PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for warehouse-type work?

Donor
31st March 2007, 14:33
Mt Wellington area - mainly lifting cartons of stuff, 10~20kg

Forkhoist licence a plus, and stock picker experience if you have it.

Work here are looking for a couple of bodies, one for the 1530-0000 shift, and one for the 0700-1530 shift - both are Mon-Fri

PM me if you want details. (And hopefully the buggers will be replacing me soon... muhahaha...)

Donor
4th April 2007, 08:48
Still looking for a day shift body... possibly a courier role or 2 in the offering. (Van based, not bike - company vehicles though...)

PM if you're interested.

Donor
14th April 2007, 07:33
Okay, 3rd try

I have resigned from my current job due to new employment.

Problem is, the other 2 guys I work with have also chucked it in.

Anyone looking for a job around the $15-$16 per hour mark, in a warehouse environment, with some medium lifting (usually no more than 20kg) and preferably with a forkhoist license (though the company will put you through if need be), send me a PM and I'll give you the details of the person to call.

0730-1600 Monday to Friday

I'm only doing weekends to cover someone on leave, so don't worry about losing riding days on the weekend!

Situated in Mt Welly/Otahuhu area.

Cheers!

skidMark
14th April 2007, 14:16
i have no license until the 5th on june makes it a bit hard in regards to company vehicles etc. otherwise i would be keen

Donor
14th April 2007, 14:29
No license required initially...

Good company to work for, feel free to catch up and have a chat if ya like mate - PM me for details if you want to know more.

Ixion
14th April 2007, 16:13
i have no license until the 5th on june makes it a bit hard in regards to company vehicles etc. otherwise i would be keen

From where you live you could pushbike or even walk. Or bus. What Mr Speedie said. Of off y'r arse young man. Get yourself round there. It's a good opportunity, and if they are willing to put you through a forkhoist licence , grab it.

Report back with results on Monday. No excuses. No shirking. And remember, you have stock picker experience from your parts bitch job. I hope your CV is up to date. Even if it isn't , apply anyway. No excuses.

If you don't apply Monday a posse of us will come round and frogmarch you there on Tuesday. Just do it.

Quartermile
14th April 2007, 16:52
From where you live you could pushbike or even walk. Or bus. What Mr Speedie said. Of off y'r arse young man. Get yourself round there. It's a good opportunity, and if they are willing to put you through a forkhoist licence , grab it.

Report back with results on Monday. No excuses. No shirking. And remember, you have stock picker experience from your parts bitch job. I hope your CV is up to date. Even if it isn't , apply anyway. No excuses.

If you don't apply Monday a posse of us will come round and frogmarch you there on Tuesday. Just do it.
I would consider coming up especially :devil2:

skidMark
14th April 2007, 16:56
I would consider coming up especially :devil2:

thats cus youd just like to hit me quarterbike :P

Ixion
14th April 2007, 16:59
He'll have to take his place at the back of the queue if you don't front up there on Monday.

Mr Speedie, is that wagon of yours equipped with five point restraints?

Quartermile
14th April 2007, 17:00
thats cus youd just like to hit me quarterbike :P
No never, but lets say I did I don't think I would be alone....

skidMark
14th April 2007, 17:01
He'll have to take his place at the back of the queue if you don't front up there on Monday.

Mr Speedie, is that wagon of yours equipped with five point restraints?

i'm gunna be forced into this arnt i you know if you want me to not post during the day u just gotta tell me LOL

Ixion
14th April 2007, 17:02
Mark, have you PM'd Mr donor for contact details yet? If not, do it NOW.

skidMark
14th April 2007, 17:03
Yes it does funnily enough, failing that we have ways and means of transporting people who resist, but involves needles:gob:

note to self : do not resist

skidMark
14th April 2007, 17:07
Righto Mark, in all seriousness dude, this is looking a gift horse in the mouth, if you do not at least try for this one. If you are determined enough to get off your arse and make an effort, you never know where it will lead.
Go on Monday, no excuses, you been harping on about no money for this thatand the other for ages now. The hours are good no weekends.

40 hrs X $16ph is $640 gross.
When is the last time you got that EVERY THURSDAY??

never, i dunno i don't bother to go for jobs, i got abused so much at botany honda, then unfairly dismissed.

and most jobs i apply for i get turned down so sorta hits the ego a bit

skidMark
14th April 2007, 17:11
Whats the alternative? Stay home for the rest of your life feeling sorry for yourself??
Get over it, stop fuckin whining and go get that job.

i get the feeling i have no choice in the matter lol.

Ixion
14th April 2007, 17:15
Well, if you don't "bother to go for jobs" you are unlikely to get one.

What do you intend to do? Bludge off your parents until they die? Then what? Bludge off the welfare system for the rest of y' life?

