PDA

View Full Version : Trail Rides (in the adventure section???)

cooneyr
30th March 2007, 13:26
I know that this is the wrong forum to be advertising trailworx trail rides but are any adventure rides on real bikes (or should that be real big pigs) interested in any of the three rides? I'm thinking about putting the D606 tyres on and going for a blat with the hope of improving the skills and having a bit of fun. Don't know which one yet but how are others placed on these weekends and any recommendations as to which one is best. Cost $40 per rider.

Hawarden - Sun 29 April
Omahi - Sun 13 May
Glenntunnel - Sun 3 June

Cheer R

Flyer's attached

Transalper
30th March 2007, 13:30
check with Lynton at DAS as to what you looking for in a ride and he would probably suggest which ones to look at doing.
If you go to one, i will probably follow... but on the crf and with the camera :innocent:

cooneyr
30th March 2007, 13:33
check with Lynton at DAS as to what you looking for in a ride and he would probably suggest which ones to look at doing.
If you go to one, i will probably follow... but on the crf and with the camera :innocent:

Wimp - bring the tranny!

I'll talk to Linton.

Cheers R

Transalper
30th March 2007, 13:34
BTW... there's a Richie Morgan one on soon too at $30 per rider...

ROTHERHAM SCHOOL TRAILRIDE
Sunday 22nd April 2007
Breathtaking Scenery (held wet or fine)
Continuous Loop /Family Loop/Enduro Deviations – well marked
Great Food available to purchase all day
$30 per Rider - $45 per Family (1 adult and 2 school age children over 10)
All proceeds to our great little school
Marked and Marshaled by R. Morgan 03 315 8249
Attended by St Johns Ambulance
Following on from the Honda Kids Campout
Sign posted from Culverden – 1.5 hours North of Chch, 20 minutes from Hanmer.
COME AND ENJOY A GREAT DAY OUT!!

Note: the 3rd June from your list in the first post is smack in the middle of our Brass Monkey Weekend Adventure.. as seen in my Youtube video Back Roads to the Brass Monkey Rally 2006 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aWrcUw-YU).
Probably away sometime Friday to Monday afternoon/evening on that.

PLUG
30th March 2007, 18:59
i'm keen to have a crack with others on simlar bikes ... will need a couple of human cranes to help pick up the dirty dakar ... happy to join what ever ride you sort out ...

cooneyr
31st March 2007, 20:01

Note: the 3rd June from your list in the first post is smack in the middle of our Brass Monkey Weekend Adventure..

Good call on the Brass weekend. One of the other two then or the one you posted. I'm going to call Linton sometime next week. Prob go for the May one at this stage.

Cheers R

nigelp
31st March 2007, 20:39
There are about 4 rides advertised in the motorcycle section of the press today. I think two of them were honda adventures and think the others looked like fundraisers. Worth a look anyway! If I get a bike in time will definately be a starter!

Kickaha
31st March 2007, 21:58

The Rotheram ride was one of the best I've done ( 2 years ago), the loop was about 40km and a good mix of terrain from rolling paddocks to riverbed to hills to a bloody great bog, of course I did end requiring a knee op after that one :yes: (not that we were racing)

cooneyr
1st April 2007, 08:58
There are about 4 rides advertised in the motorcycle section of the press today. I think two of them were honda adventures and think the others looked like fundraisers. Worth a look anyway! If I get a bike in time will definately be a starter!

I'll grab that section of the press off the old man tonight. Cheers for that. I didnt realise there was so many of them organised around canterbury.

The Rotheram ride was one of the best I've done ( 2 years ago), the loop was about 40km and a good mix of terrain from rolling paddocks to riverbed to hills to a bloody great bog, of course I did end requiring a knee op after that one :yes: (not that we were racing)

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an interesting one - I know pigs like mud but not sure if I'm keen on trying to extract my pig from a "bloody great bog". Just adds to the challange though!

Cheers R

Transalper
1st April 2007, 09:20
The Honda adventures by Grenvill have a rep for being more congested and often a little nasty in places.

Kickaha
1st April 2007, 11:17
Thanks for the info. Sounds like an interesting one - I know pigs like mud but not sure if I'm keen on trying to extract my pig from a "bloody great bog". Just adds to the challange though!

Cheers R

They may not run the same track each year, I was on a KDX200 and I wouldn't really have wanted anything heavier

The Honda adventures by Grenvill have a rep for being more congested and often a little nasty in places.

I've done quite a few of Grenvilles ride and haven't ever had a problem with rider congestion and although sometimes his trail marking have sometimes left a bit to be desired I haven't ever had a problem getting around them on my IT200, although for some reason on each of his rides there always seems to be a fiuk off great big hill to get up

most of the rides I have done there were 100-120+ riders and the loops have been 30km+, so 120+ riders spread over 30km+ of track doesn't mean to many traffic jams

cooneyr
2nd April 2007, 07:47
My boss is working on Sunday the 29th April so I'm putting my hand up to do the Hawarden ride. How does that work for others?

Depending on the outcome and the bosses shifts I may have ago at later ones as well but will work towards this one for now.

Cheers R

Transalper
2nd April 2007, 08:46
Sounds good.