PDA

View Full Version : The Log Cabin

Big Dave
1st April 2007, 09:35
Co-pilot took me for a burn in her new wheels yesterday and we stopped at the 'Log Cabin' at Clevedon (cause I can't spell Maraetai).

Food was good, outdoor surroundings pleasant, and it's on the Sunday afternoon cruise loop.

A dozen bikes - mostly Harleys - rode past while we were there - just thought I'd mention it's a worthwhile coffee/snack stop out that way.

Mully
1st April 2007, 09:47
I thought this was a thread about going to the bog.

I really have to get my mind out of the gutter.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 09:51
You people with your cool places to go...all I have here is a caravan that sells fish n chips...and to get to that you have to ride 1.5 hours on a road that is covered in pot holes.

merv
1st April 2007, 11:50
Go a bit further to Napier - stacks of nice cafes down there and the road is fun and you could drop in and see other KBers now you've got your flash wheels. Just watch out for the Dragon Lady's old man as you pass through Wairoa.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 11:53
I might be making the trip there next weekend...who is dragon ladys man?

Napiers a awesome place to ride to...and my bike will be seen there a lot in the next few years :)

merv
1st April 2007, 12:03
That's Jim Simpson the local cop, however he should be slightly biker friendly being one that writes up tests for Kiwi Rider. The Dragon Lady said to me a week ago (in jest) that they'd noted Colapop's Mahia trip and that would give Jim plenty of bikes to keep an eye on as they zoomed through his patch early next year.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 12:06
I would prob know him as I do all the radio, light bar and electronic repairs the police cars in this district. However I didnt know he did write ups in Kiwi Rider...I might have to pull out some old copys for a look. What section does he write in?

merv
1st April 2007, 12:14
Sally used to do the Dragon Lady page but has since quit doing them and Jim features from time to time in bike test stories. I see on the next cover going by Big Dave's page here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47057 that there is to be an article on Jim and Sally's bikes.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 12:16
I reconised the Dragon Lady (which in the mag is Dragons Breath, Right?) title...but didnt know she came from Wairoa. Very interesting. I think I know who Jim is now that I think of it.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 12:17
Is Big Dave the editor or something? SOrry if Im a bit slow on catching up with these things.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 12:24
There ya go then aye...first Kiwi Rider I pick up (May 2003) it has on the top of the front cover "Jim & Sally's Excellent Crusier Adventure". Ya learn something new everyday.

merv
1st April 2007, 12:26
Is Big Dave the editor or something? SOrry if Im a bit slow on catching up with these things.

Big Dave can chime in any time here, but the mag says now he is the Art Director, Ross McKay is the Executive Editor.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 12:27
I see, very cool! Well big ups for a job well done guys...the mag rocks!

merv
1st April 2007, 12:32
So there you go Dave, not only have you put a word in for the Log Cabin but now Kiwi Rider and your work are getting praised all in one thread.

p.s. Dave pleased you didn't really leave KB and go and live with the Yanks at ADVR

Big Dave
1st April 2007, 12:52
So there you go Dave, not only have you put a word in for the Log Cabin but now Kiwi Rider and your work are getting praised all in one thread.

p.s. Dave pleased you didn't really leave KB and go and live with the Yanks at ADVR

Its all right Merv - I just bail when I don't like the interface stuff. never had any angst about it.

Big Dave
1st April 2007, 12:55
I see, very cool! Well big ups for a job well done guys...the mag rocks!

Thanks very much. Appreciate it.

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 16:17
Your job must be one of those jobs where its more fun than a job. Lucky guy to have a job in the motorcycle arena.

Big Dave
1st April 2007, 16:34
Your job must be one of those jobs where its more fun than a job. Lucky guy to have a job in the motorcycle arena.

You know when that conversation goes where they ask who I would like to 'come back' as?

err.....actually......

kneescraper
1st April 2007, 17:02
Eh? (6789)