PDA

View Full Version : Superbikes from Donington *SPOILER*

Crasherfromwayback
2nd April 2007, 07:27
Yikes.....Bayliss biffs it big in race one and has a finger amputated!
He misses race two because of it.

Race one....Toseland/Corser/Biaggi/Haga

Race two....Haga/Biaggi/Corser/Xaus (Toselands HONDA sucked a kumera)

Pwalo
2nd April 2007, 07:48
Yep interesting stuff. Apparently Max was pretty pissed at losing the second race at the last corner.

I had to tape the second race, so I'm looking forward to wacthing it. There is a report that Frankie Chilli was in the Medical clinic when Bayliss was being treated, and heard Bayliss ask the Doc to amputate his pinkie so that he could compete in the second race.

bistard
2nd April 2007, 08:28
Yikes.....Bayliss biffs it big in race one and has a finger amputated!
He misses race two because of it.

Race one....Toseland/Corser/Biaggi/Haga

Race two....Haga/Biaggi/Corser/Xaus (Toselands HONDA sucked a kumera)

Hey Pete,did you tape it???,I was away at Castlepoint for the weekend,so did not see any of it,would love to see the races!!!!!

Crasherfromwayback
2nd April 2007, 08:37
Hey Pete,did you tape it???,I was away at Castlepoint for the weekend,so did not see any of it,would love to see the races!!!!!

Tape? Fuck mate....do you still live in a cave?

Get your ass in front of a telly tonight......6.00pm sky 1....highlights for one hour of both races!

Devil
2nd April 2007, 11:15
Get your ass in front of a telly tonight......6.00pm sky 1....highlights for one hour of both races!
Cheers, was just about to go looking for that info!

K6K
2nd April 2007, 12:38
Apparently Aaron Slight highsided too! in the 'parade of champions' They didn't show it as it was on the day before raceday. Merkle said (chuckling) that he got a bit excited in front of the crowd and grabbed a big handful of gas on the old ZX7-R and tipped it. No fancy traction control there!

Crasherfromwayback
2nd April 2007, 15:23
Maybe CFWB can give Aaron a few tips on Tuesday, ACC will find it amusing.

Yeah I'm gonna tell him good!

Despite the fact that Aaron has more skill and balls in his mashed pinky than I do in total......I reckon I could at least show him how to get a race bike off the line!:Punk:

Black Bandit
2nd April 2007, 23:21
Real shame about Bayliss crashing out - ya recon he could be toast for the rest of the season? Still set the fastest lap of the race, wasn't even beaten in Race 2.:rockon:

Championship points really close now - GO MAX you little beauty:Punk:

Kornholio
3rd April 2007, 12:57
Championship points really close now - GO MAX you little beauty:Punk:

Was gutted when Max fucked up the last corner in the 2nd race...you cant give Haga even half an inch or he'll take ya, gonna make for an interesting season I must say :D

bistard
3rd April 2007, 13:18
Tape? Fuck mate....do you still live in a cave?

Yeah Pete,for those of us "Cave Dwellers",I got home last night from work at
about 7.15,so missed the whole fucking thing again,Any other pearls of wisdom

Crasherfromwayback
3rd April 2007, 19:19
Yeah Pete,for those of us "Cave Dwellers",I got home last night from work at
about 7.15,so missed the whole fucking thing again,Any other pearls of wisdom

Sure mate.
1: Learn how to program your video. Or......
2: Get a life!

Hows that for helpful?

My pleasure by the way!:sunny:

Toaster
3rd April 2007, 20:10
Is it confirmed Bayliss actually lost a finger? And why the heck wasn't he told to take a hard pill and get back out there for race 2?

Toaster
3rd April 2007, 20:11
But seriously, that poor bugger. Less options for nose picking too.

Deviant Esq
4th April 2007, 05:50
I don't think he actually lost the finger, but he wanted to have it cut off so he could race in the 2nd race. I hope he mends up though, make the championship more interesting. Speaking of which, it's a shame James Toseland's bike gave up on him, would have been great having him in on an already interesting scrap. Biaggi sure was pissed he ran wide on the penultimate corner, but I'm pleased it was Nitro Nori who was able to pick up the scraps! See him bouncing around like a madman as he crossed the line? Whatabout his getup on the podium? I LOLed the last few minutes of the show. Go Nitro! Still, Toseland for the win.

Crasherfromwayback
4th April 2007, 07:46
I don't think he actually lost the finger, but he wanted to have it cut off so he could race in the 2nd race.

He certainly did. Pinky on the right hand has been amputated at the first knuckle. Quite common for these guys!:sick:

bistard
4th April 2007, 07:51
Sure mate.
1: Learn how to program your video. Or......
2: Get a life!

Hows that for helpful?

