PDA

View Full Version : Oh no the drummer's exploded!

riffer
30th March 2007, 10:55
Just for you Jim2.

Found on my travels.

What a performance. Still one of the best bands ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-JdubfUCw

One day I must work out how to attach these vids...

Big Dave
30th March 2007, 11:21

You have to be smarter than the interface.

the last bit of the yt code pasted between two tags obtained from the insert button above

Devil
30th March 2007, 11:30
Just for you Jim2.

Found on my travels.

What a performance. Still one of the best bands ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-JdubfUCw

Stick with the linking. It's less irritating.

Big Dave
30th March 2007, 11:37
N7ca2D2EnqQ

MisterD
30th March 2007, 12:43
Nice BD, that's what I was expecting when exploding drummers was mentioned....but cheers Riffer, the sun's shining and the Lambretta's coming out of the shed.

Bass
30th March 2007, 13:33
mmmmmmm............John Entwhistle..........mmmmm

Babelfish
30th March 2007, 13:40
Holy shite, thats some serious level of shit in the old blood stream!

I note the embedding code is right next to the you tube video too if that helps? Just a copy and paste away.

blacksheep
30th March 2007, 13:44
:lol: spinal tap---very funny movie,stonehenge part of movie gets me every time

hXc
30th March 2007, 14:03
BD: We were talking about that scene in Spinal Tap in Media Studies the other day. It's not just some stupid movie, for those who can't see past the denotation. That whole scene is about how guys in particular, talk about how their things are better than someone else's 'cause they are bigger, or go louder etc.

Same as the Holden ads that were on a while ago, with the 6speed box. Right at the start they tell us it's a 6speed box, that's all we need to know. We don't need to physically see the guy driving put it into 6th and power off - it's all saying that 'we have a 6speed box, so ours is better.'

:lol: spinal tap---very funny movie,stonehenge part of movie gets me every time
And the guitar solo...The musicians among is will get this one, if they look at it with the same attitude as I displayed above.
<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClA0OcwJ-8E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Babelfish
30th March 2007, 14:10
context always aids the oppening of eyes

James Deuce
30th March 2007, 14:41
Thanks for the thought riffer, but I never grokked The Who.

Melodious drivel for old farts with no upper or mid range hearing left.

Big Dave
30th March 2007, 15:07
wJ-8E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Get the DVD and watch the 'bonus added value tracks' - one has them overdubbing the movie 12 years later for the dvd.

It's actually funnier than the movie.

Big Dave
30th March 2007, 15:09

Don't rate Tommy as the ground breaking introduction of the symphony to rock then.

Or the syth solos as the roots of techno.

James Deuce
30th March 2007, 15:18
I've often thought that there were many things attributed to The Who that shouldn't have been.

But remember we're talking about music, so it's all subjective.

MisterD
30th March 2007, 15:19

Surely a drumming connosewer such as yourself has to appreciate the sheer ground breaking talent of Mr Moon...and not just in the Rollers into swimming pools department.

Right up there with John Bonham in the rock drummer pantheon IMO.

James Deuce
30th March 2007, 15:25
Well there's where we differ eh? Keith Moon is to John Bonham as Bill Ward is to Ian Paice.

99% of the bands I like have a drummer at the helm who provides both a solid foundation and a stylistic derivation from the norm with out losing the essential foundations of groove. Zigaboo Modeliste makes most of his chronological compatriots look like amateurs, but very few people in NZ ever cottoned on to The Meters.

Keith Moon was so out there and on the edge of catastrophe all the time, that I feel The Who lack the "something" that makes me connect with their music. The stand out musician in that band is John Entwhistle.

See? Subjective.

MisterD
30th March 2007, 15:39
Well there's where we differ eh? Keith Moon is to John Bonham as Bill Ward is to Ian Paice.

The reason I rate Moon and Bonham together are that I'd recognise their style without the rest of the band around them..and probably the only other drummers I can do that with are Neil Peart, Frank Beard and Phil Taylor (what an incongruous gig line up that would be...)

I'm not a muso myself though, just a skinny white boy that likes loud guitars and drums...hence why I'd rate Billy Gibbons light years ahead of Satriani or Vai as a guitarist.

BarBender
30th March 2007, 18:05
99% of the bands I like have a drummer at the helm who provides both a solid foundation and a stylistic derivation from the norm with out losing the essential foundations of groove. Zigaboo Modeliste makes most of his chronological compatriots look like amateurs, but very few people in NZ ever cottoned on to The Meters.

Yeah too right! Joseph Modeliste has a huge influence on music - alot more than what people tend to think. Would definitely rate him above the guys mentioned - As I would Ginger Baker,Billy Cobham, Gene Gruper, Buddy Rich and Steve Gadd......Subjective alright.

I'm not a muso myself though, just a skinny white boy that likes loud guitars and drums...hence why I'd rate Billy Gibbons light years ahead of Satriani or Vai as a guitarist.
:shutup: :shutup: Dont get me started on guitarists.....