PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Northland riders

SpinFx
1st April 2007, 21:25
1. I am trying to find some KB members to go for the odd weekend cruise :scooter: with in the north / far north area.

2. I'm also keen to find out about any local ride and shine type shows :second: or car/bike events happenig in the area etc.

Any comments or info welcome.

( We need an area specific forum setup so it's easy to find other members and events etc. ):yes:

NotaGoth
1st April 2007, 21:43
Try getting hold of CBobR... He's in the Bay of Islands area as well...

I'm to slow for anyone to have to put up with at the moment... lol

CBobR
1st April 2007, 22:23

Oi!, you know I never actually go outside. And you can't be slower than my Dakar.

SpinFx, I think there are lots of Whangarei based KBers who come up our way regularly as a group. See the Meetings and Events section for their wednesday ride details. There is also a non-KB/net based riding club based in Kerikeri (?) called.. Bay/Northland Riders? I forget. S'posed to be good people. Apparently just go inside whatever shop on Mill Lane in Kerikeri has a sportsbike parked out front, sorry I can't be more vague.

There do seem to be quite a few more bikes around keri recently though, I think some are on here, never actually interacted with them yet though. Maybe time for a Mangamuka spin.

Not sure about bike shows, there is one in Awanui in summer. There are a few hotrod/classic car show and shines on every now and then though. Keep an eye on the local papers.

NotaGoth
1st April 2007, 22:42
Fairly slow.. How about not going at all.. Bikes not going anywhere til my shoulders completely healed now..

Well now I've put you're name forward you're gonna have to see daylight then ain't yah.... Just to be kind...

All else fails I'll ask some of mums friends... I'm sure they'd be happy to go riding with you..

SpinFx
3rd April 2007, 16:29
Thanks for that CBobR, I work in Mill Lane on Fridays so I'll blast up and down the road a few times and wait for someone to come out.... LOL.

Seen heaps of bikes cruisin around up this way all the time as I live on SH1 between Moerewa and Pakaraka Junction. ( Always saying.....Wait for me...) LOL

As far as the Wednesday rides go I cant quite make it there in time as I finish work around 5pm and by the time I get home, get ready and ride to Whangas they've already left.

Anyone riding this easter weekend ???

SpinFx
3rd April 2007, 16:43
Attention: Moderators...... Please, please do not fine me for the placement of this thread as I had posted it before I got fined for the previous one. I figured it was the most logical place to find and be found for new members in my region. Please accept my greatest apologies. If it's a worry can it be located in your correct forum and a redirection applied ??? so other new members up here can find.

hitch
4th April 2007, 11:05
Try getting hold of CBobR... He's in the Bay of Islands area as well...

im slow too, :zzzz: we could be slow together, im sure if we got a head start we would all arrive together. :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

NotaGoth
4th April 2007, 16:11
im slow too, :zzzz: we could be slow together, im sure if we got a head start we would all arrive together. :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

No no... I'm REALLY REALLY SLOW!!!... And I'm still stalling a fair bit.. Haven't had my bike for long... *blush*

P.S if I ended up having to do a hill start I'd be f$#&*#$@ i haven't sussed them out yet.. :(

SpinFx
7th April 2007, 13:10
just posted in whangarei riders forum .......http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=45030

Details of a ride half planned for Sunday, Check the last posts...... Anyone keen ???

shadyfarmer
14th May 2007, 18:59
so where do you get to know other northland riders