My pleasure by the way!:sunny:

Fuck You,we cant all be superstar bike salesman,who can swan off anytime!!
All jokes a side,finally saw it last night at about 9.30,good racing!! Great to see the Yamahas up there,whats up with Biaggi & the Suzuki running wide,no faith in the front to tip it in??
With regards to programming videos,I am having some issues with the current
technology at home,appears to have a mind of its own,or doesnt like motorbike racing,will record everything else!!Dont even mention the fucking expensive home theatre system that keeps crapping out

Deviant Esq
4th April 2007, 10:39
He certainly did. Pinky on the right hand has been amputated at the first knuckle. Quite common for these guys!:sick:
Damn! Seriously? Wonder if he knows it won't grow back? :dodge:
Do you know if it was amputated because of him saying "lop it off," or was the finger in such a state it couldn't have been saved anyway? I suppose fingers are pretty delicate things when it comes to getting them trapped under a bike! Common injury... ow, stuff that! Wonder how many ex racers are kicking around missing parts of digits? Poor bastards! :sick:

Kornholio
4th April 2007, 10:46
Common injury... ow, stuff that! Wonder how many ex racers are kicking around missing parts of digits? Poor bastards! :sick:

Ask Aaron Slight..........

Deviant Esq
4th April 2007, 10:56
He's missing bits of his digits too? Damn. That RC45 never did suit him though. Maybe getting into racing isn't such a great idea after all. Been reading through the Racing forum a fair bit, reading about other KB member's exploits, and thought it'd be great fun. Maybe not at the expense of my fingers though... I need these! :innocent:
Still, since I haven't even been to a track day yet I'm a long way off thinking about racing anyway. Maybe track days will be enough for me.

Edit: The info about Bayliss' injury is in this thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47388).

Crasherfromwayback
4th April 2007, 19:49

He's missing bits of his digits too? Damn. That RC45 never did suit him though. Maybe getting into racing isn't such a great idea after all. Been reading through the Racing forum a fair bit, reading about other KB member's exploits, and thought it'd be great fun. Maybe not at the expense of my fingers though... I need these! :innocent:
Still, since I haven't even been to a track day yet I'm a long way off thinking about racing anyway. Maybe track days will be enough for me.

Edit: The info about Bayliss' injury is in this thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47388).

Aaron got his had trapped under a ZXR testing in Japan, and had most of the repair work done over here. He didn't lose a digit, but tore the whole back of his hand off and suffered nasty tendon damage. He used to call into Boyle Kawasaki while I was working there to say 'howdy' to the Boyle Bros. It looked nasty!!!

Don't worry about these sorts of things mate.....it's unusual when you consider how many people are racing world wide!

I've been racing/crashing for years.....and I've got all of my digits. For now...:scooter:

Crasherfromwayback
4th April 2007, 19:52
With regards to programming videos,I am having some issues with the current
technology at home,appears to have a mind of its own,or doesnt like motorbike racing,will record everything else!!Dont even mention the fucking expensive home theatre system that keeps crapping out

Mate....I've recently purchased a DVD recorder with a hard drive.....BUT....fucked if I know how to drive it!

Must read the instructions one day.....

BigG
4th April 2007, 20:31
They dont show enough of Superbikes or Moto GP, some of the raceing is so good it leaves Formula 1 for dead even V8 supercars. You couldnt pick a winner at the start, it makes for some fantastic veiwing for the future races.............nice tosee Yamaha back up there:first:

Deviant Esq
4th April 2007, 20:42
Aaron got his had trapped under a ZXR testing in Japan, and had most of the repair work done over here. He didn't lose a digit, but tore the whole back of his hand off and suffered nasty tendon damage. He used to call into Boyle Kawasaki while I was working there to say 'howdy' to the Boyle Bros. It looked nasty!!!

Don't worry about these sorts of things mate.....it's unusual when you consider how many people are racing world wide!
Ow, goddamn. :sick: Yeah I think if I was keen to get into racing... I'd be mindful of the potential for an accident, but it probably wouldn't stop me from racing if that's what I wanted to do. Hell, if the potential for a crash put me off that much, I wouldn't be riding bikes at all! Still, early days yet, I really haven't been riding that long when it comes down to it. The NZ250 isn't suitable to take to a track day (brakes would wear within a few laps of hard use)... but hopefully the "suitable bike" issue will be addressed once I arrive back in New Zealand... :whistle:

Mate....I've recently purchased a DVD recorder with a hard drive.....BUT....fucked if I know how to drive it!
I used to sell those things for a living - they're usually pretty easy to work, no more challenging than learning how to drive your average VCR. Really depends on the brand as to the quality and ease of use. I used to teach myself how to use them just by seating myself in front of one with the remote control in my hand and playing with the menu, going through all the options. Most menus will tell you which buttons to press. I'd set it up for you and show you how to use it if I were in Wellington, would only take 10 mins to half an hour.

bistard
5th April 2007, 08:32

Must read the instructions one day.....

Yeah,whats up with that,I can build motors,repair bikes from the ground up,but cant figure out a "Fucking stereo system"

Kornholio
5th April 2007, 08:51
They dont show enough of Superbikes or Moto GP

??? They show it all :sunny: