PDA

View Full Version : NUBEE

tassle
24th August 2004, 21:59
New member,finally got my full licence,am legal to ride. Want ideas on front tyre for my drz400,its used mostly for commuting,open road but will see dirt time.cheers.cool site ,nice people

Yamahamaman
24th August 2004, 22:09
New member,finally got my full licence,am legal to ride. Want ideas on front tyre for my drz400,its used mostly for commuting,open road but will see dirt time.cheers.cool site ,nice people

Hello tassle

Can't help you with tyre choice as I am not familiar with your ride, however I am sure that there is will be much advice forthcoming.

Welcome aboard.

Quasievil
24th August 2004, 22:10
Hey welcome along mate, On my F650 I had the best out of the pirelli dual tryes, Link below, try these out, they worked best for me. Oh and come on the Waikato Rally !!! its compulsory for new members:hug: http://www.pirellimoto.com/tires/catalogo/scheda.asp?ID=155&nome=Scorpion_MT_90_A/T

Holy Roller
24th August 2004, 22:14
I got some trails tyres for my XR500 60%road 40% trail gave good milage on the road and let me get off road when I wanted, didn't really stop me from riding with the dirt bikes but did not do much in the wet though.
Can't remember what brand but got them through Honda Motorcycles in Rotovegas 13 yrs ago. Have a look at what the adventure bikes are shod with and ask what the shop would recommend they usually know their stuff. My current tyre is a recommendation and I'm about to replace it with the same as its been confidence inspirering. (sp)

Firefight
24th August 2004, 22:15
Gidday tassle, welcome to KB ,

Sounds like your after a dual purpose or adventure type tyre, I think a guy here called "Motu" maybe able to give you the right advice, no doubt he will put something up sooner or later.

enjoy KB, some great people here.

F/F :wacko:

Ms Piggy
24th August 2004, 22:52
Hey tassle - welcome along and congrats on getting your full! :niceone:

Your observations are right btw - great site & fantastic people. Feel the loooooooooooove :grouphug: Ok I think I better go to bed before I say anything else stoopid!

LB
25th August 2004, 06:51
Hi Tassle - welcome to KB - a really neat site.