PDA

View Full Version : just crashing the party

ewekay
25th August 2004, 01:43
owdo all, i was sent this link by a mate in NZ, look like pretty easy going lot. i've had bikes since.......oh dear :beer: but legally on the road since 1979. i ride old brit bikes (ok i can take the flack) here in engerland (i'm battoning down the hatches now). i was initially sent the link cus someone metioned a bsa with TT600 head fitted. can anyone help with pictures etc? i reckon the cardigan and briar pipe types would burn effigies of me for doing it but :whocares:
cheers all

LB
25th August 2004, 07:02
Hi ewekay, welcome to the KB site.

Paul in NZ
25th August 2004, 07:58
Welcome fellow old brit bike rider...

No need to batten down any hatches. I regularly give them all a good thrashing so they have learn't a bit of respect :eek:

(ah hem)

Paul N

70 TR6C
80 MG LM2

Holy Roller
25th August 2004, 09:20
Welcome aboard me-hearty
There is a good following of brit bikes over here, certainly brings back memories of ones youth.

Ms Piggy
25th August 2004, 09:34
Hey Ewekay,
Welcome along :2thumbsup Lotsa clever biker types round here...umm, I'm not one of them but like everyone else I looooooove bikes!

So where abouts in the UK are you?

Paul in NZ
25th August 2004, 09:46
Welcome aboard me-hearty
There is a good following of brit bikes over here, certainly brings back memories of ones youth.

Or last night as I was peering into the Triumphs crankcases....

Motu
25th August 2004, 10:51
That was me wot mentioned the Goldy with the 4 valve top end,I don't think it was a home built head but adapted from another bike,pretty sure it was a XT/TT600.I haven't seen it since I got my digital camera,but it was very well done,unless you are someone like me who is attracted to BSA B series crankcases like others are to the sight of bare breasts it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow,just some old single y'know...

ewekay
26th August 2004, 08:14
thanks all for the welcome :D i'm in coventry, right smack bang in the middle. i'm interested in acts of ingenuity with bikes which i suppose is why old brits flip my switch. there seems to be more you can do with them if you have the inclination and some ability.

off to wales for a few days now to find some sheep to make you kiwi's jealous :D

toads
26th August 2004, 12:30
hello and welcome, there's nothing wrong with old british bikes, or old stuff in general, and ingenuity is a wonderful thing, enjoy wales, My grandmother lived in trelloch for some years and my aunt lives there still. cheers Lucy

FROSTY
26th August 2004, 12:38
Gidday ewe --Dude in here everybody gets flack--Its all part of the fun lol
Nuffin wrong with solid british engineering.
Um I gotta tell ya though someone might pick up on the linkage to sheep in your nickname . :eek:

vifferman
26th August 2004, 12:56
Gidday ewe --Dude in here everybody gets flack--Its all part of the fun lol
Nuffin wrong with solid british engineering. Is that "solid" or "stolid"?

Um I gotta tell ya though someone might pick up on the linkage to sheep in your nickname . :eek:Surely not....?:shifty:

Cajun
26th August 2004, 13:01
welcome ewekay

Mongoose
26th August 2004, 13:19
Shhhhhhhh, dont tell him the the Kiwi blondes are far better than those Welsh ones :msn-wink: Or so I have heard :eek: