supportive spectators: Quasievil, Andrew, Motoracer, Yamahamaman, Shawnmoll.

5 different groups of vehicles so only 1 session for bikes every 80mins, but got in 4 sessions throughout the day and every one was worth the wait & $80 price!

No major problems or bins thankfully! Only issue I can think of is Loosebruce loosing his rh muffler from its rivots :o . Not a major and all fixed up for the next session.

Looking forward to seeing some action pics & maybe a movie or two from some of our dedicated KB photographers. :msn-wink:

Not many more open days remaining at Pukekohe this year so if you are thinking of doing it for the first time I'd encourage you to get there within the next 6 weeks some time - well worth the money & effort I say! :cool:

Zed

curious george
28th August 2004, 18:40
Good to put a face to the name Zed!
A great day apart from Bruce throwing his bike bits about.
And the drifters.....but dont start me......
Good to meet some new people, missed 750Y I think?

750Y
29th August 2004, 17:38
sorry to leave so abruptly guys without saying goodbye, didn't mean to seem like a snob, i received some bad news so didn't really feel much like talking. c

dss3
25th January 2006, 16:11
Might see you all there, depending how boozed I get on Friday night as have a partaaay to go to.

Plus I have a slight grudge with a particular John Deer sign that I would like to settle!

dss3
25th January 2006, 16:14
What a fucking goober, this is an old thread from last year aye! How the hell did I end up here... time for another double brown I think.

skidMark
25th January 2006, 20:21
lol stay off the drugs dss3

loosebruce
25th January 2006, 21:52
What a fucking goober, this is an old thread from last year aye! How the hell did I end up here... time for another double brown I think.

:laugh: fuck you're a funny cunt dazza, how did you manage this, prolly gonna confuse the fuck out of everyone heading to puke this friday, nice one dick.

Two Smoker
26th January 2006, 18:53
Might see you all there, depending how boozed I get on Friday night as have a partaaay to go to.

Plus I have a slight grudge with a particular John Deer sign that I would like to settle!

Ya fucking wanker... i nearly had a heart attack when i saw this... especially since it has taken a week of planning to get me there...

FROSTY
26th January 2006, 19:42
fucken heart attack--