PDA

View Full Version : ZZR 1100 CDI problem

zzr1100boy
1st April 2007, 00:04
Hi guys..
First let me introduce myself a bit ;-) I am a 47 year old Male, married with one son, also a biker. (Suzuki Bandit 1200)
I am the owner of a 1986 GPZ1000RX and a ZZR 1100 (1996) also known as a ZX11.
I have a strange problem with my ZZR1100. A few times, the engine didn't fire up. the startermotor DID worked though.. This was allways as I stopped, turned off the engine, and started it again after a few seconds. When I waited a few minutes.. fiddling a bit with the ignition switch, my ZZR can alive again.
A few days I replaced the ignitionlock for a new one.
Than the bike was good again.. but 3 days ago he suddenly refused to fire up again :-( .. I checked every wire from and to my CDI unit (btw I don't have a spark, on any sparkplug) I replaced the CDI unit, checked all the wires again for short circuit, or breaks. Checked the neutral switch, cluch switch, sidestand switch.. the junctionbox.. checked the ignition coils (wireing + ohm meter check) Checked the pick up coil, (also visualy) Checked the emergency
switch.. actualy I checked and double checked every thing but I still don't have a spark on my sparkpugs.. (battery is 100%)
Even checked with a oscilloscoop but my CDI doesn't give a pulse to my ignition coils..

So what did I missed ?
any help will be verrrry apriciated..

Best regards (sorry for my poor English)