PDA

View Full Version : Got rear-ended on the way home

KLOWN
30th March 2007, 17:00
Damn, just got rear-ended. Was coming along mt eden rd turning left into .... (the rd that mt eden motorcycles is on the corner of) a woman turning right into same road had right of way so i slowed then stopped. Before I could get my foot on the ground *bam* bike shot foward I held on to the handle bars and got taken for a ride. I managed to stay on the bike and it stayed upright :niceone: kinda zig-zaged before I hit the brakes then stopped it. pulled over to the side of the road and I was FUMING :angry: A couple of deep breaths and some swearing beofre I took my helmet off. The guy in the car was still at the intersection holding up all the traffic and looked like a stunned mullet. :mellow: Told him to pull over to let the traffic through. He got out and said i'm sorry blah blah blah was looking at the car turning right not at you. Everyone makes mistakes so I was nice and polite and he was real apologetic. Dosen't look like there is any damage to the bike but I think he may have bumped the rear tyre forward because the chain is a little loose. So after that little drama I proceeded on my way home. Went through the domain and was at the top of the domain, new market side, and wanted to go straight over, pretty much anyway, to go down ayr st. We got the green light I started, indicated right (what you gotta do to show people your going down ayr st) and a toyota prado who is turning left into ayr st starts to go infront of me. He sees me then stops, oh wait he decided to go again when i was even closer. :angry: WHAT A FUCKTARD he really pissed me off he saw me decided to go anyway then when I high beemed him and honked the horn he jammed on the brakes to try and get me to rear end him. If i had a the skill to break mirrors I can tell you his would have been gone! This pissed me off a lot more than the guy who rear-ended me. Grrr

judecatmad
30th March 2007, 17:02
Good lord, they were out to get you tonight weren't they?!

Glad you're OK tho....

Madness
Sheesh!

I'm glad I sat on the couch all day now. Glad you made it home in one piece.

cowboyz
tough day in ALKD. you better come back down here where its safe

kiwifruit
30th March 2007, 17:03
Far out! Glad you are ok and i hope the bike is straight....

KLOWN
30th March 2007, 17:04
tough day in ALKD. you better come back down here where its safe

i'll be back down soon. Coming down for my easter holidays which is about two weeks. If I take the bike down we gotta meet up for a ride.

Dosen't look like there is any damage to the bike but I think he may have bumped the rear tyre forward because the chain is a little loose.

I hope you got contact and insurence details?

It might not look like there's any damage on the surface, but it could have impacted on things you've not seen. Always get the insurence details, even if it looks like nothing's wrong.

Buster
30th March 2007, 17:09
Glad you are ok mate. Its lucky he didnt bump you into oncoming traffic! Check ya bike out fully before you go back out on it.

Qkchk
30th March 2007, 17:11
Invest in a good pair of gloves - preferably the ones with carbon/hard plastic knuckle protection. These always come in handy when fucktards do silly shit in front of you. Saves your knuckles when you smash their mirror backwards. (Been there, done that - Someone pulled a gun on me one time and they found out the hard way)

I don't usually encourage such behavior but when it comes down to having your own life in danger because of someone's carelessness, a sharp reminder may save yourself or another motorcyclist in future.

Glad to hear your walking from the prang. Good save with the bike :2thumbsup:

yungatart
30th March 2007, 17:12

It might not look like there's any damage on the surface, but it could have impacted on things you've not seen. Always get the insurence details, even if it looks like nothing's wrong.

What he said - hXc's bike was recently written off after he got rear ended!
Glad you are ok, mate

KLOWN
30th March 2007, 17:25

yep. Told the guy, looks like no damage but i'll have to get it checked out. Got all his details he got mine. no worries

Glad you are ok mate. Its lucky he didnt bump you into oncoming traffic! Check ya bike out fully before you go back out on it.
yep it was lucky the chick turing right into the road didn't do it quickly otherwise I would have been right in her way.

I forgot to add the funny bit. After he had driven away I got on my helmet gloves etc jumped on the bike and ..... nothing. AW FUCK hes done something to it. All the lights were on, checked the head lights all working. So I had power. Just nothing when i pressed the starter. Tried to roll start it (crash start if you forgive the pun) and the engine would turn over but nothing. hmmm. Might go up to mt eden motorcycles and see if they can look at it. One more try before I do..... OOPS must've knocked the kill switch when i got hit. hehehe turned her over vroom vroom. Sweet, time to go home

T.I.E
30th March 2007, 17:25
that is something id hate to happen, getting rear ended dnt sound like fun. but looks like ya handled it well. well done. hope the rest of the week / year is uneventful.

-df-
30th March 2007, 17:29
There's something going on today...saw a dude pull a hammer out of his car and start waving it towards another motorist on the motorway this morning...and the dude that was waving the hammer just about caused a pile up (maybe he did...car behind me just about took me out) by slamming on his brakes in the middle lane of the nor western and stopping for about 30sec-1min...all because the guy he fully cut off beeped his horn...

I love Auckland :love:

Scorpygirl
30th March 2007, 17:32
Glad you are OK mate!!! PHEW what a day for you!! The Rd you were turning into is Boston Rd

Krusti
30th March 2007, 17:37
Glad you're OK mate. Stories like this make me glad I live in the country!

Macktheknife
30th March 2007, 17:37
Bloody hell! Klown, go buy a lotto ticket mate, you are so lucky. Really glad to hear you are ok, I have been rear ended before and it is hard to keep control of it like that so well done.
Take real good care over the next few days until you get the bike checked.

KLOWN
30th March 2007, 18:15
Just used my brain. wheel couldn't have been pushed foward because of the bolts that align the wheel (i assume thats what they do) and they are touching the swingarm. I guess my chain just needs adjusting. Cheers everybody. Been reading about this stuff for awhile on KB. Just a matter of time before it happened to me. I'm just glad everything turned out sweet. Tell you what though, you get such a shock when the impact occurs. *just putting my foot down* then *holy crap the bike is shooting foward*

SPman
30th March 2007, 18:16
I reckon we need to start packing pistols....
http://www.chuckhawks.com/motorcycle_firearms.htm

Quartermile
30th March 2007, 18:26
Oh shit YEA:Punk: but wouldn't fly in NZ:(

johnnyflash
30th March 2007, 19:19
Damn, just got rear-ended. ....CLIP...
WHAT A FUCKTARD he really pissed me off he saw me decided to go anyway then when I high beemed him and honked the horn he jammed on the brakes to try and get me to rear end him. If i had a the skill to break mirrors I can tell you his would have been gone! This pissed me off a lot more than the guy who rear-ended me. Grrr

Geez, you certain met a few of our insane car drivers.... and you are more polite than I would have been with the last incident.. He would have found me parked beside him at the next red light, feeling some of my anger ;) Hope you took his number and at least reported the dick as a drunk driver ..

Lorax
30th March 2007, 19:33
Well done mate. It's amazing how the anger from one incident gets passed on to the next fucktard that pisses you off. Watch out!

KLOWN
30th March 2007, 19:50

sounds like a good plan to me! :rockon:

RC1
30th March 2007, 19:56
good to hear your not hurt,as others have said get bike checked, i had a accident similar and on a GSXR400 and the frame was pushed out of shape and bike was written off even though it was no visible damage

ajturbo
30th March 2007, 20:31
welll it was your call to move to auckland!!!

Beemer
31st March 2007, 09:47
They come in threes - watch out for the third one is all I can say! And I agree with you, the guy who run up your rear end was careless but I did it to a woman once (not on a bike though!) who moved off then stopped for some reason, but the other idiot deserves a shit-kicking!