PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Fish's birthday drinks - Christchurch, Sat 31 Mar 07

jrandom
29th March 2007, 17:04
I'll be stuck away from civilisation on my birthday this year. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and a gentleman of my advanced years can hardly afford to pass up his few remaining opportunities to commiserate such occasions.

I'll be finishing up Le Race (http://www.lerace.co.nz/) around lunchtime, then wobbling back into town to dine and drink with a small assortment of geeks, misfits and cyclists at the Dux de Lux (http://www.thedux.co.nz/index.cfm/Christchurch) from 8pm onwards.

If any of you Cannerbrrrrry types fancy dropping by for a pint and a catchup, do let me know. I'll be sure to check the forum for any necessary identification protocols at the appropriate juncture.

Joni
29th March 2007, 17:12
It would be good to see you again funny man... Hopefully we can make it! Will let you know :yes:

miSTa
30th March 2007, 07:24
Maybe...going to another birthday bash, depends on what time we'll leave there.

The Lone Rider
31st March 2007, 14:12
This isnt the big meet up of bikers on Manchester at around 2pm is it? I just went to the Harley store for a nosey and found myself only one amongst a whole block of bikes parked all down the road, and there were a lot of people in leathers hanging about. I must have been the youngest there by about 20 years :oP

miSTa
31st March 2007, 17:44
No, that was the Thunder Ride leaving EW's at 2:30. Agree with with you about them a bunch of old farts...

jrandom
31st March 2007, 18:04
Old farts. Yeucchhhh.

Anyway, er, sorry, chaps, but I had a bit of a bad time at the ride today. I'm on my way home to bed. Have to catch you next time I'm in town, I'm afraid.

I'd post a race report, but I'm not sure whether KB is an appropriate forum for that sort of riding...

The Lone Rider
31st March 2007, 20:10
How you lot know about the "Thunder Ride" ? I just ran into it on accident.

cynna
1st April 2007, 01:05
seen it advertised in the press. anyone here go?

The Lone Rider
1st April 2007, 17:23
Well I went, but it was totally by accident and I left after 5 mins as I was getting funny looks and I was quite confused as to what was happening in the first place.

SDU
2nd April 2007, 12:01
Anyway, er, sorry, chaps, but I had a bit of a bad time at the ride today. I'm on my way home to bed. Have to catch you next time I'm in town, I'm afraid.

I'd post a race report, but I'm not sure whether KB is an appropriate forum for that sort of riding...

Pity. Heard there were a few crashes on that ride, hope you were'nt one of them. It was a warm day for the ride.
Oh & Happy Birthday:drinkup:

Well I went, but it was totally by accident and I left after 5 mins as I was getting funny looks and I was quite confused as to what was happening in the first place.

I didn't know anything about the ride either. Oh well there lost if they couldn't welcome another rider into the fold. Was it a hog run?

Sniper
4th April 2007, 10:25
Now I read this. Bugger, missed at chance at Fine Alcohol education 101.

Hope you had a goodun

Joni
4th April 2007, 10:26
Nah Sniper, he did not, he was a little ill after the race! :sick:

The Lone Rider
4th April 2007, 20:05
I didn't know anything about the ride either. Oh well there lost if they couldn't welcome another rider into the fold. Was it a hog run?

Well I don't think there was anything to welcome as I had no idea what was going on and they seemed to at least know each other a bit. I just went into the store as I had originally intended, looked around and left.

It was all sorts of Harleys, including a trike or two