Most jobs most people apply for they get turned down. so , just apply for more. How many have YOU applied for this month?

And in this case you have the inside running, an inside contact. Those are always the easiest to land. And from the sound of it they have several places going. Shit if I were out of work I'd be on their doorstep at 6:30 am on Monday.

And when you do go for an interview , don't rant on about being unfairly dismissed (though I'm inclined to agree you were). Just tell them that the previous incumbant who had been ill, recivered and wanted his old job back. Nothing puts a prospective employer off faster than whinging.

Stop f'ing around and PM Mr Donor, NOW. Shit , y're making me want to bring back CMT.

Donor
16th April 2007, 19:17
Ahem.

Mark, Jayson is waiting to receive your CV.

I have told him it will be in his inbox tomorrow morning.

Don't make me get the others in on this...

skidMark
16th April 2007, 19:19
Ahem.

Mark, Jayson is waiting to receive your CV.

I have told him it will be in his inbox tomorrow morning.

Don't make me get the others in on this...

i have no way of getting there so not really viable i don't trust my job in public transport.

The_Dover
16th April 2007, 19:20
Whats the alternative? Stay home for the rest of your life feeling sorry for yourself??
Get over it, stop fuckin whining and go get that job.

fuck that, work is for losers.

MArk, just get knocked up by some nigger and go on the DPB

Donor
16th April 2007, 19:25
i have no way of getting there so not really viable i don't trust my job in public transport.

With all due respect... bollocks.

You have no idea how easily you would probably fall into a job there.

skidMark
16th April 2007, 19:30
With all due respect... bollocks.

You have no idea how easily you would probably fall into a job there.

lets put it this way i like having my own transport.

Donor
16th April 2007, 19:34
Jesus, it's only til June...

Ixion
16th April 2007, 22:29

If you're going to make excuses don't make them such pitiful ones. What happened to that push bike you had ?

If you've made up y' mind to grow up a worthless bludger then just come out and say so.

Have you told your parents about this opportunity? And you turning it down and preferring to go on cadging off them ? I bet you haven't. If that CVs not in Jayson's inbox I'm going round to see them, to have a wee talk about you.

Sniper
17th April 2007, 09:56
Read this thread with interest.

Sweet Jesus Mark!! Don't you get it or are you deliberatly being obtuse? This is a perfect oppertunity for you. Its money in the back pocket dude. I know I really get fucked off with you, but Im sure you have enough brains to try sort your life out.

You mentioned you have a VFR you are going to do up. Whos going to pay for that? Your parents? You know what, it won't be your bike then, its theirs!.

What drives you to be so unmotivated? Make life your own, don't wake up one day at 65 and suddenly realise you have let life pass you buy.

Go for the job, honestly, what do you have to lose?

crashe
17th April 2007, 10:11
lets put it this way i like having my own transport.

Mark you do have your own transport...

Look down....... yes they are called feet.

Walk there and back.

You are young, this is a good way to get fitter.... for bike bucket racing that you want to get into.

At least give it a go..... the boss is waiting to hear from you......

Mr Merde
17th April 2007, 10:22
Skid Mark,

I've been watching this thread with real interest.

Take the job. Get some cash into your bank account.

I came back to NZ after 25 years away and needed to build a job history. I took the first job that I could get. Stayed there 3 years and have since moved on to a higher paid job in the field I enjoy.

I've been working since I was 18. I am now 50. Never been unemployed. I've always gone out and found some sort of work. It may have been shit work but it paid the bills.

The reason I am following this thread is that I have a 23 year old son in the UK who would love to be offered this opportunity. He has been going to interviews for 3 years now and cant get a job anywhere. He is now being treated fopr depression, brought on by a low feeling of self worth.

Dont let this happen to you. It breaks my heart with my son and would also do the same to your parents.

So the point of this.

GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ARSE. GET TO THE JOB AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST.

Mr :shit:

crashe
17th April 2007, 10:26
With all due respect Crashe, it is too far to walk, but cycling is not out of the question.

Oh ok....... my apologies for suggesting to walk there.

I thought going by previous posts that it was only a short distance from his home to the factory.

If he needs a pushbike, I have one hanging up in my garage.
Hardly used and has lots of speed gears on it.
I am happy to lend it to him until he gets his license back.

Sniper
17th April 2007, 10:29
If he needs a pushbike, I have one hanging up in my garage.
Hardly used and has lots of speed gears on it.
I am happy to lend it to him until he gets his license back.

Look Mark, you have folk willing to help. Why can't you at least try?

Donor
18th April 2007, 18:42
The position has been filled.

Literally, someone walked in off the street and got the job this arvo.

I had talked Mark up to my boss, assured him a CV was on its way. I look a right cock now, especially after telling him about the reliability, punctuality etc etc...

Ah well, say lar vee and all that, good luck Mark.