PDA

View Full Version : Our crazy Paris brothers and sisters

Cibby
2nd April 2007, 05:42
hi all,

after the usual bout of New Zealand cage and road bashing, i thought id share some observations of our latest travels..

Postie took me to paris for a couple of days, what a darlin, :love:

The traffic is easily the worst i have seen in my entire life, the huge huge 6 - 7 lane round abouts dont acctually have any noticeable lanes painted and everyone goes in the direction they require with little or no regard for others,

indicating?? doesnt happen, that would simply allow other motorist to know your game and take the fun away :shit:

The bikers are nuts, truely nuts, filtering is done at with hazard lights on and at high speeds regardless of how fast the rest of the traffic is going, and the roads are mostly cobble stones throughout the city and the most boring straight motorways outside the city with Subaru WRX's for cop cars!!! :Police: One huge positive is that the open road speed limit is 130 kms per hour in Paris and 70 Miles in the UK but most people travel at around 90 which is about 130 to 140 kms....

We also just spent a few days in Singapore which is almost a completely opposite contrast...

Before you can even get your licence, you need to apply for a certificate of entitlement, this means you up to $10,000 just for the right to a licence. :gob: Once you have passed your licence and finally are rich enough to get a bike, the best you can afford is a shitty 2 stroke with the whole exercise costing you upwards of $15,000 including the bike !!!!!!!!!!!:shit: :shit: closer to $20,000 if you get a 600 or a 1000cc bike

We have also joined GBBikers.co.uk, no where near as dramatic or interesting as you lot, but there are some gorgeous bikes over here in the UK and it appears to be a priorty to match your leathers and helmet with your bike... Lovely :)

placidfemme
2nd April 2007, 08:59
Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time!

safe Travels!

crashe
2nd April 2007, 09:12
Nice to hear from you and Postie.......

I am enjoying, reading your 'Travel Log'.........

So us, kiwi's aren't so bad on the road after all....... well some aren't :whistle:

Keep safe and ride safe should you manage to get yourselves some bikes.

Macktheknife
2nd April 2007, 09:40
Great to hear from you guys, keep us informed of your travels and tales. Singas is nuts, so is Bangkok, they have no discernable rules and noone gives way for much including red lights! Insane to view, even worse to be in it.